The grades are officially in, 1L year complete - My thoughts Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
midrangejumper

Bronze

Re: The grades are officially in, 1L year complete - My thoughts

Post by midrangejumper » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:30 am

DarkwingDick wrote:What are you doing this summer?
i am working as a judicial intern under a circuit court judge, civil division. i came from a criminal background, and have always thought i wanted to do criminal law, so i thought this would be a great opportunity to see a plethora of different legal issues involving non-criminal issues. i would HIGHLY recommend working for a judge at least at some point in your law school career. yes, working at a biglaw firm is amazing, but working under a judge gives you a totally different perspective on the legal world (which many lawyers fail to get without such an experience)

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 am

gdane5 wrote:How many girls did you bang?

actually, as if coming here wasn't a great choice enough, i think i met the love of my life :P

so not many overall :lol:

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:I couldn't get past the first sentence of this post. And when I skimmed down to see something about ever since I was in 4th grade.... Is this post for real? Did anyone actually read it? Wow.
standard TLS :D

i just wrote it conversationally, i apologize it if it's that hard to read.

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:00 am

NewLawStudent wrote:Aahhh... I think I'm missing something here. What does this book have to do with law school? :?:

with my experience in specifically conlaw, i learned that supreme court justices mold their legal writing and viewpoints to fit their own positions. rehnquist is huge on state rights, so in the cases where that was at issue, he seemed to always vote the same way. it's just good to know the ideology of the court, that's all. it's surprising how much that can help in reading and learning cases. plus, i had some profs very big on the justices, so it was good to know about them (granted every law prof is different).

AsylumPB

Bronze

Post by AsylumPB » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks for a post about the upside of going to a non-T14 school. Too many people on here bash anything that is outside of that range. Very insightful post. Congrats on bringing your GPA back up!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Seriously I am really interested in the banging. Were there hotties in your class? How many got banged? Did you do any of the banging?

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Yes! GermX is the best!

The reason I asked how many girls were banged was because of the proximity of them throughout the school year. My freshman year I had a coed dorm and I banged 5 out of about 11 girls on my floor. A near 50% success rate. The thought of having the same girls around me for an entire year makes me so giddy. I can only imagine the possibilities. Another reason I asked was because of time constraints. Is it relatively easy to bang girls all while reading/outlining/studying?

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm

GermX wrote:Seriously I am really interested in the banging. Were there hotties in your class? How many got banged? Did you do any of the banging?
You must be a virgin.

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:32 pm

I learned that grading doesn't actually reflect your knowledge. I knew people who had that material down cold suck on the exam and people who knew barely enough to get along get the As. It's all about whether or not you take a test in the style that law profs like. :|

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:56 pm

jennylynn wrote:I learned that grading doesn't actually reflect your knowledge. I knew people who had that material down cold suck on the exam and people who knew barely enough to get along get the As. It's all about whether or not you take a test in the style that law profs like. :|
+1

helfer snooterbagon

Bronze

Post by helfer snooterbagon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:52 am

jennylynn wrote:I learned that grading doesn't actually reflect your knowledge. I knew people who had that material down cold suck on the exam and people who knew barely enough to get along get the As. It's all about whether or not you take a test in the style that law profs like. :|
A law school exam is not supposed to reflect your knowledge of the law. It is supposed to reflect your ability to apply the law. Knowledge of the law is necessary but by no means sufficient.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”