portability of penn st. degree Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
dlegg0387

New

portability of penn st. degree

Post by dlegg0387 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:55 pm

does a penn st. law degree have the same portability as they claim it to have.... i got a suprise call on friday and was admitted off their waitlist (current plan was to go to stetson).... i am not opposed to working in mid/south atlantic, but do they really place well at all in those regions, i think i saw that only 56% work in state??? thoughts please

gdane

Diamond

Re: portability of penn st. degree

Post by gdane » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:27 pm

If you want to get exact answers you should talk to the people at Penn State. Find out what the other 44% are doing.

In general Penn State, like most other schools, is a regional school. You'll find that your employment options are best in the Pennsylvania, mainly near College Park. Anything is possible. but more than likely your Penn State degree wont take you all over the world.

If you feel comfortable staying in Penn. then go to Penn State. Its not a bad school and if youre a college football fan you'll love it.

Good luck!

EDIT: If your choices are Penn State and Stetson, I would choose Penn State. The Pennsylvania market is much better than the FL market. FL is a mess right now.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:32 pm

To the above poster: Maybe you meant "University Park" as "College Park" is the location of the University of Maryland's main campus.
Regardless, Penn State's employment opportunities should extend throughout the state of Pennsylvania & be quite limited in University Park.
Many Stetson grads are entreprenurial by necessity or by choice & take the bar exam of the jurisdiction in which they want to practice; typically this is Florida or Georgia, but could be anywhere in the US, its possessions or territories.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Ooh yea, University Park. I guess I was thinking of UMD. Haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”