Samford (Cumberland School of Law)

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ryleez

Samford (Cumberland School of Law)

Postby ryleez » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:37 am

I just took the lsat in june at the Samford University campus and it was gorgeous. They just built a new library and the faculty seems to be pretty strong. I also like the thought of it being a small school because of the ease of access to the teachers. With that said, what is the general consensus of the tls crowd?
GPA: 3.9
Still waiting to hear about the LSAT

luxxe

Re: Samford (Cumberland School of Law)

Postby luxxe » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:21 pm

ryleez wrote:I just took the lsat in june at the Samford University campus and it was gorgeous. They just built a new library and the faculty seems to be pretty strong. I also like the thought of it being a small school because of the ease of access to the teachers. With that said, what is the general consensus of the tls crowd?
GPA: 3.9
Still waiting to hear about the LSAT

Cumberland is a tier 3 school that costs over $50k a year and is not likely to get you a job outside of Jefferson/Shelby County. With a 3.9, you have a shot at much better schools if your LSAT is even moderately decent. Alabama is ranked much, much higher, is less than half the price if you are in-state, and may actually get you gainful employment. You could probably get into Alabama with a ~160 with your GPA, especially if you are in-state.

If Alabama is not an option, I would consider going out of state unless Cumberland gave you a very, very significant amount of money - Cumberland is not worth $150k+.

Return to “Law School FAQ”