Putting Together A Law School Checklist

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
budafied

Putting Together A Law School Checklist

Postby budafied » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I'll be applying to law school this fall, and attending Fall 2011. However, I figured I'd get a head start trying to determine financially what I will need to purchase before I get to school in Fall 2011.

I know that I will need to furnish an apartment and buy a laptop, both of which I have experience doing. I was also prompted by the "Suits" thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63606) to purchase two nice suits before attending law school.

In addition to the laptop/apartment/suits, what else should I be looking at purchasing? What is on your Law School Checklist? Or, if you are already in law, what do you wish you would have had from day one?

*I found the following site, which just goes through a list of school supplies like backpack, legal pads, etc:

http://lawschool.about.com/od/preparing ... pplies.htm

That, I would say, is common sense. I guess I'm wondering what I will need that I wouldn't think of off the top of my head, like suits.

Thanks!

Miniver

Re: Putting Together A Law School Checklist

Postby Miniver » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 am

Last edited by Miniver on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 am

I'm going down with a box of condoms, a fifth of whiskey, and a pack of mechanical pencils. Should be enough to get me thru the first few weeks. Then I'll wing it from there.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 am

romothesavior wrote:I'm going down with a box of condoms, a fifth of whiskey, and a pack of mechanical pencils. Should be enough to get me thru the first few weeks days. Then I'll wing it from there.

FTFY.

Canarsie

Postby Canarsie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:58 pm

I think most of this stuff is common sense. I'm a 0L like you so I can't speak for what I wish I could have had... it seems like a lot of people buy E&Es, and definitely their books for class ($$). You might need to pay to belong to a gym depending on the school. Parking space too depending on living situation. Most of the things I can think of pop up when you're getting set up and can't really be bought in advance. And tbh I think you could have waited on the suits, etc. because you can buy that stuff the summer before and maybe even propose this very question to the rest of the incoming class.

Return to “Law School FAQ”