dilemma--I've got local career, wife got a 177 LSAT

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
griffy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: dilemma--I've got local career, wife got a 177 LSAT

Postby griffy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Go with the local top 35. Trust me, there is no difference between a top-35 school and a top 25 school when it comes to hiring. Its all local once you get out of the top 17.

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: dilemma--I've got local career, wife got a 177 LSAT

Postby motiontodismiss » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:UGA is a decent school. Emory used to be T20, but it's still very good. Vandy is your best bet. Duke is probably too far away.

I'm totally guessing the schools you are thinking of. How'd I do?


Say what?

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=atl- ... MAP-STYLE=

15 minute difference in flight time does NOT constitute "too far away." And I'm not exactly sure if Duke is closer to Charlotte or Raleigh, but Atlanta to Charlotte is the same distance as Atlanta to Nashville.

bigbigtree
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: dilemma--I've got local career, wife got a 177 LSAT

Postby bigbigtree » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:58 pm

im not applying to law school and this is my first time ever on these forums, but i had to register to so i could say how much i enjoyed reading this thread. the trolling, the suspense, the sarcasm, the romance, and the geographical mystery. top notch. couldnt have asked for a better time.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: dilemma--I've got local career, wife got a 177 LSAT

Postby SaintClarence27 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:05 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:UGA is a decent school. Emory used to be T20, but it's still very good. Vandy is your best bet. Duke is probably too far away.

I'm totally guessing the schools you are thinking of. How'd I do?


Say what?

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=atl- ... MAP-STYLE=

15 minute difference in flight time does NOT constitute "too far away." And I'm not exactly sure if Duke is closer to Charlotte or Raleigh, but Atlanta to Charlotte is the same distance as Atlanta to Nashville.


He didn't say he lived in Atlanta.

User avatar
cynthia rose
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: dilemma--I've got local career, wife got a 177 LSAT

Postby cynthia rose » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:01 pm

the trolling, the suspense, the sarcasm, the romance, and the geographical mystery. top notch. couldnt have asked for a better time.

+1

I also put in my vote for the poster being from Alabama, and unless the wife herself is a really big prestige whore (doesn't sound like she is) would say go to UA. UA's name will carry her anywhere she'd want to go within state lines and most people from Bama usually love it and have no desire to move...why, I don't know, as I've spent most of my life trying to run away from it. But hey, to each his own.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: dilemma--I've got local career, wife got a 177 LSAT

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:55 pm

bigbigtree wrote:im not applying to law school and this is my first time ever on these forums, but i had to register to so i could say how much i enjoyed reading this thread. the trolling, the suspense, the sarcasm, the romance, and the geographical mystery. top notch. couldnt have asked for a better time.


If you enjoyed this thread, check out these doozies:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=120236
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93082&start=7300
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119678
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=121049

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: dilemma--I've got local career, wife got a 177 LSAT

Postby motiontodismiss » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:28 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:UGA is a decent school. Emory used to be T20, but it's still very good. Vandy is your best bet. Duke is probably too far away.

I'm totally guessing the schools you are thinking of. How'd I do?


Say what?

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=atl- ... MAP-STYLE=

15 minute difference in flight time does NOT constitute "too far away." And I'm not exactly sure if Duke is closer to Charlotte or Raleigh, but Atlanta to Charlotte is the same distance as Atlanta to Nashville.


He didn't say he lived in Atlanta.


There's going to be very little difference in flight time between anywhere in the country and those two cities. Seemed like someone going to either Nashville or Raleigh would have to change planes at ATL (the nearest megahub).




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ferrisjso and 1 guest