Law School Prof, Bored, Taking Q's

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
paz
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: Law School Prof, Bored, Taking Q's

Postby paz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:37 am

jeremydc wrote:There is no regardless in my opinion because I am sure some would see the appearance and judge based solely on what they see which could in turn affect the grades.

Maybe I am off base ( i hope i am) but thats my perspective. Being poor my whole life, people stereotype me as the punk kid who is ready to cause problems.


jeremydc wrote:^^^ good Q, got a Juvi record half a page long but most of the charges were dropped.


Nah the tat is just of the Hawaiian islands.


Perhaps people stereotype you as a punk not simply because of the way you look, but more importantly... because you're a punk.

LawProfessor123
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 am

Re: Law School Prof, Bored, Taking Q's

Postby LawProfessor123 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:37 am

PKSebben wrote:Did you do the AALS meat market?


No, I was a direct hire. I had a mentor refer me to the school I eventually hired to. I'm glad I didn't go through the meat market hell, but I still wonder where I would have ended up had I did.

User avatar
altoidz
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Law School Prof, Bored, Taking Q's

Postby altoidz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:48 am

hello! what do you think is the best way to improve one's writing?

LawProfessor123
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 am

Re: Law School Prof, Bored, Taking Q's

Postby LawProfessor123 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:50 am

altoidz wrote:hello! what do you think is the best way to improve one's writing?


Get Bryan Garner's books and do all of the exercises in them. It will take you several hundred hours to do this. That's a start. Hire a writing coach, too.

User avatar
altoidz
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Law School Prof, Bored, Taking Q's

Postby altoidz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:53 am

LawProfessor123 wrote:Get Bryan Garner's books and do all of the exercises in them. It will take you several hundred hours to do this. That's a start. Hire a writing coach, too.


he has lots of books :shock:
thank you!

User avatar
jeremydc
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Law School Prof, Bored, Taking Q's

Postby jeremydc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:02 am

paz wrote:
jeremydc wrote:There is no regardless in my opinion because I am sure some would see the appearance and judge based solely on what they see which could in turn affect the grades.

Maybe I am off base ( i hope i am) but thats my perspective. Being poor my whole life, people stereotype me as the punk kid who is ready to cause problems.


jeremydc wrote:^^^ good Q, got a Juvi record half a page long but most of the charges were dropped.


Nah the tat is just of the Hawaiian islands.


Perhaps people stereotype you as a punk not simply because of the way you look, but more importantly... because you're a punk.



Your first post on TLS is a flame ?

I swear you better not be one of my exs haha.

N with the Juvi record. Most of that shit I was just hanging out with the wrong crowd. Don't judge :P

yellowjacket2012
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: Law School Prof, Bored, Taking Q's

Postby yellowjacket2012 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:28 am

LawProfessor123 wrote:Bump?

wow.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests