Legally Blonde for 0L prep?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
knickfan

Legally Blonde for 0L prep?

Postby knickfan » Sat May 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Is anyone else planning to watch legally blonde 1,2,3 to get themselves ready for 1L? I know its a rigorous plan but I need to start preparing...

rgucsb

Re: Legally Blonde for 0L prep?

Postby rgucsb » Sat May 08, 2010 9:01 pm

This post couldn't come at a more perfect time,
I literally just finished watching Legally Blonde, only because everyone had told me to watch it.

I wish I could take back the 2 hours of my life that I have just wasted.

colemf

Postby colemf » Sat May 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Theres A 3?

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » Sat May 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Naw. I'm good just sticking with The Paper Chase.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:Naw. I'm good just sticking with The Paper Chase.

that is scary shit.

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Sat May 08, 2010 9:08 pm

rgucsb wrote:This post couldn't come at a more perfect time,
I literally just finished watching Legally Blonde, only because everyone had told me to watch it.

lol cmon its not thaattt bad...i wonder if that how school really is...from what I read it seems right on the money..

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat May 08, 2010 9:10 pm

The Paper Chase sucked. I'm from the MTV generation and if shit ain't blowin' up I'm not interested.

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Sat May 08, 2010 9:13 pm

traehekat wrote:

The Paper Chase sucked. I'm from the MTV generation and if shit ain't blowin' up I'm not interested.

So...The Pelican Brief?

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:21 pm

knickfan wrote:

lol cmon its not thaattt bad...i wonder if that how school really is...from what I read it seems right on the money..

yes it is perfectly accurate.....especially the part with the HLS adcomm

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Sat May 08, 2010 9:23 pm

jayn3 wrote:
knickfan wrote:

yes it is perfectly accurate.....especially the part with the HLS adcomm

lol touche

mnolen

Postby mnolen » Sat May 08, 2010 9:26 pm

My favorite law school moment is when she tries to join their study group and Selma Blair goes, "We already assigned the outlines." idk what that even means. But once this semester a girl showed up late for a study group-y thing where we split up cases to write about and send to each other, and I had a strong urge to say it.

My second favorite is when the tall guy gets her a book from the top shelf. Because clearly to study for law school, you need to check out a lot of books from the library.

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Sat May 08, 2010 9:28 pm

mnolen wrote:My favorite law school moment is when she tries to join their study group and Selma Blair goes, "We already assigned the outlines." idk what that even means. But once this semester a girl showed up late for a study group-y thing where we split up cases to write about and send to each other, and I had a strong urge to say it.

My second favorite is when the tall guy gets her a book from the top shelf. Because clearly to study for law school, you need to check out a lot of books from the library.

lol. i think i have a couple of favorite parts in the movie but i can't admit it because Im a guy, it would be to strange.

mnolen

Postby mnolen » Sat May 08, 2010 9:36 pm

knickfan wrote:
mnolen wrote:My favorite law school moment is when she tries to join their study group and Selma Blair goes, "We already assigned the outlines." idk what that even means. But once this semester a girl showed up late for a study group-y thing where we split up cases to write about and send to each other, and I had a strong urge to say it.

lol. i think i have a couple of favorite parts in the movie but i can't admit it because Im a guy, it would be to strange.

Don't worry, I made my boyfriend watch it with me right after I took the LSAT and he loved it. You are not alone!

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sat May 08, 2010 9:42 pm

Aw what the hell.... everybody loves stupid people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCFRElyaCc&feature=related

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Sat May 08, 2010 9:48 pm

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat May 08, 2010 10:25 pm

I watched legally blonde right after my lsat too--I love that movie. I love marshmallow fluff movies--i don't like movies like the matrix: if I wanted to use my brain, I'd be reading, not sitting infront of a tv screen. So yeah, I'm partial to really brainless fun movies

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat May 08, 2010 10:41 pm

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Sat May 08, 2010 10:42 pm

goosey wrote:I watched legally blonde right after my lsat too--I love that movie. I love marshmallow fluff movies--i don't like movies like the matrix: if I wanted to use my brain, I'd be reading, not sitting infront of a tv screen. So yeah, I'm partial to really brainless fun movies

1) I agree with you about brainless fun movies. Since I'm still in school, I use my brain all the time. I love just shutting it off!

2) I made the mistake of watching legally blonde about a month before my LSAT. I got as far as when she receives her score, because after watching her crazy studying, I started to freak out and turned it off and did a practice test.

mnolen

Postby mnolen » Sat May 08, 2010 10:48 pm

goosey wrote:I watched legally blonde right after my lsat too--I love that movie. I love marshmallow fluff movies--i don't like movies like the matrix: if I wanted to use my brain, I'd be reading, not sitting infront of a tv screen. So yeah, I'm partial to really brainless fun movies

Um, that is EXACTLY my stance on movies. They're supposed to be entertaining, no? tbh, I sometimes feel this way about books as well - I mean, I'll read pretty much anything, but I certainly have a stack of chick lit and I'm not ashamed.

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Sat May 08, 2010 10:51 pm

mnolen wrote:

Um, that is EXACTLY my stance on movies. They're supposed to be entertaining, no? tbh, I sometimes feel this way about books as well - I mean, I'll read pretty much anything, but I certainly have a stack of chick lit and I'm not ashamed.

i think it makes your brain work more efficiently...

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Sat May 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Sat May 08, 2010 11:47 pm

I think she was just enjoying the lawyer's explanations too much to want it to stop. She hid it well behind a facade of understanding, but really she was laughing her ass off.

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Sat May 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Tautology wrote:

I think she was just enjoying the lawyer's explanations too much to want it to stop. She hid it well behind a facade of understanding, but really she was laughing her ass off.

I dunno - I would have thrown his ass in jail for contempt. I suppose entertaining the judge for half an hour is a great mitigating factor though.

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Sun May 09, 2010 12:02 am

Unemployed wrote:
Tautology wrote:

I dunno - I would have thrown his ass in jail for contempt. I suppose entertaining the judge for half an hour is a great mitigating factor though.

Not to mention all of us.

Return to “Law School FAQ”