Housing

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
swc65

Housing

Postby swc65 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:44 am

So I received my housing assignment yesterday. I have 72 hours to decide if I want the place and to put down a $2800 deposit that I do not get back if I decide not to take the apt later. Is this normal? I was hoping to get the assignment and then a few weeks to compare places. It feels so rushed to decide in 3 days in a place I have never seen (which has no closets apparently).

I don't think 1400/month for a 1 bedroom in the city is all that bad, but I feel like UAH is a used car salesperson pressuring me to buy because the car won't be there fore long!

YCrevolution

Re: Housing

Postby YCrevolution » Fri May 07, 2010 11:49 am

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:59 am

Sorry I can't be too helpful in regard to your actual question, but when did you submit the housing app? For some reason I thought CLS wasn't going to give us housing assignments for a few more weeks, so I'm actually pretty excited at the prospect of getting mine soon.

also, fwiw, I did see a UAH 2br during ASW and it was relatively nice. The girl living there told me she and her roommate each paid ~$900. Also, it didn't come furnished (unlike the 115th & 116th apartments).

swc65

Postby swc65 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:06 pm

blue5385 wrote:Sorry I can't be too helpful in regard to your actual question, but when did you submit the housing app? For some reason I thought CLS wasn't going to give us housing assignments for a few more weeks, so I'm actually pretty excited at the prospect of getting mine soon.

also, fwiw, I did see a UAH 2br during ASW and it was relatively nice. The girl living there told me she and her roommate each paid ~$900. Also, it didn't come furnished (unlike the 115th & 116th apartments).

I submitted mine just before the deadline. I am glad to have the assignment too. I just wanted a little more time to decide. I saw the same apartment as you, I think, and a few others during ASW. I just have not seen this apartment.

The apartment I was assigned is up at 122 and Amsterdam and there were no apartments there to view during ASW.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:06 pm

YCrevolution wrote:Moved to Law School FAQ forum.

Sorry I didn't mean to post in the wrong forum!

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Fri May 07, 2010 12:12 pm

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:12 pm

swc65 wrote:
blue5385 wrote:Sorry I can't be too helpful in regard to your actual question, but when did you submit the housing app? For some reason I thought CLS wasn't going to give us housing assignments for a few more weeks, so I'm actually pretty excited at the prospect of getting mine soon.

I submitted mine just before the deadline. I am glad to have the assignment too. I just wanted a little more time to decide. I saw the same apartment as you, I think, and a few others during ASW. I just have not seen this apartment.

The apartment I was assigned is up at 122 and Amsterdam and there were no apartments there to view during ASW.

haha, I applied in March and mine is still under review. Maybe because I requested roommates and listed a couple preferences. and yeah, 72 hours is a really short time to decide on a place you'll be living in for at least 9 months. I'll probably end up accepting mine right away since I don't want to deal with long-distance apartment hunting.

Return to “Law School FAQ”