Backpack or Man Purse/Satchel Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Backpack or Man Purse

Backpack
64%
Man Purse
36%

Total votes: 278

Patriot1208

Platinum

Re: Backpack or Man Purse/Satchel

Post by Patriot1208 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Canarsie wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
Canarsie wrote:I don't like the look of bookbags at all but I recommend it, especially for heavy loads. I have always used a messenger bag or a large tote for my books and I now have permanent shoulder damage. Even when I'm just laying in bed sometimes it hurts... especially if I am doing any kind of office work or studying. Basically the worst thing for a law student/lawyer. Get a backpack- and a good one.
Go to the gym once in awhile buddy.
I do plus I went to physical therapy and an orthopedic surgeon. What happened is the heavy bags put pressure on the left shoulder and morphed the bones a bit to the point where the ball-socket joint doesn't fit as perfectly as it should. When I move my shoulder it creates friction and pain. I should note this started when I was 14 and is unlikely to happen in the same manner to someone who is 22, but it can still cause damage.
Clearly, this is not caused by messenger bags. This is caused genetically. Unless you've been carrying around 100lbs of books every day of your life in a messenger bag since middle school. And that seems unlikely.

Canarsie

Bronze

Post by Canarsie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
Canarsie wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
Canarsie wrote:I don't like the look of bookbags at all but I recommend it, especially for heavy loads. I have always used a messenger bag or a large tote for my books and I now have permanent shoulder damage. Even when I'm just laying in bed sometimes it hurts... especially if I am doing any kind of office work or studying. Basically the worst thing for a law student/lawyer. Get a backpack- and a good one.
Go to the gym once in awhile buddy.
I do plus I went to physical therapy and an orthopedic surgeon. What happened is the heavy bags put pressure on the left shoulder and morphed the bones a bit to the point where the ball-socket joint doesn't fit as perfectly as it should. When I move my shoulder it creates friction and pain. I should note this started when I was 14 and is unlikely to happen in the same manner to someone who is 22, but it can still cause damage.
Clearly, this is not caused by messenger bags. This is caused genetically. Unless you've been carrying around 100lbs of books every day of your life in a messenger bag since middle school. And that seems unlikely.
I mean, I could take your word or I could take multiple doctors, physical therapists, surgeons and years of tests as truth...

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Alright, i'm just going to take your word for it and just assume you are HUGE pussy. Settled.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Patriot1208 wrote: Clearly, this is not caused by messenger bags. This is caused genetically. Unless you've been carrying around 100lbs of books every day of your life in a messenger bag since middle school. And that seems unlikely.
Dude, if you have an MD why you apply to LS?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:50 pm

sundance95 wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote: Clearly, this is not caused by messenger bags. This is caused genetically. Unless you've been carrying around 100lbs of books every day of your life in a messenger bag since middle school. And that seems unlikely.
It wasn't med school per say, it was more like bullshit detector school. Which is constantly going off here on TLS, and this one hit off the charts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Canarsie

Bronze

Post by Canarsie » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:02 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
It wasn't med school per say, it was more like bullshit detector school. Which is constantly going off here on TLS, and this one hit off the charts.
Yup, you caught me. I didn't want the OP to have a fancy messenger bag like me so I lied and made up health excuses. Now I get all the ladies!

TLSNYC

Silver

Post by TLSNYC » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 am

Is it worth getting a laptop book bag if you don't intend to take notes on your laptop? Do you generally still need your laptop much of the time, or no?

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:45 pm

TLSNYC wrote:Is it worth getting a laptop book bag if you don't intend to take notes on your laptop? Do you generally still need your laptop much of the time, or no?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:01 pm

OP = LTK alt?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 pm

the real question is why would someone not wear a backpack in law school? Man purses are douchey and not very practical due to the large number of books that you will need to transport. Back packs worked in undergrad so I assume they will work in law school??????

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm

I have a dark leather messenger back with a padded area for my laptop...works great. Whats with all this messenger bag hate? Use what works for you and I still dont understand why people ask tLS about what bag to bring to LS.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”