Going to law school with a BS/BA

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
JimCarrey728

Going to law school with a BS/BA

Postby JimCarrey728 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi, Im currently a junior in college, finishing up a Political Science BA degree. I am thinking of getting a BS in Adolescent Education too with a Certification in Social Studies. I hope to probably teach for a few years, and then go to law school. Are their many education majors who go to law school? What do you think of my plans? I just really need to bring my GPA up. It is about a 3.21

redsox

Re: Going to law school with a BS/BA

Postby redsox » Sun May 02, 2010 3:38 pm

JimCarrey728 wrote:Hi, Im currently a junior in college, finishing up a Political Science BA degree. I am thinking of getting a BS in Adolescent Education too with a Certification in Social Studies. I hope to probably teach for a few years, and then go to law school. Are their many education majors who go to law school? What do you think of my plans? I just really need to bring my GPA up. It is about a 3.21

Hi, Jim. Nice to meet you. I think your plans are swell.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Sun May 02, 2010 3:54 pm

LSDAS GPA only counts your GPA up to your first bachelors degree. If you want to be a lawyer, go to law school. Teaching for a year or two isn't really going to help you that much.

Cactus

Postby Cactus » Sun May 02, 2010 4:36 pm

If you really want to teach for a few years, go for it. Just make sure you don't finish all of your credits needed for the BA in Political Science. Hold onto a few required Poli Sci classes and finish those up as you are acquiring your dual degree in Education.

KingJames6

Postby KingJames6 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:25 am

Kilpatrick wrote:LSDAS GPA only counts your GPA up to your first bachelors degree. If you want to be a lawyer, go to law school. Teaching for a year or two isn't really going to help you that much.

What if I am double majoring and plan to finish my BA in History and BS in Anthro in undergrad. Should I make sure that I finish them the same term to ensure that all of my credits are counted for my GPA?

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Mon May 17, 2010 4:33 pm

JimCarrey728 wrote:Hi, Im currently a junior in college, finishing up a Political Science BA degree. I am thinking of getting a BS in Adolescent Education too with a Certification in Social Studies. I hope to probably teach for a few years, and then go to law school. Are their many education majors who go to law school? What do you think of my plans? I just really need to bring my GPA up. It is about a 3.21

don't graduate until your gpa is high enough for your liking

KingJames6 wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:LSDAS GPA only counts your GPA up to your first bachelors degree. If you want to be a lawyer, go to law school. Teaching for a year or two isn't really going to help you that much.

What if I am double majoring and plan to finish my BA in History and BS in Anthro in undergrad. Should I make sure that I finish them the same term to ensure that all of my credits are counted for my GPA?

as long you don't graduate you can continue boosting your gpa

Return to “Law School FAQ”