Transferring to BU/BC/Harvard from a T50

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
Scuzzlebutt
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Transferring to BU/BC/Harvard from a T50

Postby Scuzzlebutt » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:14 pm

I desperately wanted to get into a top Boston school this cycle, but was unfortunately rejected by BU, BC and Harvard. My fiancee is moving to Boston to start her Ph.D. and now I've either got to go to Northeastern or wait a year and transfer. I was accepted at a handful of T50 schools in and around the Northeast, but I'm concerned about it being difficult to transfer into one of those three Boston schools.

My question is, do I go to the highest-ranked school I get into, even if it's out of the region and hope to transfer next year, or do I take a lower-ranked regional school for a year and cross my fingers after my 1L?

OR should I just suck it up and go to Northeastern?

User avatar
JuTMSY4
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Transferring to BU/BC/Harvard from a T50

Postby JuTMSY4 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:17 pm

Its a shame you couldn't go to NU and then transfer (if possible), but I'm pretty sure that's highly unlikely (given the lack of grades). That being said, as many posters will tell you, don't go to LS planning on transferring...

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Transferring to BU/BC/Harvard from a T50

Postby bceagles182 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:22 pm

what about uconn? that's probably your best bet to transfer/stay close
Last edited by bceagles182 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blerg
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: Transferring to BU/BC/Harvard from a T50

Postby blerg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Scuzzlebutt wrote:I desperately wanted to get into a top Boston school this cycle, but was unfortunately rejected by BU, BC and Harvard. My fiancee is moving to Boston to start her Ph.D. and now I've either got to go to Northeastern or wait a year and transfer. I was accepted at a handful of T50 schools in and around the Northeast, but I'm concerned about it being difficult to transfer into one of those three Boston schools.

My question is, do I go to the highest-ranked school I get into, even if it's out of the region and hope to transfer next year, or do I take a lower-ranked regional school for a year and cross my fingers after my 1L?

OR should I just suck it up and go to Northeastern?



Wait a year and kill the LSAT.

User avatar
firebreathingliberal
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: Transferring to BU/BC/Not YLS from a T50

Postby firebreathingliberal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:40 pm

blerg wrote:
Scuzzlebutt wrote:I desperately wanted to get into a top Boston school this cycle, but was unfortunately rejected by BU, BC and Not YLS. My fiancee is moving to Boston to start her Ph.D. and now I've either got to go to Northeastern or wait a year and transfer. I was accepted at a handful of T50 schools in and around the Northeast, but I'm concerned about it being difficult to transfer into one of those three Boston schools.

My question is, do I go to the highest-ranked school I get into, even if it's out of the region and hope to transfer next year, or do I take a lower-ranked regional school for a year and cross my fingers after my 1L?

OR should I just suck it up and go to Northeastern?



Wait a year and kill the LSAT.


.+.1

Also, since your SO is in a PhD program she will be in the area for 5 years. So retake for next cycle and spend the year doing something awesome in the Boston area. Eliminate poverty in S. Boston or write a best-selling novel.

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Transferring to BU/BC/Harvard from a T50

Postby englawyer » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:23 am

retake, reapply, enjoy the year off 8)




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests