In State -- UVA

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
aigrl07

In State -- UVA

Postby aigrl07 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Sorry if this isn't in the right section. I'm wondering what type of stats I'll need to get into UVA as an In State student. I've read that UVA is more leniant with In States, but what numbers should I be aiming for?

Thanks in advance!

Membulldog

Re: In State -- UVA

Postby Membulldog » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:20 pm

The sky is the limit with UVA. I'd go for at least the mid to high l60's. Were you there for undergrad? That would probably help your case quite a bit.

firebreathingliberal

Re: In State -- Cooley College of Law

Postby firebreathingliberal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/third-fourth-tier.html

They are listed under 4th tier and you can find their 25%-75% ranges there. Aim for the 75% like 150 or something like that.

Also they are a private school so I dont know if they have any preference for in-state residents.

Edit: OP said Cooley when I first read it (a la April Fool's auto-corrects)... thanks TLS for making me look stupid.....
Last edited by firebreathingliberal on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:39 am

I say OP made a joke thread

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:43 am

either that or he meant U.V.A., which filters to Cooley College of Law

aigrl07

Postby aigrl07 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Membulldog wrote:The sky is the limit with UVA. I'd go for at least the mid to high l60's. Were you there for undergrad? That would probably help your case quite a bit.

Thanks! No, unfortunately not an undergrad at UVA. Never thought about going to law school pre-undergrad, and decided to take scholarship money at a DC area school.

I currently have a GPA at 3.4 (which I fully expect to increase because I changed my major and have no more math courses, hah), and took a diagnostic LSAT at 164. So if I can hit the high 160s or 170ish on LSAT day, and at least maintain my GPA, given that I'm in state, UVA is a realistic target?

By the way, being new to these boards I'm really grateful to everyone who posts on here. This really is a great site.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 pm

aigrl07 wrote:
Membulldog wrote:The sky is the limit with UVA. I'd go for at least the mid to high l60's. Were you there for undergrad? That would probably help your case quite a bit.

Thanks! No, unfortunately not an undergrad at UVA. Never thought about going to law school pre-undergrad, and decided to take scholarship money at a DC area school.

I currently have a GPA at 3.4 (which I fully expect to increase because I changed my major and have no more math courses, hah), and took a diagnostic LSAT at 164. So if I can hit the high 160s or 170ish on LSAT day, and at least maintain my GPA, given that I'm in state, UVA is a realistic target?

By the way, being new to these boards I'm really grateful to everyone who posts on here. This really is a great site.

There's no way you can raise your GPA to the 3.85 median by application time, so you'll have to pull a 170+ LSAT to have any chance.

Return to “Law School FAQ”