Time to send a second LOCI?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
beach_terror

Time to send a second LOCI?

Postby beach_terror » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 am

Hey guys. So I was waitlisted at my top choice and I'm an instater and the tuition + living at home would put my debt around 50k. I sent an email when I went under review saying that they were my #1 and that if I get in, I'll attend. A few days later I got WL'd and received a letter in the mail to send back. I included a LOCI saying the same thing essentially, but researched the school and added some info in about classes I'm interested in. This was probably about a month ago.

I'm visiting on April 2nd, should I write another LOCI about my experience after visiting, or am I overdoing it?

LegalGENius

Re: Time to send a second LOCI?

Postby LegalGENius » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:25 pm

beach_terror wrote:Hey guys. So I was waitlisted at my top choice and I'm an instater and the tuition + living at home would put my debt around 50k. I sent an email when I went under review saying that they were my #1 and that if I get in, I'll attend. A few days later I got WL'd and received a letter in the mail to send back. I included a LOCI saying the same thing essentially, but researched the school and added some info in about classes I'm interested in. This was probably about a month ago.

I'm visiting on April 2nd, should I write another LOCI about my experience after visiting, or am I overdoing it?

IMO a second letter is a little too much. Be sure to convey your sincere interest upon visiting! If you reeeeeeeally want to give them another LOCI, deliver it by hand on the day of your visit. Be sure to write "Attention: XYZ Person" onthe envelope so that it goes to the proper VIP :). Further, you may want to write a Thank You note for a particularly outstanding tour/admissions officer where you reiterate how interested you are in attending.

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:27 pm

LegalGENius wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Hey guys. So I was waitlisted at my top choice and I'm an instater and the tuition + living at home would put my debt around 50k. I sent an email when I went under review saying that they were my #1 and that if I get in, I'll attend. A few days later I got WL'd and received a letter in the mail to send back. I included a LOCI saying the same thing essentially, but researched the school and added some info in about classes I'm interested in. This was probably about a month ago.

IMO a second letter is a little too much. Be sure to convey your sincere interest upon visiting! If you reeeeeeeally want to give them another LOCI, deliver it by hand on the day of your visit. Be sure to write "Attention: XYZ Person" onthe envelope so that it goes to the proper VIP :). Further, you may want to write a Thank You note for a particularly outstanding tour/admissions officer where you reiterate how interested you are in attending.

I think you should wait till after your visit and send in a letter saying how much you loved your visit...etc etc...

sapp

Postby sapp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:34 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:
LegalGENius wrote: write a Thank You note for a particularly outstanding tour/admissions officer where you briefly - 1 sentence max- reiterate how interested you are in attending.

I think you should till after your visit and send in a letter saying how much you loved your visit...etc etc...

^

EDIT: the TY note should go to whomever organized and/or gave you the tour/answered questions. The letter saying how your visit reconfirmed your interest in the shcool should go to the proper dean of admissions. Don't get too wordy in either the ty note or the letter.

Return to “Law School FAQ”