Transcript, Grade (Non-Punitive?)

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Transcript, Grade (Non-Punitive?)

Postby 080808 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:51 am

Help please!

Next to a NP on my transcript, "RR" is noted. RR means "Original NP, I, or NR; no credit calculation". The units for the course are not included in my unit calculation (including units attempted) at my school.

In the LSDAS InformationBookweb, it states that the following grades are excluded from conversion:

-Grade symbols that have multiple meanings at the issuing school, and the issuing school's registrar is unable to confirm whether course credit was attempted (such as NC=either No Credit Attempted or No Credit Awarded, etc.). The total number of credits usually assigned to the particular type of course will appear on the applicant's academic summary, but will not be included in the GPA calculation.

How would LSDAS compute my RR NP? As a fail?

starsong

Re: Transcript, Grade (Non-Punitive?)

Postby starsong » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 am

080808 wrote:Help please!

Next to a NP on my transcript, "RR" is noted. RR means "Original NP, I, or NR; no credit calculation". The units for the course are not included in my unit calculation (including units attempted) at my school.

In the LSDAS InformationBookweb, it states that the following grades are excluded from conversion:

-Grade symbols that have multiple meanings at the issuing school, and the issuing school's registrar is unable to confirm whether course credit was attempted (such as NC=either No Credit Attempted or No Credit Awarded, etc.). The total number of credits usually assigned to the particular type of course will appear on the applicant's academic summary, but will not be included in the GPA calculation.

How would LSDAS compute my RR NP? As a fail?

My guess is that LSDAS would not calculate them if your school has clearly indicated the credits were not attempted. But that's just a guess...

mailmanstalker

Re: Transcript, Grade (Non-Punitive?)

Postby mailmanstalker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:10 am

call LSAC and ask. I found them vey helpful in answer any questions about conversion. And I was able to take to a live person right away.

Return to “Law School FAQ”