Any advice for better GPA?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
BrianGriffintheDog

Any advice for better GPA?

Postby BrianGriffintheDog » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey there,

I really didn't know anyone else to ask, but I was wondering if there are any advice for bringing up your GPA. I currently have GPA of about 2.85 ish :cry: . I brought it up from 2.79 from previous year. Apparently, this is above average @ my school by around 1.0. Sadly, being above average isn't good enough to get into any respectable law school unless I have a ridiculously high LSAT. I'll be switching my major to criminology & psychology 'cause poli sci teared me couple new a-holes in my 1st & 2nd year.

Thanks in advance

im_blue

Re: Any advice for better GPA?

Postby im_blue » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:57 pm

kyle

Postby kyle » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:30 am

Law school is a lot of work. A 2.7 does not look good to law schools no matter where you go to school. There are only two ways to increase your GPA - 1. finding a way to inflate your grades BS style, or 2. study more. You already know this.

If you're 100% sure you want to go to law school, and don't want to study hard now, you must game the system by picking the easiest major at your school and picking the easiest teachers. Every school has classes that are easy A's. But before you pick this option, remember, you won't do well in law school if you're not prepared to study your ass off. You should learn to do this now.... even though it works out sometimes, slacking is not a good mentality if you want to achieve your goals.

If you're going to change majors to increase your GPA, I say pick the major that you will enjoy the most - that is, the one your most interested in, no matter the subject. The best way to bring up your grades is to be more dedicated to your school work; assess your study habits and fix them if they are stupid. Make school work your highest priority.

If it's too late in your school career to bring up your grades, focus your efforts on the LSAT. It's a learnable test, but learning it isn't easy.

BigA

Postby BigA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:45 am

BrianGriffintheDog wrote: I currently have GPA of about 2.85 ish :cry: . I brought it up from 2.79 from previous year. Apparently, this is above average @ my school by around 1.0.

The average GPA at your school is 1.85? :shock:

Return to “Law School FAQ”