0L L Summer Law Classes

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Onion

0L L Summer Law Classes

Postby Onion » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 pm

A school I am contemplating attending offers a program that allows incoming 1L's to take one of their classes the summer before school states so that 1L's only have to take 3 courses their first semester. Has anyone done anything like that and was it helpful in the long run? Is anyone else entertaining the idea of doing something similar? (Not trying to be a gunner, just nervous about how tough 1L may be because undergrad required zero effort).

cardinalandgold

Re: 0L L Summer Law Classes

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 pm

If my circumstances allowed, I would've loved to do a summer start program. I think it would help only having to deal with one class and to have gone through the exam taking process before taking on a larger course load. I say if it's something you are interested in, go for it!

rando

Postby rando » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Onion wrote:A school I am contemplating attending offers a program that allows incoming 1L's to take one of their classes the summer before school states so that 1L's only have to take 3 courses their first semester. Has anyone done anything like that and was it helpful in the long run? Is anyone else entertaining the idea of doing something similar? (Not trying to be a gunner, just nervous about how tough 1L may be because undergrad required zero effort).

I haven't heard of this but I would have seriously considered it. It will give you a considerable leg up on your peers who didn't take the opportunity come first semester exam time.

Aeon

Postby Aeon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:29 pm

If you have nothing else going on in the summer, why not?

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:03 pm

my friend did it at st. john's. she said it was really helpful, and i imagine that she's right. you get to ease your way into it and get used to the type of work you will be doing. this is probably REALLY helpful for purposes of 1st semester grades.

Onion

Postby Onion » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Yeah, I am hoping it will help grading wise as I need to keep a high GPA to keep my scholly.

nealric

Postby nealric » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah, I am hoping it will help grading wise as I need to keep a high GPA to keep my scholly.

--ImageRemoved--

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:55 pm

I am enrolling for the 0L summer program at my school, and after speaking to some professors there I know without a doubt I am doing the right thing. No regrets here goodbye summer!

Return to “Law School FAQ”