University of Virginia

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Solerpower

University of Virginia

Postby Solerpower » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 pm

So in a week i'm heading down to UVA to check out Charlottesville and the University of Virginia Law school. Can anyone recommend anything to check out, any specific buildings on campus that are of interest?

Any current UVA students out there that want to recommend a place to eat, or a sight to see, that would be even better.

Thanks a lot!

Cavalier

Re: University of Virginia

Postby Cavalier » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:22 pm

The law school is a nice building, but it's nothing special. However, the Rotunda and the buildings on the lawn are beautiful - definitely check out the Main Grounds if you get the chance. For a place to eat, I recommend Chipotle!

Solerpower

Postby Solerpower » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks a lot Cav,

Do you think it's worth taking a tour or just walk around campus?

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Cavalier wrote:The law school is a nice building, but it's nothing special. However, the Rotunda and the buildings on the lawn are beautiful - definitely check out the Main Grounds if you get the chance. For a place to eat, I recommend Chipotle!

Even though I love Chipotle, I can't imagine going all the way to Charlottesville and then eating at a fast food chain.

Paratiel

Postby Paratiel » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:10 pm

I do not know if you have already seen the information available on UVA's website, but here is a link to their Charlottesville Guide. It includes faculty recommendations and a pretty extensive list of local activities.

Link: http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/insider/intro.htm

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Solerpower wrote:Thanks a lot Cav,

Do you think it's worth taking a tour or just walk around campus?

I liked the tour I took of the law school. You definitely won't have trouble finding your way around, but it's nice to have a student to explain various things to you.

Return to “Law School FAQ”