Is Yale really the best law school?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
YaleACCEPTED33

Is Yale really the best law school?

Postby YaleACCEPTED33 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:06 am

First off, I would only appreciate if other Ivy league bound students answered this question, as other schools are obviously inferior. Cornell, Illinois, Michigan; yeah all decent schools, BUT OBVIOUSLY not as good as the Ivy League schools. Not saying you guys don't have the right to go to law school, it's just you don't have the opportunity to attend Yale, Harvard, etc... thereby would not be as aware...

The rankings used to justify placing Yale at the top, are these legitimate? Moreover, what advantages will graduating from Yale offer me over Harvard, etc.?

Lawten

Re: Is Yale really the best law school?

Postby Lawten » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am

Cornell is an Ivy league law school

LawandOrder

Postby LawandOrder » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am

0/10

Most obviously trolling ever. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:09 am

YaleACCEPTED33 wrote:[strike]First off, I would only appreciate if other Ivy league bound students answered this question, as other schools are obviously inferior. Cornell, Illinois, Michigan; yeah all decent schools, BUT OBVIOUSLY not as good as the Ivy League schools. Not saying you guys don't have the right to go to law school, it's just you don't have the opportunity to attend Yale, Harvard, etc... thereby would not be as aware...

The rankings used to justify placing Yale at the top, are these legitimate? Moreover, what advantages will graduating from Yale offer me over Harvard, etc[/strike].?

Fixed

YaleACCEPTED33

Postby YaleACCEPTED33 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:12 am

cornell is perhaps an ivy league school, but it is not nearly as strick as Yale when it comes to acceptance... My friend got accepted at Cornell with a damn 167 LSAT score, smh...

I don't know why you think I'm a troll? I simply asked a question, and wanted input from those that plan on attending Yale or Harvard, and what places Yale above Harvard... I just assumed that very few people on these forums actually go to, or have to option to attend those two schools.

Lawten

Postby Lawten » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:16 am

Lol, I understand that HY are way more selective than Cornell, was just pointing out that this does not mean Cornell is not in the Ivy league. But to address your question: http://www.leiterrankings.com/students/ ... lity.shtml

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:22 am

Blatant Anti-Cornell/ Pro-Illinois Troll. ha

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:59 am

Lawten wrote:But to address your question: http://www.leiterrankings.com/students/ ... lity.shtml

These rankings make no sense. Harvard has better students because it's a larger school even though Yale has a higher gpa average?

Lawten wrote:I understand that HY are way more selective than Cornell, was just pointing out that this does not mean Cornell is not in the Ivy league.

I understand that OSU, Iowa, Penn State, Northwestern, Michigan, Michigan State, and Minnesota are better Big 10 teams than Indiana, but this does not mean Indiana doesn't attempt to play football.

atlantalaw

Postby atlantalaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:05 am

no, yale is just ranked number 1 because the rankings people got lazy. go to the lowest TTTT that accepted you and reject any scholarship money since employers look at scholarship money as a sign of weakness and lack of faith in self. hth

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:08 am

YaleACCEPTED33 wrote:cornell is perhaps an ivy league school, but it is not nearly as strick as Yale when it comes to acceptance... My friend got accepted at Cornell with a damn 167 LSAT score, smh...

I don't know why you think I'm a troll? I simply asked a question, and wanted input from those that plan on attending Yale or Harvard, and what places Yale above Harvard... I just assumed that very few people on these forums actually go to, or have to option to attend those two schools.

strick?

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:09 am

hannah87 wrote:
YaleACCEPTED33 wrote:cornell is perhaps an ivy league school, but it is not nearly as strick as Yale when it comes to acceptance... My friend got accepted at Cornell with a damn 167 LSAT score, smh...

strick?

he hit the wrong key. he meant strico.

atlantalaw

Postby atlantalaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:10 am

hannah87 wrote:

strick?

strict? i think that and all the other typos are for added trolling affect.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 am

haha i know, i just liked it. amusing troll.

acdisagod

Postby acdisagod » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:23 am

This thread couldn't be a bigger flame. Anyone who uses the term ivy league when distinguishing law schools is a moron. Cornell is Ivy, Stanford is not. Stanford>Cornell. And for the record Cooley>OP

Reinhardt

Postby Reinhardt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:24 am

Princeton has traditionally held the top spot above Yale in firm hiring, while Dartmouth is gaining in academic hiring. Those of us attending true Ivy League law schools generally view Yale as a TTT in decline.

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:24 am

LawandOrder wrote:0/10

Most obviously trolling ever. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

+100

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that can be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:25 am

YaleACCEPTED33 wrote:First off, I would only appreciate if other Ivy league bound students answered this question, as other schools are obviously inferior. Cornell, Illinois, Michigan; yeah all decent schools, BUT OBVIOUSLY not as good as the Ivy League schools. Not saying you guys don't have the right to go to law school, it's just you don't have the opportunity to attend Yale, Harvard, etc... thereby would not be as aware...

Did anyone else find the text above in bold to be the most amusing part of this post? How did Illinois slip in with Cornell and Michigan? haha

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:26 am

This is a flame of the first order. Not even close.

slider

Postby slider » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 am

ITT: OP establishes that he cannot spell or identify an Ivy League school, but has nonetheless been accepted to HY.

acdisagod

Postby acdisagod » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:36 am

slider wrote:ITT: OP establishes that he cannot spell or identify an Ivy League school, but has nonetheless been accepted to HY.

+1

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:39 am

Reinhardt wrote:Princeton has traditionally held the top spot above Yale in firm hiring, while Dartmouth is gaining in academic hiring. Those of us attending true Ivy League law schools generally view Yale as a TTT in decline.

The above poster makes some valid points, but he forgets to mention that Brown has recently hired some pretty impressive faculty.

HJO

Postby HJO » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:45 pm

LOL

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Mr. Soo0o00oFly is trolling us.

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:16 pm

ITT: A good time is had by all.

Return to “Law School FAQ”