Just Starting To Study: How to start?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Just Starting To Study: How to start?

Postby jeremydc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Whats up everyone, I just wanted to say that this website and forum is really helpful and motivates me to start doing good in my life.

Back to the topic

So I am planning to order 3 of the sections of the LSAT by Powersource bible. Money is kind of tight at the moment and was wondering if I needed to order the newest edition of the books or if I could buy older versions from 2004-2007?

I am planning on studying each section individually until I am comfortable then going on to the next. After all 3, I was planning on taking as much as I can of the "10 Practice tests" and other prep tests.

I did a practice test yesterday and failed badly. I noticed that strategy, logic, and process of elimination is a part of the process.

This is my second semester at the University of Hawaii (3.75gpa) so I should have another 1 1/2 - 2 years until I graduate. This gives me about a year and a few months to study. I am planning on taking the maybe next Feb tto see where I place then next June (if this is possible) to try and get a better score if I am not comfortable with the Feb test. I know if I take the test in june and do well then I can apply to schools early for fall 2012 which raises my chances a bit more.

My goal is to get into Newark with a 165/3.5 with a high scholarship offer

Please suggest anything or if I am wrong about something.

Me-a Culpa

Re: Just Starting To Study: How to start?

Postby Me-a Culpa » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Try this forum: viewforum.php?f=6

But... skip the reading comp bible and use the extra $$ to get the newest Logic Games book. It has a couple hundred more pages than the old one.

Return to “Law School FAQ”