Should economic class impact decision?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Should economic class impact decision?

Postby TrialsOfMiles » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:57 pm

I know that the US hasn't adopted any type of caste system recently, but pending my Feb. LSAT scores I am turning over the idea of applying to a few T14, -HYS due to GPA.

My concern is that if accepted to some these schools, I may find myself in a role sort of similar to that of Charlie Simms à la Scent of a Woman. I don't come from money, and I am far from being a socialite. Are some T14 schools so full of blue-blood tradition that I would have a difficult enough time relating with my classmates? To the point where I shouldn't bother applying?

I know that this is probably a concern blown up by the TV/film industry and their love of showing the have-not kid succeeding in an atmosphere typically reserved for the privileged, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Anyway, if I deserve it let the trolling begin. Thanks.

Re: Should economic class impact decision?

Postby thelawguy777 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Yes. You will be mocked and debased at any Ivy school. If I were you I would only apply to Berkeley and the University of Idaho...

No way man! This is America! :-)

Every school has its blue bloods but every school has its farmers and country folk! Go to the best school you can get into and rock it!

Postby kittenmittons » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:03 pm

IB proles make tired moral desert arguments

Postby Veyron » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Uppers don't go to law school. XOXOHTH

Return to “Law School FAQ”