Absolute Bottom of the Class... Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
solidsnake

Silver

Re: Absolute Bottom of the Class...

Post by solidsnake » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:44 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: I didn't change; my classmates didn't change, though the curve may have changed us.
OS, as much pleasure as i get seeing you seduced into biglaw, why do you have to finish off your posts like a closing voice-over in the Wonder Years?

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm

solidsnake wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: I didn't change; my classmates didn't change, though the curve may have changed us.
OS, as much pleasure as i get seeing you seduced into biglaw, why do you have to finish off your posts like a closing voice-over in the Wonder Years?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Is this what happens on days when all admissions offices are closed and there is no mail? lol

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 pm

solidsnake wrote:
Bitter, pessimistic, and snarky were all taken. I'm just trying to look in the mirror and not hate that person. I mean, I can let TLS do that, so I ought not to preempt your fun.

BobSacamano

Bronze

Post by BobSacamano » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Honestly, if I'm a 0L, the class that I would be scared about would be my legal writing course. It's unexpectedly difficult, a huge time sink, and the grading seems even more arbitrary than your standard 1L courses. I guess I underestimated how hard writing a good brief or memo is. At my school LRW is uncurved and your grade basically depends on how tough of a grader you happened to get. My professor is notoriously stingy with giving out A's. Wonderful!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aeroplane

Bronze

Post by Aeroplane » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 pm

BobSacamano wrote:Honestly, if I'm a 0L, the class that I would be scared about would be my legal writing course. It's unexpectedly difficult, a huge time sink, and the grading seems even more arbitrary than your standard 1L courses. I guess I underestimated how hard writing a good brief or memo is. At my school LRW is uncurved and your grade basically depends on how tough of a grader you happened to get. My professor is notoriously stingy with giving out A's. Wonderful!
P/F FTW!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:44 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:OS, you seem like a really nice person. But whenever I read your posts I can't help but feel like I want to reach through my computer monitor and slap someone.
ITT: Creepy S&M come on disgusted as insult
:cry:. In all seriousness, I'm trying to get happy and healthy again in the new semester. I'm talking about it because I think someone needs to.

To Ray: I don't know why I feel this way, only that it feels awful. I admire your coolness and composure so much. If anyone deserves success, you do.
Are you eating enough?

Also I can tell Ray is bad ass just from the internet.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:03 pm

I don't understand all the OS hate. She is more polite and more helpful than 90% of the people on this board. If she gets a little mushy at times, that's fine with me. Better to have someone like OS than yet another of the snarky, elitist, right-wing douchebags that dominate TLS.

Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Post by Me-a Culpa » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 pm

swheat wrote:Better to have someone like OS than yet another of the snarky, elitist, right-wing douchebags that dominate TLS.
Perfect.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Who said I wasn't a fan? stfu

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:14 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
solidsnake wrote:
Bitter, pessimistic, and snarky were all taken. I'm just trying to look in the mirror and not hate that person. I mean, I can let TLS do that, so I ought not to preempt your fun.
I had first dibs on bitter, post-V-Day.

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:31 am

Lawschoolman wrote:Never underestimate the law of horrible. If you have a large enough group of law students (I don't care which school), some of them will be horrible at taking law school exams. This will comprise the bottom of the class.
+ 1. I never fully appreciated the law of horrible until grades came back.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:34 am

superserial wrote:
Lawschoolman wrote:Never underestimate the law of horrible. If you have a large enough group of law students (I don't care which school), some of them will be horrible at taking law school exams. This will comprise the bottom of the class.
?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:51 am

Kohinoor wrote:
superserial wrote:
?
a bunch of people who I expected to do well, based on their command of the BLL and consistent effort, bombed finals hard.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:33 am

superserial wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
superserial wrote:
?
a bunch of people who I expected to do well, based on their command of the BLL and consistent effort, bombed finals hard.
Is that the law of horrible or a curve?

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 am

Kohinoor wrote:
superserial wrote:
aren't those equivalents?

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 am

superserial wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
superserial wrote:
:?: :!: :shock: :? :!: :?:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 am

prezidentv8 wrote:
superserial wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
superserial wrote:
essentially they are...

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 am

superserial wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
superserial wrote:
Kohinoor wrote: Is that the law of horrible or a curve?
essentially they are...
Thread is QUICKLY going places.

sch6les

New

Post by sch6les » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:25 am

Last edited by sch6les on Tue May 01, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:41 am

sch6les wrote:I don't know why anyone has brought this up yet, but wouldn't people at the bottom most likely be URM's, splitters (but not reverse splitters), etc? After all, these are people who gained admission with lower standards than the rest of the class, and would thus be of lower caliber.
And so it begins...

again.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:58 am

sch6les wrote:I don't know why anyone has brought this up yet, but wouldn't people at the bottom most likely be URM's, splitters (but not reverse splitters), etc?
No.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:59 am

Also, why would you include splitters in this likely-to-be-at-bottom group, but not reverse splitters? The LSAT is supposed to be the indicator of 1L performance much more than UGPA.

I'm assuming you are an extreme reverse splitter with a grudge.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:03 am

sch6les wrote:I don't know why anyone has brought this up yet, but wouldn't people at the bottom most likely be URM's, splitters (but not reverse splitters), etc? After all, these are people who gained admission with lower standards than the rest of the class, and would thus be of lower caliber.
*Clicks Add Foe*

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:07 am

Come to UVA! We'll enroll in the same classes together. People who assume previous success will translate automatically into law school success are my best friend when it comes to the curve.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”