Psyched for Law School!

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
Clint Eastwood
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:15 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Clint Eastwood » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Tell me, Colonel... Were you ever young?

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Bosque » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:Tell me, Colonel... Were you ever young?


Yup. And just as reckless as you. Then one day, something happened. It made life very precious to me.

narkizopoint
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby narkizopoint » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:55 am

cant wait to quit my job- YES!

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Doritos » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 pm

I can't wait to study all the time and pray to God I beat the curve.

User avatar
mikeyp
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby mikeyp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:03 pm

traehekat wrote:Now that we all know what our fears are, in the spirit of USS: Optimism, lets talk about what we are excited for about law school. I have a feeling this will not be as active of a thread...

Oddly enough, I am excited for the workload. It sounds incredibly difficult and I am excited to start 'figuring it out.'
I'm excited to meet some interesting people, as I myself am not one of them. I want to get to know everyone from the nerdy art girl, to the NCAA athlete, to the 35 year old father/husband.
I'm excited to be surrounded by not only brilliant professors, but some pretty intelligent students as well. I love a great academic atmosphere.

If I end up in another part of the country, I am excited for that too, especially if I end up in North Carolina.


That's all I got... anyone else?!


I have to say I felt the same way before I entered 1L! It's a great mindset to be in, it will help you a lot mentally. Good luck!

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby scionb4 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm excited of the prospect of getting a job. Theatre degrees are essentially really expensive pieces of toilet paper.

User avatar
mikeyp
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby mikeyp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Cupidity wrote:SGA President, 3 Faculty Committees, I teach a class, work a job 25 hours a week, sit on the Colleges Board of Trustees, take 19 credit hours and have the whole law-school application process to put up with on top of everything else in life.

This time next year, I will have 1 thing to do-->study. I'm going to love it.


+1 billion

This is my FAVORITE PART without question.

misslawyer2013
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby misslawyer2013 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:32 pm

starstruck393 wrote:The real world sucks, here's to 3 more years of avoiding responsibility.

Oh, and my interest in the subject matter has genuinely been piqued, and I'm excited to start learning it...


+1 ... I have no original thoughts

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby prezidentv8 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Bosque wrote:
echoi wrote:After breezing through my liberal arts major in undergrad, I'm excited to take courses that will actually be useful and relevant to my future career.


HAhahaha!

I have some bad news for you about the bolded...


LOLz

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby 98234872348 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:39 pm

You're all insane and masochistic.

hth.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby prezidentv8 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:26 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
pearl_earrings
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby pearl_earrings » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:56 pm

I can't wait to meet interesting, engaging, intelligent people. I'm excited to have good conversations, work hard, and consume countless cups of coffee.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 am

I can't wait.

For me it is a new country, new school, different language. It will be a big change.

Kobe_Teeth
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 am

Luis Gomez wrote:I can't wait.

For me it is a new country, new school, different language. It will be a big change.



Wow, that;s awesome. Good luck!

BTW...ESL 166 LSAT...impressive.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:17 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:I can't wait.

For me it is a new country, new school, different language. It will be a big change.



Wow, that;s awesome. Good luck!

BTW...ESL 166 LSAT...impressive.


Thanks, you did pretty good yourself. Hope you get into UIUC and join me.

User avatar
annapavlova
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby annapavlova » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 am

Awwwwwwwwwww. How cute.

User avatar
one&only
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby one&only » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 am

annapavlova wrote:Awwwwwwwwwww. How cute.


annapavlova this is why you shouldn't have gone for Worthless Social Science, it messes up with your brain.

User avatar
annapavlova
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby annapavlova » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 pm

one&only wrote:
annapavlova wrote:Awwwwwwwwwww. How cute.


annapavlova this is why you shouldn't have gone for Worthless Social Science, it messes up with your brain.


Huh?

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 pm

annapavlova wrote:
one&only wrote:
annapavlova wrote:Awwwwwwwwwww. How cute.


annapavlova this is why you shouldn't have gone for Worthless Social Science, it messes up with your brain.


Huh?


Don't worry about him, he is my personal TROLL, he follows me an other TLSer and posts negative stuff around our posts. (Today he can go all out on me, since I got my first waitlist).

Just disregard him, everyone else does.

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Doritos » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:51 pm

annapavlova wrote:Awwwwwwwwwww. How cute.


I also attended Ohio State. Thought I'd throw that out there. Also, Luis don't worry 'bout the WL you got some quality options in front of you.

User avatar
annapavlova
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby annapavlova » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 am

Luis Gomez wrote:
annapavlova wrote:
one&only wrote:
annapavlova wrote:Awwwwwwwwwww. How cute.


annapavlova this is why you shouldn't have gone for Worthless Social Science, it messes up with your brain.


Huh?


Don't worry about him, he is my personal TROLL, he follows me an other TLSer and posts negative stuff around our posts. (Today he can go all out on me, since I got my first waitlist).

Just disregard him, everyone else does.


Bummer. He isn't even a good troll.

I got waitlisted at 1/2 of the schools I applied. Now I'm doing just fine and I've done well in classes. No worries.

User avatar
SmittenMitten
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby SmittenMitten » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:45 pm

narkizopoint wrote:cant wait to quit my job- YES!



+1000

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby Bosque » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:01 pm

mikeyp wrote:
Cupidity wrote:SGA President, 3 Faculty Committees, I teach a class, work a job 25 hours a week, sit on the Colleges Board of Trustees, take 19 credit hours and have the whole law-school application process to put up with on top of everything else in life.

This time next year, I will have 1 thing to do-->study. I'm going to love it.


+1 billion

This is my FAVORITE PART without question.


Missed this one. Sorry to burst your bubble here too, but you are going to have a hell of a lot to do on top of studying this time next year. Job hunt, student organization elections, job hunt, brief, job hunt, public interest work, job hunt...

Ah, what fun crushing spirits is. :D

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:06 pm

traehekat wrote:Oddly enough, I am excited for the workload. It sounds incredibly difficult and I am excited to start 'figuring it out.'
I'm excited to meet some interesting people, as I myself am not one of them. I want to get to know everyone from the nerdy art girl, to the NCAA athlete, to the 35 year old father/husband.
I'm excited to be surrounded by not only brilliant professors, but some pretty intelligent students as well. I love a great academic atmosphere.
If I end up in another part of the country, I am excited for that too, especially if I end up in North Carolina.


anyone else remember saying the bolded verbatim before UG?

buy yeah, im excited about the work load in a 'let's see what i'm made out of' sort of way

User avatar
mikeyp
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Re: Psyched for Law School!

Postby mikeyp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Bosque wrote:
mikeyp wrote:
Cupidity wrote:SGA President, 3 Faculty Committees, I teach a class, work a job 25 hours a week, sit on the Colleges Board of Trustees, take 19 credit hours and have the whole law-school application process to put up with on top of everything else in life.

This time next year, I will have 1 thing to do-->study. I'm going to love it.


+1 billion

This is my FAVORITE PART without question.


Missed this one. Sorry to burst your bubble here too, but you are going to have a hell of a lot to do on top of studying this time next year. Job hunt, student organization elections, job hunt, brief, job hunt, public interest work, job hunt...

Ah, what fun crushing spirits is. :D


Well I am a 1L currently, and I am experiencing the job hunt, brief, etc. But being that everything is focused around school makes it a lot easier to stay focused. So I still agree with Cupidity, and I must respectfully disagree with you, Bosque. At least coming from what I was doing, similar to Cupidity, this is easier to manage in one sense (a pretty big sense, actually).




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest