What are the women like at William and Mary?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
rayiner

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby rayiner » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:15 pm

runawaydish wrote:
ravens20 wrote:Having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say not too great.

Being female and having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say the men aren't anything to look at either.

Maybe true, but men are judged much less by their looks than are women.

Not arguing in favor of that, btw. I hate it when I see an ugly dude with an inexplicably hot girl friend. Standards, ladies, standards!

lawman335

Postby lawman335 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:05 am

this thread is absolutely fun , dont u all think so?

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:06 am

No, it makes me sad i'm not going to Berkeley.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 am

Cupidity wrote:No, it makes me sad i'm not going to Berkeley.

You misspelled surprise in your profile. and the ridiculous amount of snow in the eastern part of the USA makes me sad UVA isn't in California...

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:11 am

Doritos wrote:
Cupidity wrote:No, it makes me sad i'm not going to Berkeley.

You misspelled surprise in your profile. and the ridiculous amount of snow in the eastern part of the USA makes me sad UVA isn't in California...

Georgetown doesn't warrant my spelling.

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:12 am

scionb4 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Double Standard!!!! If this were a gay dude asking if there was a gay scene or if this were another "will I get harassed at ND" thread, we would all answer. But suddenly a heterosexual man wants to know if he can get some play, and its the apocolypse?

Thank you for pointing that out!!!!! There are so many double standards in this world, most of them targeted squarely at people who are Caucasian, heterosexual, protestant, American males. Seriously, if you belong to that group, you have to watch EVERYTHING that you say so as to avoid offending people. Just look at all the shit James Cameron is getting for "Avatar!" He's getting criticized by everyone! Devout Catholics, feminists, Native Americans, you name it! Why doesn't everything have to be read into?!

and you want to be a lawyer? reading into things is the job, babe.

Yimbeezy

Postby Yimbeezy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:53 pm

rayiner wrote:
runawaydish wrote:
ravens20 wrote:Having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say not too great.

Being female and having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say the men aren't anything to look at either.

Maybe true, but men are judged much less by their looks than are women.

Not arguing in favor of that, btw. I hate it when I see an ugly dude with an inexplicably hot girl friend. Standards, ladies, standards!

Some girls may genuinely find a good partner in a dude that looks worse than them. Unfortunately, I think a lot of 'look mismatches' stem from an inheritance many women receive from the legacy of misogynist exploitation -- aka they actively seek to prostitute themselves via (perceived) exclusive relationships, male looks be damned, so long as he's got (perceived) funds to trick with.

iSpool

Postby iSpool » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 pm

:o

Return to “Law School FAQ”