What are the women like at William and Mary?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby rayiner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 pm

jks289 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Double Standard!!!! If this were a gay dude asking if there was a gay scene or if this were another "will I get harassed at ND" thread, we would all answer. But suddenly a heterosexual man wants to know if he can get some play, and its the apocolypse?


You don't see the difference between a gay person asking if they will face discrimination, and the OP saying "Am I gonna get to bang a chick in Civ Pro?" It isn't the apocalypse but OP (and similar posters) should really know that law school isn't college and bringing these attitudes to your female classmates isn't going to get you far.


As a bisexual, NO, I DONT


I don't see the relevance of you being bisexual. I would think it was just as offputting to hear a gay person say "Are there going to be hot dudes in class" or a girl saying something similar about men. The discrimination stuff is a legitimate concern, and asking if there is a particular community at a school seems equally valid.


He didn't really ask either. He asked: "since I'll be in Williamsburg and my dating pool will be limited to W&M students, will there be any hot ones there?"

That's a legit question for someone in their mid-20's. I can bet you that nearly all my classmates in undergrad wish they had asked themselves that question...

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Since we are on the subject, which school has a lot of average looking women with really low self esteem?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby jks289 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 pm

bceagles182 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Double Standard!!!! If this were a gay dude asking if there was a gay scene or if this were another "will I get harassed at ND" thread, we would all answer. But suddenly a heterosexual man wants to know if he can get some play, and its the apocolypse?


You don't see the difference between a gay person asking if they will face discrimination, and the OP saying "Am I gonna get to bang a chick in Civ Pro?" It isn't the apocalypse but OP (and similar posters) should really know that law school isn't college and bringing these attitudes to your female classmates isn't going to get you far.



I'm sorry but I must have missed the part where he said anything remotely resembling that. The OP asked what the women at W&M are "like"... That could be interpreted in a large variety of ways. Assuming that he is refering to looks, it's still not a ridiculous question as he never implied that he would be basing his decision to attend on the answer to the question. What is so wrong about asking whether there are a lot of attractive females in a certain locale?

Get the stick out of your ass.


Dude, calm down. Take a deep breath. It's going to ok. It's just the internet. Maybe get someone nearby to give you a hug?

You're right, he didn't say looks. He said "like." I assumed based on the responses he was asking the same question that thousands of these posts have asked "Are the girls hot." My comment was directed toward the general trend and tone of these threads.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Cupidity » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Thats no way to talk to a lady

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby rayiner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:Since we are on the subject, which school has a lot of average looking women with really low self esteem?


All of them.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Cupidity » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Schools like UF, UVA and Duke with massive hot undergrads offer easy prey.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby rayiner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Cupidity wrote:Schools like UF, UVA and Duke with massive hot undergrads offer easy prey.


UVA undergrads are not massive. They're svelte. ;)

U Chicago undergrads are massive...

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:58 pm

rayiner wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Schools like UF, UVA and Duke with massive hot undergrads offer easy prey.


UVA undergrads are not massive. They're svelte. ;)

U Chicago undergrads are massive...


If you are truly into law school for the undergrad panty factor, you cannot beat Arizona State.

lawschooliseasy
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby lawschooliseasy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:01 pm

jks289 wrote:Why, why, why are there threads like this? I can assure the OP that any woman who is worth a damn, wouldn't give some guy interested in picking a law school on the most superficial elements a second look. These threads always reek of faint misogyny as well. Your female law school classmates are your intellectual and professional peers, not a piece of ass for your evaluation. Get a freaking clue.


lolololol... the irony of someone commenting on misogyny with a Madmen ´tar!

Bruin2009
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Bruin2009 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 pm

i dont think that men will ever look at women as just intellectual and professional peers... very very very unlikely... which is sad but can def be used to our advantage...[/quote]

Based on your screen name we were college classmates. I don't know what men you spend time around, but I feel bad that you believe that.

Anyway, I didn't want to get all feminist on people, i just wanted to point out the OP is an asshat. I now I am laughing at the "Straight white males have it so hard, DOUBLE STANNNDARD" stuff.[/quote]

our classmates werent bad but in the professional world, the work peers sure come off that way... peers just happen to be lawyers... if you dont think that you're going to be treated differently simply because you're a woman, i have a feeling ur going to face a huge disappointment in the future.

User avatar
Joga Bonito
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:08 pm

jks289 wrote:Why, why, why are there threads like this? I can assure the OP that any woman who is worth a damn, wouldn't give some guy interested in picking a law school on the most superficial elements a second look. These threads always reek of faint misogyny as well. Your female law school classmates are your intellectual and professional peers, not a piece of ass for your evaluation. Get a freaking clue.


There are threads like this because men, most men, think like the OP to varying degrees. I understand how disappointing this can be for some women to realize. While guys may not pick a law school solely on the amount of attractive women at the school, most straight men would take that into consideration. Here's a hypothetical that demonstrates my point:

Said law student, we will call him, Eager Young 0L, is going on campus visits to three schools to which he has been accepted. UVA, Gtown and NYU. Let’s say Eager Young 0L wants to practice on the east coast or the southeast or somewhere in between but he can’t decide, perhaps one then the other. He liked Gtown, NYU was cool too, and basically both were appealing in different ways. Now Eager Young 0L arrives at UVA, again UVA, like the other two, has its distinctives and its own unique appeal as a law school, a university, in terms of location and campus culture. Yet, when he arrives at UVA he notices the stunning physical beauty of many of the undergraduate women. This of course is not to say that the women at Gtown and NYU were not in general, moderately to exceptionally attractive (both inside and out I’m sure, but for now, he can only see the outside so that’s what he will start with), but given the Eager Young 0L’s cultural sensibilities (he’s from Georgia) and his preference for southern bells he finds the women at UVA especially appealing. In addition, understanding that there is more to consider about a law school and its environment, than simply which one will provide him with the highest paying job, or most prestigious clerkship (especially since he’s not even sure if he will want biglaw or a clerkship or what kind he would want, if he did want one, or what kind of law he wants to practice since he’s never taken a law class in his life) he decides to consider such things like, the collegiality or his potential fellow classmates, shared cultural values and of course the opportunity and increased probability that he will find a nice young lady with whom he could have a relationship of far more value than the other fleeting, shallow, possible career opportunities offered at the other law schools without the strong possibility that he will meet a women to his liking.

Eager Young 0L decides to attend UVA over Gtown and NYU, he considered all the pro’s and con’s of attending these schools, of which, the female student body was only one legitimate and important consideration among many.
He views law school success holistically, thus including academic, professional, social and relational success―which includes dating the opposite sex with the possibility of a long lasting relationship, not jus getting a piece of ass.

Now there’s nothing wrong with that right.

So while many women would like to think that there are some nice, sophisticated and mature guys who wouldn’t be so shallow as to exhibit the Eager Young 0L’s shallow decision making. The unfortunate truth is that they will, almost all, if not all, will consider this to some extent and in all kinds of situations where it would have never crossed your mind as a female. The OP is one of the few upstanding young men who will actually be honest about it, and look what happens when he makes an attempt at candor, you jump all over him.

He never said anything about getting a piece of ass(although this may be what he really means); he just said “hey,” I’d like to know where the pretty ladies are.”

I don't think he's a misogynist just for being attracted to women, but perhaps I'm wrong.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby doinmybest » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 am

jks289 wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Double Standard!!!! If this were a gay dude asking if there was a gay scene or if this were another "will I get harassed at ND" thread, we would all answer. But suddenly a heterosexual man wants to know if he can get some play, and its the apocolypse?


You don't see the difference between a gay person asking if they will face discrimination, and the OP saying "Am I gonna get to bang a chick in Civ Pro?" It isn't the apocalypse but OP (and similar posters) should really know that law school isn't college and bringing these attitudes to your female classmates isn't going to get you far.



I'm sorry but I must have missed the part where he said anything remotely resembling that. The OP asked what the women at W&M are "like"... That could be interpreted in a large variety of ways. Assuming that he is refering to looks, it's still not a ridiculous question as he never implied that he would be basing his decision to attend on the answer to the question. What is so wrong about asking whether there are a lot of attractive females in a certain locale?

Get the stick out of your ass.


Dude, calm down. Take a deep breath. It's going to ok. It's just the internet. Maybe get someone nearby to give you a hug?

You're right, he didn't say looks. He said "like." I assumed based on the responses he was asking the same question that thousands of these posts have asked "Are the girls hot." My comment was directed toward the general trend and tone of these threads.



jks289 what are your top choices for law school? PM me if you dont want to post it publicly.

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Doritos » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:52 am

jks289 wrote:
Bruin2009 wrote:
jks289 wrote:Why, why, why are there threads like this? I can assure the OP that any woman who is worth a damn, wouldn't give some guy interested in picking a law school on the most superficial elements a second look. These threads always reek of faint misogyny as well. Your female law school classmates are your intellectual and professional peers, not a piece of ass for your evaluation. Get a freaking clue.



i dont think that men will ever look at women as just intellectual and professional peers... very very very unlikely... which is sad but can def be used to our advantage...


Based on your screen name we were college classmates. I don't know what men you spend time around, but I feel bad that you believe that.

Anyway, I didn't want to get all feminist on people, i just wanted to point out the OP is an asshat. I now I am laughing at the "Straight white males have it so hard, DOUBLE STANNNDARD" stuff.



I would like to direct your attention here...http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-f ... inequality

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby pleasetryagain » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:57 am

.
Last edited by pleasetryagain on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby scionb4 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm

She goes to the College of William and Mary. As my grandpa would say, "She's a fox . . . I'd bone her."

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4854
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Borhas » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:32 pm

^ that girl is beautiful, more pics!

runawaydish
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby runawaydish » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:13 pm

ravens20 wrote:Having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say not too great.



Being female and having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say the men aren't anything to look at either.

User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Zapatero » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:17 pm

runawaydish wrote:
ravens20 wrote:Having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say not too great.



Being female and having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say the men aren't anything to look at either.


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7665
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby worldtraveler » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:36 am

Threads like these make me glad I go to school with lots of gay men.

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby BigA » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:55 am

runawaydish wrote:
ravens20 wrote:Having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say not too great.



Being female and having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say the men aren't anything to look at either.


Hmmn.. that's a good thing to consider. Less competition

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Cupidity » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:56 am

worldtraveler wrote:Threads like these make me glad I go to school with lots of gay men.


Where is that?

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby superflush » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:00 am

Cupidity wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:Threads like these make me glad I go to school with lots of gay men.

Where is that?

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby Cupidity » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:02 am

Gonna have to drop a name here.

User avatar
ravens20
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby ravens20 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:15 am

runawaydish wrote:
ravens20 wrote:Having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say not too great.



Being female and having gone there for undergrad, I can confidently say the men aren't anything to look at either.


Lolol...fair enough. Didn't mean anything by it...just trying to answer the OP's question. But perhaps I exaggerated...like most places there are attractive girls, average girls, and ugly girls. It's not a SEC school by any means but there is certainly enough for a guy to have fun. Hell the current Miss Virginia in the Miss USA competition (and former Miss teen Virginia) goes to William and Mary.

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7665
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: What are the women like at William and Mary?

Postby worldtraveler » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:08 am

Cupidity wrote:Gonna have to drop a name here.


Hint: Think hippies.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: liam13661 and 1 guest