General LOCI question

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Neelio

General LOCI question

Postby Neelio » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:05 am

I intend to write a LOCI to a few schools on my list and had a few questions:

-should I be specific about certain journals and organizations that have drawn me to a programs?

-should I address my assumption of the culture at the particular school, even though it is based on what others have told me?

-should I include reasons not related to the school (the area, quality of life), or is that out of the scope of what a LOCI should address?

Thanks, any help would be great.

GoodToBeTheKing

Re: General LOCI question

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 am

Neelio wrote:I intend to write a LOCI to a few schools on my list and had a few questions:

-should I be specific about certain journals and organizations that have drawn me to a programs?

-should I address my assumption of the culture at the particular school, even though it is based on what others have told me?

-should I include reasons not related to the school (the area, quality of life), or is that out of the scope of what a LOCI should address?

Thanks, any help would be great.

I think you should be specific about why you want to study law at school X, while also continuing to emphasize that you would be a tremendous benefit to the school. As general as that answer sounds it is the best advice. Don't try and say anything that you are unsure about, or that could be controversial, or that is too strong of an opinion of what you think the law may be about. keep in mind, these are very talented people reading your letter

Return to “Law School FAQ”