7 Months Before 1L...what are we doing?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bananas

Re: 7 Months Before 1L...what are we doing?

Postby bananas » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:21 am

I don't get the traveling thing either? What about the expectation at many schools (part. if receiving aid) that you will contribute just about everything in your bank account to law school plus work during the summer? If you're taking out loans for law school, consider how much your travels are really costing, once you factor in interest.

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:27 am

Learn Arabic; work; spend too much time on TLS; eat, drink, and be merry.

ToadGoDead

Postby ToadGoDead » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:12 am

bananas wrote:I don't get the traveling thing either? What about the expectation at many schools (part. if receiving aid) that you will contribute just about everything in your bank account to law school plus work during the summer? If you're taking out loans for law school, consider how much your travels are really costing, once you factor in interest.

life is more than money...

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:17 am

I am

1. Getting heavier outerwear. I've lived in florida all my life, and own 2 light jackets and a hoody, this will not suffice anywhere else on the east coast.

2. Buying and reading through (not studying, or taking practice questions) the E&E's

3. enjoying home cooked meals for the last time until I get married . . . only heaven knows when that'll happen

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:53 am

algren wrote:Hawaii.
PM me if you want to hang out. I don't know any other TLSers out here in Hawaii.

to answer the OP I am planning on continuing my life much as I have since college. I'll work a bit more and try to save $. I plan on reading a lot for pleasure now and doing some E+Es, LEEWS stuff when it gets closer to summer. I'll spend some time at the beach and hiking before I leave Hawaii.

algid1113

Postby algid1113 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:40 am

Since job search has been a complete failure, I'm going to preoccupy myself by counting the cracks in my ceiling and hope that I'm not mentally insane by fall... :shock:

heyguys

Postby heyguys » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:11 am

I probably would have started looking for a job and worked for a year or two before law school.

taw856

Postby taw856 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:39 am

I think I need to add procrastination on financial aid forms to my previous answer. Ugh. ... need to get that stuff done oh, say, NOWish.

Oban

Postby Oban » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:11 pm

bananas wrote:I don't get the traveling thing either? What about the expectation at many schools (part. if receiving aid) that you will contribute just about everything in your bank account to law school plus work during the summer? If you're taking out loans for law school, consider how much your travels are really costing, once you factor in interest.

--ImageRemoved--

I've been saving for the past year or two for an epic travel vacation, you will not have much time to do something great for the next 3 years, or probably 6 if you go into big law. I'm not going to waste my last 3 months off worrying about debt.

Return to “Law School FAQ”