Fears about Law School

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
letsdoit1982
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby letsdoit1982 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:28 am

gymboree wrote:
scionb4 wrote:This is another fear - I tend to get really riled up about things I'm passionate about. I can be a bit of a loose cannon, and get pissed off when someone disagrees with something that means a lot to me. I'm afraid that one day in class we might be talking about a real hot button issue and I'll say something that I regret. Like a lot of people I have a hard time not taking arguments personally. I just don't want to lose friends simply because we disagree.


law school is going to have lots of people (like me) who argue just for the sake of arguing -- pick a side and run with it. then switch for shits and giggles. and at the end of the day go home and not give it another thought. just remember, it really isn't personal.


Just look at TLS. You can't say damn thing on here with someone trying to rope you into an argument.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 am

letsdoit1982 wrote:
gymboree wrote:
scionb4 wrote:This is another fear - I tend to get really riled up about things I'm passionate about. I can be a bit of a loose cannon, and get pissed off when someone disagrees with something that means a lot to me. I'm afraid that one day in class we might be talking about a real hot button issue and I'll say something that I regret. Like a lot of people I have a hard time not taking arguments personally. I just don't want to lose friends simply because we disagree.


law school is going to have lots of people (like me) who argue just for the sake of arguing -- pick a side and run with it. then switch for shits and giggles. and at the end of the day go home and not give it another thought. just remember, it really isn't personal.


Just look at TLS. You can't say damn thing on here with someone trying to rope you into an argument.


What a ridiculous statement. Care to back that up?

User avatar
taw856
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby taw856 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 am

letsdoit1982 wrote:Just look at TLS. You can't say damn thing on here with someone trying to rope you into an argument.


That's not true! :wink:

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby TTH » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:36 am

letsdoit1982 wrote:Just look at TLS. You can't say damn thing on here with someone trying to rope you into an argument.


Prove it or GTFO

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 am

This thread is headed towards a URM debate just to prove a point.

letsdoit1982
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby letsdoit1982 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:39 am

Desert Fox wrote:This thread is headed towards a URM debate just to prove a point.



LOL

User avatar
Bobby Kennedy
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby Bobby Kennedy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 am


savagecheater
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby savagecheater » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:54 am

zxzxczxczxc
Last edited by savagecheater on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby adrib » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:05 am

I'm scared my marriage will suffer. Things are so, so good right now, but neither one of us is good with change, even when it's for the best.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby kazu » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:27 am

Desert Fox wrote:This thread is headed towards a URM debate just to prove a point.

Hahahaha... so true. Whenever people disagree about anything on here it seems like half the time it always ends in a URM debate.

User avatar
taw856
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby taw856 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:36 am

.
Last edited by taw856 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
1WingedAngel
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:44 am

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby 1WingedAngel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:13 am

I fear that I will end up thinking the legal community is full of jerks, and then I won't be able to create strong friendships or good working relationships with them (I can't put up that fake cheerfulness to people I don't like. It will majorly hinder me in life.).

User avatar
goblue1646
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby goblue1646 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 am

I fear that I'm not going to get into any law schools and that I'll have wasted all this money applying. :/

YESLawSchool2013
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby YESLawSchool2013 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:32 am

...
Last edited by YESLawSchool2013 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby PDaddy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:52 am

Not getting any sleep
People ripping pages out of books
Anal retentive profs
Gunners who waste class time (and MY money)
My speaking up too much for a prof's liking
My not speaking up enough
Study group leaches
Being lower than Top-15%
Getting mugged

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby kazu » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:56 am

PDaddy wrote:Getting mugged

??? :shock:

User avatar
vandalvideo
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby vandalvideo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:26 am

PDaddy wrote:Not getting any sleep
People ripping pages out of books
Anal retentive profs
Gunners who waste class time (and MY money)
My speaking up too much for a prof's liking
My not speaking up enough
Study group leaches
Being lower than Top-15%
Getting mugged


You going to baylor?

User avatar
aIvin adams
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby aIvin adams » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 pm

PDaddy wrote:Not getting any sleep
People ripping pages out of books
Anal retentive profs
Gunners who waste class time (and MY money)
My speaking up too much for a prof's liking
My not speaking up enough
Study group leaches
Being lower than Top-15%
Getting mugged


this is pretty much my exhaustive list as well. except i might replace 'study group leaches' with 'not being able to leach off of a good study group.'

jamielynn1981
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:42 am

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby jamielynn1981 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:55 pm

lightbulb1986 wrote:1) that i wont fit in.... :(
2) that i wont stand out... :(


+1

lovethelaw88
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:35 am

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby lovethelaw88 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:02 pm

-That I won't get done all of the work I'll have to do.
-That my relationship will suffer because I'll constantly be studying.
-That I won't do well.
-That I won't find summer internships/jobs after I graduate.
-Having that kind of debt in this economy

etc.

User avatar
aIvin adams
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby aIvin adams » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:22 pm

im also worried that my school's guidance administrators wont help me pursue my career goals (summer/internships) and that i wont be alert/organized enough to do it on my own.

hopefully i can just focus on gunning and the rest will take care of itself..

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:36 pm

i was not able to fully grasp the most difficult logical reasoning questions on the LSAT, and I feel this will hurt me in law school

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby kittenmittons » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Being resented because I'm better than everyone else.

User avatar
Pretzel_Logic
Posts: 7797
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:02 pm

None of the academic-y crap about law school scares me at all. Maybe that's overconfidence, but whatever. Also, all of this is pending schools actually, you know, letting me in.

1) I have no idea where I am going to live
2) DEBT
3) I don't want to get fat (haha...I'll bust my ass just to have workout time in reality)
4) I'm not a go-out-to-bars kinda girl and I'm an introvert...neither of those tend to lead to tremendous success in the male dept.
5) I'll only be 21 when I start, and even though I've been the youngest in my class every year of school, somehow I feel like grad school automatically equals everyone being old. I know this isn't true, and shouldn't even be scary, and I know I can hold my own, but still...irrational fear #5.
6) I am going to have some trouble in the month of March if I can't squish all my work in around March Madness (for real...I've killed myself in February every year of undergrad to do nothing all of March except watch basketball, and it's been awesome).

I know I won't be fearing 1 and 2 especially as soon as I know where I'm headed in August. This will all resolve itself and I know I can kick ass in class.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Fears about Law School

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:04 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Being resented because I'm better than everyone else.


Oh, well, don't worry about that because I'm better than you. Feel free to resent me.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Infiknitty and 1 guest