question-transcript ordering service

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
chipperdean17

question-transcript ordering service

Postby chipperdean17 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:53 pm

this may have been asked on here a number of times and i just didnt see it when i searched, i can't possibly be the only one with this problem. as far as i know, the LSAC requires a signed transcript form from the applicant to accompany the transcripts sent. however, my ug institution sends transcripts through a third party service, transcriptplus i believe, which means ordering the transcripts is exclusively online and with no personal modification/request, involving in no real way the ug school itself. how do i get the signed form to go with the transcript when these third party transcript services are involved?

im_blue

Re: question-transcript ordering service

Postby im_blue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 pm

I've sent transcripts from 3 different schools all without the cover form, and they all posted without delay. It probably takes them an extra minute to search your file by name, school, major, and graduation year, rather than just scanning the bar code.

DukeHopeful

Postby DukeHopeful » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:54 pm

I had to order one from National Student Clearinghouse. All they do is take the request and forward it to the college transcript department. Seems pretty stupid to me, but hey. I just had to fax my LSAC transcript form to the University of Delaware's transcript department, and I wrote in the special notes section of the NSC order to please send with LSAC transcript form. Just call the transcript department of the registrar's office for the UG needed and ask if that will work for them. HTH

chipperdean17

Postby chipperdean17 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:21 pm

good advice, thank you both!

Return to “Law School FAQ”