Law School Legends First Year Program Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
avacado111

Bronze

Law School Legends First Year Program

Post by avacado111 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:38 pm

I was doing some research... and I had to ask is it worth it for 0L prep as a good intro?

http://www.amazon.com/School-Legends-Fi ... 0314169148

avacado111

Bronze

Re: Law School Legends First Year Program

Post by avacado111 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:09 pm

anyone?

orangeswarm

Bronze

Post by orangeswarm » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Pretty much any 0L prep is going to be marginally beneficial at best. I wouldn't waste my money on it. Save your money for solid supplements once you start 1L. In the meantime, read getting to maybe and maybe pick up a LEEWS audio cassette on ebay and you should be way ahead of the pack.

d100law1

New

Post by d100law1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 pm

My TA during 1L recommended using Law School Legends. I ended up putting the CDs onto my I-Pod and I'd listen to them while driving to school. I found them incredibly helpful. Each CD covers a first year course (e.g. property, crim. law, torts . . . ), and includes an outline covering the topics on the CD. I found that I knew most of the basic topics we covered during 1L before ever walking into class, especially with the property law CD. The funny thing is that I reviewed my old CDs during bar prep, and they pretty much were identical to the outlines BarBri gave me. I checked it out, and the professors who wrote the CDs also worked for BarBri. In retrospect, I probably should've gone with a cheaper bar prep provider and supplemented my studying with the CDs.

I also found "Getting to Maybe" helpful. It's designed to help with test taking methods rather than learning substantive law.

I hope that helps! Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”