Bizarre admissions email - What does this mean?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
rookhawk

Bizarre admissions email - What does this mean?

Postby rookhawk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Dear Rookhawk,

I have gone ahead and completed your application even though you are retaking the LSAT in February. If you are admitted, please just remind us that your new score has come through in case it's much higher and you might be eligible for scholarship/more scholarship money.

Thanks!

Admissions

I thought once you're denied you can't reapply in a given cycle? (I hadn't sent in all my app details yet) And if I said "i'm taking the LSAT again" why would they review my application now? Does it sound like I've been admitted? That was my guess. At any rate, I found it to be a very odd admissions email.

boardercms

Re: Bizarre admissions email - What does this mean?

Postby boardercms » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:52 pm

rookhawk wrote:From: XYZ law school admissions

Dear Rookhawk,

I have gone ahead and completed your application even though you are retaking the LSAT in February. If you are admitted, please just remind us that your new score has come through in case it's much higher and you might be eligible for scholarship/more scholarship money.

Thanks!

Admissions

I thought once you're denied you can't reapply in a given cycle? (I hadn't sent in all my app details yet) And if I said "i'm taking the LSAT again" why would they review my application now? Does it sound like I've been admitted? That was my guess. At any rate, I found it to be a very odd admissions email.

Admissions people are weird.

ogman05

Postby ogman05 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:52 pm

rookhawk wrote:From: XYZ law school admissions

Dear Rookhawk,

Thanks!

Admissions

Ambiguous but sounds admittedish. Id give admissions a call and ask. Maybe check status checker

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:55 pm

It sounds like they are probably willing to accept you with your current score. If the admissions committee decides to admit you with your current score, they want you to update them once your new score does come in, since that will affect what type of scholarships they might be able to offer you. If they decide not to admit you with your current score, they probably will wait until your feb. score comes in to see whether or not to offer you admission.

It is a little odd, but sounds like you are in a good position. Good luck!

Return to “Law School FAQ”