Do people enjoy working in BigLaw? What is biglaw like?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
MichelFoucault

Do people enjoy working in BigLaw? What is biglaw like?

Postby MichelFoucault » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:33 am

please no vampires,

Whats biglaw like, would I like BIGLAW?

What would Biglaw pay me to do?

SandyC877

Re: Do people enjoy working in BigLaw? What is biglaw like?

Postby SandyC877 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:07 am

To answer your question, are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know. "I'm proud to be gay. ... I love Jeff more than myself," Paul Katami, 37, of Burbank testified in a packed San Francisco courtroom. "Being gay doesn't make me any less of an American." But with voters' November 2008 passage of Proposition 8, which amended the state Constitution to define marriage as the union of a man and a woman, "being gay means I'm unequal," Katami said.
"I've been in love with a woman for 10 years, and I don't have a word for it," said Kristin Perry, 45, who lives in Berkeley with her partner, Sandy Stier, 47, and their four children. "I do everything I can to be a contributing and valuable member of the state, and the state isn't letting us be happy."
The two women - along with Katami and his partner of nearly nine years, 36-year-old Jeff Zarrillo - are suing to overturn Prop. 8, saying it violates the constitutional guarantee of equal protection by discriminating based on sexual orientation and gender.
Their testimony took up most of the opening day of a nonjury trial before Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker. The trial is the first in any federal court over same-sex marriage, and is the first step in a case that could reach the U.S. Supreme Court.
Last edited by SandyC877 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:14 am

wtf, mate?

sayruss11

Postby sayruss11 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:30 am

I´m confused.

Gunz353

Postby Gunz353 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:31 am

Hahahahahaha...I had to read that post 3 times...and I don't know whats going on? Its like he combined 2 different posts from 2 different threads and posted it all in a third WRONG thread.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:12 am

hahaha wtffff

i'm sorry op, but after sandy's reply, you are NEVER getting your question answered.

calkel

Postby calkel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:23 am

--ImageRemoved--

sckon

Postby sckon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:03 am

--ImageRemoved--

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:27 am

lol

My favorite part is Sandy edited it after the original post. Like, "whoops, screwed that up...there, that's better."

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Imagine that you're in a shark tank filled with toothless but tenacious baby sharks. There are bits of chum tied to you.You must stay in the tank 16 hours a day and basically make minimum wage considering how many hours you work. Well, biglaw is nothing like that. You're paid well to review documents, provide legal advice, and advocate on the behalf of your client.

glacierfrost

Postby glacierfrost » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Wtf Sandy I was really looking forward to a response to this thread

Billy Blanks

Postby Billy Blanks » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:02 pm

I'm going to bump. Just because I want this stay on the front page.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Esc

Postby Esc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Kohinoor wrote:Imagine that you're in a shark tank filled with toothless but tenacious baby sharks. There are bits of chum tied to you.You must stay in the tank 16 hours a day and basically make minimum wage considering how many hours you work. Well, biglaw is nothing like that. You're paid well to review documents, provide legal advice, and advocate on the behalf of your client.

Because in Biglaw, the baby sharks have teeth

Return to “Law School FAQ”