Ignore

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Ignore

Postby risktaker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm

d
Last edited by risktaker on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:19 am

Dude.. your name is risktaker... go ahead and apply..

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Erm, you're not going to get in to any of the schools on that list worth going to with a 156 LSAT. Retake.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby newyorker88 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:30 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:Erm, you're not going to get in to any of the schools on that list worth going to with a 156 LSAT. Retake.


What are you talking about? Hofstra's 25th-75th is 152-158. Penn State 154-159.

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:34 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:Erm, you're not going to get in to any of the schools on that list worth going to with a 156 LSAT. Retake.


What are you talking about? Hofstra's 25th-75th is 152-158. Penn State 154-159.


Given the current legal market, I would argue that neither of those schools are worth going to for anything approaching sticker.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby newyorker88 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:16 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:Erm, you're not going to get in to any of the schools on that list worth going to with a 156 LSAT. Retake.


What are you talking about? Hofstra's 25th-75th is 152-158. Penn State 154-159.


Given the current legal market, I would argue that neither of those schools are worth going to for anything approaching sticker.


Employment rate for Hofstra is 94%. Private sector starting salary for 25th- 75th percentile is $80,000 to $160,000. Definitely worth going to even if you have to pay sticker, you could pay back your loans in a reasonable amount of time.

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:18 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:Erm, you're not going to get in to any of the schools on that list worth going to with a 156 LSAT. Retake.


What are you talking about? Hofstra's 25th-75th is 152-158. Penn State 154-159.


Given the current legal market, I would argue that neither of those schools are worth going to for anything approaching sticker.


Employment rate for Hofstra is 94%. Private sector starting salary for 25th- 75th percentile is $80,000 to $160,000. Definitely worth going to even if you have to pay sticker, you could pay back your loans in a reasonable amount of time.


Ugh. There are literally thousands of posts on this website and others that explain how horribly, horribly wrong that statement is. I'm not going to reitterate it for you.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby newyorker88 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:

Ugh. There are literally thousands of posts on this website and others that explain how horribly, horribly wrong that statement is. I'm not going to reitterate it for you.


If you can't counter a statement what's the point of replying and saying that? Just don't respond. Makes a lot more sense then making yourself look foolish.

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 pm

:lol: Ok, man. Yeah, I'm the one who looks foolish :lol:

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby newyorker88 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote::lol: Ok, man. Yeah, I'm the one who looks foolish :lol:


you sure do. but keep carrying on if you insist. entertain your fellow board members lol

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7254
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby beach_terror » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:01 am

That statement is horribly, horribly wrong. Do a little research, I'm not in the mood to regurgitate facts found all over this website.

Median private sector starting salary: $160,000 (Class of 2007, 23% reporting)

lol

TwanBeezy
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:54 am

Re: Feb LSAT or apply w/ 156 and 3.23 GPA?

Postby TwanBeezy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Here's an idea. See what schools on the list you get into with a 156, make your decision as to what is best suitable for your needs, and then bust your ass once you're there in order to graduate in the top 5% of your class. You will be able to get a job then regardless as to where you go.

Granted, it requires inordinate amounts of time and effort and whether it happens is completely up to you, but it is a great possibility if you want it.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nathjf and 1 guest