What now?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
mchrop10

What now?

Postby mchrop10 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 pm

So I recently received a traffic violation (turning on a red light when there was a no turn on red sign). Should I just write an addendum to all schools that I've already applied to now? What about ones I've been accepted to already? More importantly, are schools that have yet to make a decision going to heavily weigh this??? :shock:

Neelio

Re: What now?

Postby Neelio » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:16 pm

mchrop10 wrote:So I recently received a traffic violation (turning on a red light when there was a no turn on red sign). Should I just write an addendum to all schools that I've already applied to now? What about ones I've been accepted to already? More importantly, are schools that have yet to make a decision going to heavily weigh this??? :shock:

You're fine... breathe.

orangeswarm

Postby orangeswarm » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 pm

mchrop10 wrote:So I recently received a traffic violation (turning on a red light when there was a no turn on red sign). Should I just write an addendum to all schools that I've already applied to now? What about ones I've been accepted to already? More importantly, are schools that have yet to make a decision going to heavily weigh this??? :shock:

No need to do anything.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:33 pm

You might as well knock 5 points off your LSAT.

Philo38

Postby Philo38 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

You might as well knock 5 points off your LSAT.

Seriously. If you can't pay attention to a no turn on red sign, what are your chances at doing well in law school? None.

let/them/eat/cake

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:50 pm

sweet tapdancing christ.

DiggyHopeful

Postby DiggyHopeful » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm pretty sure most schools don't care about traffic violations and they don't need to be reported but you might want to check just in case.

mchrop10

Postby mchrop10 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Ok, maybe a slight overreaction, lol. In any case, I only ask because Wisconsin specifically asks about traffic violations and they are one of my top choices.

FromRussiaWithLove

Postby FromRussiaWithLove » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:46 pm

It definitely will not affect your admission decisions. HOWEVER, check all of the applications you have sent out and find the ones that ask specifically for moving violations. I would send a short email to those schools only. Better safe than sorry. I know it is ridiculous, but if the school asks for that kind of information in the first place, you should probably send them a note.

Return to “Law School FAQ”