Housing at Uchicago Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
freeflowfox

New

Housing at Uchicago

Post by freeflowfox » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:14 am

Does anyone here live in new grad house and not regents? Is it good? Does the rent include food? How long is the rent for (3 quarters, four quarters?)?

I don't want to spend too much money on living if i go to Chicago, anyone got any tips?

Thanks!!

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Re: Housing at Uchicago

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:04 am

freeflowfox wrote:Does anyone here live in new grad house and not regents? Is it good? Does the rent include food? How long is the rent for (3 quarters, four quarters?)?

I don't want to spend too much money on living if i go to Chicago, anyone got any tips?

Thanks!!
I don't live in New Grad, but I did look in to it.

Significantly, you have to move out for the summer. I know that you have to move out of most of the undergrad forms for the Winter break, too (though you can "temporarily relocate" to one of two specified dorms,) but I don't know if that applies to New Grad.

No, the rent doesn't include food. You'd probably end up getting a meal plan, because the New Grad building has only communal kitchens. On the plus side, the cafeteria that is close to New Grad has decent food. On the negative side, it's a cafeteria; it would be rather difficult to maintain a healthy diet--and, the meal plans are quite expensive.

There are much better options, in my opinion. Look in to the University Housing options--essentially, apartment buildings that are owned by the university.

freeflowfox

New

Post by freeflowfox » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 am

Thanks, does anyone else have any information regarding where to live? Any admitted students looking to share 2-bed apartments around the area? Regents?

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:55 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”