Study Abroad in Law School?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
superflush

Re: Study Abroad in Law School?

Postby superflush » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 am

darknightbegins wrote:When I was working on my master's degree I did a summer in London. Hell of a time. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Is it something I would do in Law School? Probably not unless I could study at Oxford or Cambridge for the summer. Being able to drop those names as places you studied during a summer would seem to have alot of value. Other than that probably a useless(fun) endevour unless you are devoted to internation law or want to to work in a specific country after you graduate in some capacity.

You could do that.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:49 am

i believe most schools have these programs, but few use them because it can be detrimental to the job search

Cleareyes

Postby Cleareyes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:53 am

A ton of people at my school are looking at international jobs for their 1L summer. I think that this is a decent compromise. It might not be quite as fun as studying abroad but for many jobs you will have your evenings and weekends free to experience the country/travel. I don't know of anyone who is planning to actually take a semester to study abroad.

Return to “Law School FAQ”