University of Illinois Class of 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
User avatar
Watababe

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Watababe » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Pinkpanda24 wrote:
mts1124 wrote:Anybody else anxiously awaiting class schedules to come out? Based on the class of 2019 TLS thread it looks like they found out right around this time last year. Really excited to finally get on campus in a few weeks!

Yes!! I'm really excited :) I just want to know what section I'm in so I can buy my books and stuff! Also, I'm getting to my new apartment on the 16th and can't wait.


I've been having so many dreams about like forgetting to go to class week 2 that I'm dying to have my schedule so that I'll at least know when classes are so maybe I won't be so freaked out about that lol

User avatar
carasrook

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby carasrook » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:36 pm

done! with! work! let's do this.

(c/o 2019 found out on july 26th so i'm hoping for next week on schedules!)

Pinkpanda24

Bronze
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Pinkpanda24 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:44 pm

carasrook wrote:done! with! work! let's do this.

(c/o 2019 found out on july 26th so i'm hoping for next week on schedules!)

Me too! I'm going to Europe on Friday, so hopefully we'll get them before that. Congrats on being done with work, that's exciting!

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:06 pm

You guys know when the loan get disbursed? The email says beginning of the Fall semester but any idea if we get it beforehand like a week or two before the first day of class? I need the money to buy the textbooks and it seems silly that they wont disburse the money until after the term starts so that cannot be right.

LegalPipeDream

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby LegalPipeDream » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Long-time lurker, future classmate. Thought I'd drop in and say hello! Looking forward to the next 3 years with y'all!

User avatar
Watababe

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Watababe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:55 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:You guys know when the loan get disbursed? The email says beginning of the Fall semester but any idea if we get it beforehand like a week or two before the first day of class? I need the money to buy the textbooks and it seems silly that they wont disburse the money until after the term starts so that cannot be right.


I don't know about Illinois specifically, but I know that is how many schools work...I think many assume students have the ability to float the cost of books (thankfully I can do this but I know many students cannot and unlike undergrad it seems to be more important to have the books early on)

The main tip I've seen so far is to scan copies of the pages of the books you need from a library or friend copy. IDK much about our library (lol at missing admitted students day and feeling so clueless about some things oh well) but I assume we have access to scanners and if not cell phone pictures can probably get the job done for the first weeks of class while waiting for books to arrive.

With a student email address you can get a free trial of amazon prime so you can get 2 day shipping for some books!

law444

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby law444 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:05 am

Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:You guys know when the loan get disbursed? The email says beginning of the Fall semester but any idea if we get it beforehand like a week or two before the first day of class? I need the money to buy the textbooks and it seems silly that they wont disburse the money until after the term starts so that cannot be right.


I don't know about Illinois specifically, but I know that is how many schools work...I think many assume students have the ability to float the cost of books (thankfully I can do this but I know many students cannot and unlike undergrad it seems to be more important to have the books early on)

The main tip I've seen so far is to scan copies of the pages of the books you need from a library or friend copy. IDK much about our library (lol at missing admitted students day and feeling so clueless about some things oh well) but I assume we have access to scanners and if not cell phone pictures can probably get the job done for the first weeks of class while waiting for books to arrive.

With a student email address you can get a free trial of amazon prime so you can get 2 day shipping for some books!



Spotify student discount+amazon prime ive missed you dearly.

JohnMaynardKeynes

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby JohnMaynardKeynes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Itching to find out sections, perhaps later this week?

LegalPipeDream

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby LegalPipeDream » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:14 pm

JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:Itching to find out sections, perhaps later this week?


If the release follows last year, then I wouldn't expect sections until next Tuesday. Although it appears this would be the week, classes started 6 days earlier last year, which is why I would expect the sections to be released a week later than last year.
From what I saw, last year the sections were released 22 days prior to the Wednesday of Orientation, and that date for us would be Tuesday August 1st.

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:37 am

Section C/Small Section 5!

User avatar
Watababe

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Watababe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:39 am

CPAlawHopefu wrote:Section C/Small Section 5!


SECTION AND SMALL SECTION BUDDIES FOR LIFE

User avatar
carasrook

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby carasrook » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:40 am

i'm section c/small section 6!

do any current students want to give me the lowdown on the following profs?
- brubaker
- ross
- kesan
- moritz
- davidson

User avatar
Watababe

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Watababe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:43 am

carasrook wrote:i'm section c/small section 6!

do any current students want to give me the lowdown on the following profs?
- brubaker
- ross
- kesan
- moritz
- davidson


Ayyye Section C mates (wait which classes do big sections have together I have finished the email whoops)

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:45 am

Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:Section C/Small Section 5!


SECTION AND SMALL SECTION BUDDIES FOR LIFE


NICE!



Section C = TLS full scholly group.

I foresee bloodshed in this section :lol:

User avatar
Watababe

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Watababe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:53 am

Any of you able to access the intranet yet? The email implies we should be able to but I cannot

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:54 am

Watababe wrote:Any of you able to access the intranet yet? The email implies we should be able to but I cannot


I was trying right now but no idea what my "Campus Active Directory Password" is.

LegalPipeDream

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby LegalPipeDream » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:55 am

Welp, I am glad I was wrong...

Section C, Small Section 5 as well.

User avatar
Watababe

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Watababe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:08 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Watababe wrote:Any of you able to access the intranet yet? The email implies we should be able to but I cannot


I was trying right now but no idea what my "Campus Active Directory Password" is.


it's the password you set for like your email and everything else (I think fin aid too possibly can't remember right now)

Also like everyone on the groupme is also having intranet problems so I'm guessing they just haven't gotten to that part yet

mts1124

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby mts1124 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:09 pm

I got section C, small section 5 as well. It's pretty crazy we all got the same schedule!

Pinkpanda24

Bronze
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Pinkpanda24 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Aw man, I'm the only one here not in C! I'm in B3 :P

that1one1guy

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:39 am

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby that1one1guy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Section B, small 4 checking in here!

User avatar
Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 am

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Chardee_MacDennis » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:12 pm

carasrook wrote:i'm section c/small section 6!

do any current students want to give me the lowdown on the following profs?
- brubaker
- ross
- kesan
- moritz
- davidson


Brubaker is awesome. Ross kinda meh (didn't have her, but friends did). Didn't have the other three, but think they're fine.

law444

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby law444 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Guess i am the only a :(

Redsfan320

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby Redsfan320 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:00 pm

law444 wrote:Guess i am the only a :(


Not the only one. A1 checking in. Torts instead of K's seems nice, but man, the day/time scheduling is rough. Class going from 8:30-6:50 on Mondays? Ehhh.

320

law444

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Postby law444 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Redsfan320 wrote:
law444 wrote:Guess i am the only a :(


Not the only one. A1 checking in. Torts instead of K's seems nice, but man, the day/time scheduling is rough. Class going from 8:30-6:50 on Mondays? Ehhh.

320


man thats gonna be rough by the end of the semester... my tues are my latest day at 8:30-4. I was on the quarter system before, so looking forward to the change!



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests