University of Illinois Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
Mhusain

New

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Post by Mhusain » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm

:D
Last edited by Mhusain on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kinglew

New

Post by kinglew » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:58 pm

Is it worth buying the civ pro and property case brooks brand new JUST so I can get the online e-access and resources? trying to decide ie extra $100-$150 for the new versions is worth the cost

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:46 am

kinglew wrote:Is it worth buying the civ pro and property case brooks brand new JUST so I can get the online e-access and resources? trying to decide ie extra $100-$150 for the new versions is worth the cost
It's not

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 am

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
kinglew wrote:Is it worth buying the civ pro and property case brooks brand new JUST so I can get the online e-access and resources? trying to decide ie extra $100-$150 for the new versions is worth the cost
It's not
Thank you, you just saved me a lot of $$. Was worried lol

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:29 pm

So the consensus is do not rent but buy used textbooks?

What supplements are you guys getting? I plan to get E&E.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:58 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:So the consensus is do not rent but buy used textbooks?

What supplements are you guys getting? I plan to get E&E.
I'm holding off on supplements until I know if I actually need them/what I hope to get out of them.

Also got my keys to my new place today so shit's getting real folks

Redsfan320

New

Post by Redsfan320 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Just FYI, the Intranet course pages for Contracts B, Property A, & Property C have been populated, for those who want to get a jump start on that first-day reading, lol (or just check out syllabi).

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:19 pm

B 3

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:21 pm

LegalPipeDream wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:are you guys renting or buying your books?
I intend on buying my books.
Renting seems like a good option, but apparently, if my approach to my undergrad books is any indication, I want to see how many books I can collect with the intent of reading again only to have them sit in a jumbled mess in the corner of my room never to be touched again.
This is hilarious and so true. Are you all buying your books before you get there?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:02 pm

shotgunheist wrote:
LegalPipeDream wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:are you guys renting or buying your books?
I intend on buying my books.
Renting seems like a good option, but apparently, if my approach to my undergrad books is any indication, I want to see how many books I can collect with the intent of reading again only to have them sit in a jumbled mess in the corner of my room never to be touched again.
This is hilarious and so true. Are you all buying your books before you get there?
Planning on it except for possibly the one book that's recommended but not required. I know for several classes we'll have readings to do before day 1. I've ordered all but two (the previous mentioned one and the bluebook)

Redsfan320

New

Post by Redsfan320 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:44 am

Anyone else having trouble getting a parking permit online? It wouldn't recognize my login, so I created a guest account. Then when I went to get a permit, I get something like "You have been authorized to purchase permits", but on the next screen I get "There are not yet permits available for you to purchase. Please try again later". Just wondering if this is a problem on my end, or if they really have just not made the permits available yet.

On a separate note, is anyone else getting the football student ticket package?

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:48 am

Redsfan320 wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting a parking permit online? It wouldn't recognize my login, so I created a guest account. Then when I went to get a permit, I get something like "You have been authorized to purchase permits", but on the next screen I get "There are not yet permits available for you to purchase. Please try again later". Just wondering if this is a problem on my end, or if they really have just not made the permits available yet.

You have to call the parking office so you can buy one with your affiliated login. They just need your name and UIN. :)

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:49 am

shotgunheist wrote:B 3
Me too!
I ordered all of my books...better safe than sorry lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Redsfan320

New

Post by Redsfan320 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:52 am

Pinkpanda24 wrote:
Redsfan320 wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting a parking permit online? It wouldn't recognize my login, so I created a guest account. Then when I went to get a permit, I get something like "You have been authorized to purchase permits", but on the next screen I get "There are not yet permits available for you to purchase. Please try again later". Just wondering if this is a problem on my end, or if they really have just not made the permits available yet.

You have to call the parking office so you can buy one with your affiliated login. They just need your name and UIN. :)
Alright, thanks a lot. Looks like I may have to do the same for football tix.

carasrook

Bronze

Post by carasrook » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:00 pm

y'all...... i have to read two whole BOOKS for civ pro before school starts :shock:

kinglew

New

Post by kinglew » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:56 pm

carasrook wrote:y'all...... i have to read two whole BOOKS for civ pro before school starts :shock:
Kesan? was a total curveball :cry:

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:29 pm

carasrook wrote:y'all...... i have to read two whole BOOKS for civ pro before school starts :shock:
I saw that in the groupme and ran to check my email to see if I've had a prof do something like that yet...I'm not even sure how I'm going to push myself to do the readings assigned for day 1 of class let alone if I have to read books beforehand...I'm still in full relaxation mode

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:49 am

Watababe wrote:
I saw that in the groupme and ran to check my email to see if I've had a prof do something like that yet...I'm not even sure how I'm going to push myself to do the readings assigned for day 1 of class let alone if I have to read books beforehand...I'm still in full relaxation mode
Well shit, now I need to check too. I'm still abroad and do not want to read law books atm
Edit: I have readings, although not 2 books, and need to watch videos and sign up for databases.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:29 am

Pinkpanda24 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
Well shit, now I need to check too. I'm still abroad and do not want to read law books atm
Edit: I have readings, although not 2 books, and need to watch videos and sign up for databases.
I can't decide if I should feel lucky or not that for C5 we still just have property readings so far

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 am

Watababe wrote:
Pinkpanda24 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
I can't decide if I should feel lucky or not that for C5 we still just have property readings so far
I am done with my job long time ago and got the vacation done a month ago. I moved out of my apartment and am at my parent's counting days to make the big move to my new apt (cannot move in until the 15th). There is literally nothing planned for me and I am bored from doing nothing so the Property reading materials have helped me keep busy.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 am

Do any of you guys know how to sign up for the databases? One of my syllabi said we have Bloomberg training the first day of orientation and to sign up for all of the databases before then.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:01 pm

yo.... fuck

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 am

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Watababe wrote:
Pinkpanda24 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
I am done with my job long time ago and got the vacation done a month ago. I moved out of my apartment and am at my parent's counting days to make the big move to my new apt (cannot move in until the 15th). There is literally nothing planned for me and I am bored from doing nothing so the Property reading materials have helped me keep busy.
Haha I've been enjoying the boredom! My job ended about a month ago and since then I've been splitting time between staying in Chicago where I was living and my parents in central Illinois. Yesterday movers got me out of that place and all my stuff into my new one but I'm at my parents again for a bit

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:37 am

Pinkpanda24 wrote:Do any of you guys know how to sign up for the databases? One of my syllabi said we have Bloomberg training the first day of orientation and to sign up for all of the databases before then.
I feel like if that's something we'll need for orientation we'll get more info soon?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Possible dumb question but having now purchased a parking permit is there like a physical permit I have to pick up or how does this work?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”