Yale c/o 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

So what's it gonna be?

Accept
20
69%
Defer
2
7%
Reject
7
24%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
potterotter
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby potterotter » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:41 pm

SNUGGIES ARE COMING

Also, shoutout to Yale for paying $18+ to ship it so fast<3

Brutus_the_Younger
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:49 pm

...

Postby Brutus_the_Younger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:54 am

...
Last edited by Brutus_the_Younger on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nimbus cloud
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby nimbus cloud » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Brutus_the_Younger wrote:Does the conventional wisdom that Yale cannot be influenced by financial awards at other schools hold true in everyone's experiences? Trying to decide whether it's still worth pursuing/holding on to awards at other schools. No sense in filling someone else's seat if it isn't going to influence my outcome one way or the other.


Will not be influenced by merit scholarships, might be influenced by need-based awards at H or S. Thus, I would withdraw from everywhere but H and S, and apply for need-based at those two.

natureb
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby natureb » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Has anyone accepted an admission offer, and did they get a confirmation of some sort from the admission office? Sent in the forms by email a few days ago and haven't heard anything, wondering if I should call the office and check to make sure everything went through—or if that's being neurotic...

shoparoundthecorner
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:31 pm

potterotter wrote:SNUGGIES ARE COMING

Also, shoutout to Yale for paying $18+ to ship it so fast<3



Has everyone gotten a snuggie? Still waiting on mine...

xnsch
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby xnsch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:49 pm

shoparoundthecorner wrote:
potterotter wrote:SNUGGIES ARE COMING

Also, shoutout to Yale for paying $18+ to ship it so fast<3



Has everyone gotten a snuggie? Still waiting on mine...


Still waiting as well...

xnsch
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby xnsch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:50 pm

natureb wrote:Has anyone accepted an admission offer, and did they get a confirmation of some sort from the admission office? Sent in the forms by email a few days ago and haven't heard anything, wondering if I should call the office and check to make sure everything went through—or if that's being neurotic...


I didn't know we were able to email the forms. Is this common or a preferred method of sending them in? Honestly I was feeling weird that I'd eventually have to mail them. I don't think I'd trust just snail mail

User avatar
TAD
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby TAD » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:55 pm

xnsch wrote:
shoparoundthecorner wrote:
potterotter wrote:SNUGGIES ARE COMING

Also, shoutout to Yale for paying $18+ to ship it so fast<3



Has everyone gotten a snuggie? Still waiting on mine...


Still waiting as well...


I got mine and I'm in Canada. Maybe it's alphabetical or something.

xnsch
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby xnsch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:10 pm

TAD wrote:
xnsch wrote:
shoparoundthecorner wrote:
potterotter wrote:SNUGGIES ARE COMING

Also, shoutout to Yale for paying $18+ to ship it so fast<3



Has everyone gotten a snuggie? Still waiting on mine...


Still waiting as well...


I got mine and I'm in Canada. Maybe it's alphabetical or something.


Darn I thought it was just because I was in California but now I'm starting to feel offended haha

shoparoundthecorner
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:27 pm

xnsch wrote:
shoparoundthecorner wrote:
potterotter wrote:SNUGGIES ARE COMING

Also, shoutout to Yale for paying $18+ to ship it so fast<3



Has everyone gotten a snuggie? Still waiting on mine...


Still waiting as well...


Ok good to know I'm not the only one!

prepies04
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:56 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby prepies04 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:23 am

Got in today and frantically planning for admit weekend!!

Is anyone else flying in from the west coast? What is the best way to get to yale campus??

xnsch
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby xnsch » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:35 am

prepies04 wrote:Got in today and frantically planning for admit weekend!!

Is anyone else flying in from the west coast? What is the best way to get to yale campus??


I'm flying out of LAX and into New Haven's Tweed airport but I also bought tickets months ago when they weren't ridiculously priced. Flying into Boston or New York would likely be way cheaper and each of those places are super easy to take an Amtrak into New Haven from. When I took the train from Boston to New Haven a couple weeks ago I only had to pay about $80 and it was two hours. I think from New York it's only an hour

Edit: Also, congrats!

prepies04
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:56 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby prepies04 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:52 am

xnsch wrote:
prepies04 wrote:Got in today and frantically planning for admit weekend!!

Is anyone else flying in from the west coast? What is the best way to get to yale campus??


I'm flying out of LAX and into New Haven's Tweed airport but I also bought tickets months ago when they weren't ridiculously priced. Flying into Boston or New York would likely be way cheaper and each of those places are super easy to take an Amtrak into New Haven from. When I took the train from Boston to New Haven a couple weeks ago I only had to pay about $80 and it was two hours. I think from New York it's only an hour

Edit: Also, congrats!


Ok so taking amtrak from ny sounds like most reasonable option? And thank u

User avatar
Baby Gaga
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby Baby Gaga » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:42 am

prepies04 wrote:Got in today and frantically planning for admit weekend!!

Is anyone else flying in from the west coast? What is the best way to get to yale campus??


check around for prices for new haven airport, bradley airport (in hartford but there's a shuttle between bradley and new haven called ctlimo), and NYC. If you go the NY route get to grand central station and take a metro north train to new haven

judgeandjury
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby judgeandjury » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Anyway else still waiting? I applied really late and my hopes are dwindling...how true do you think it is that it doesn't matter how late you apply? Oh to be a fly on the admissions wall...

User avatar
Baby Gaga
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby Baby Gaga » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:36 pm

judgeandjury wrote:Anyway else still waiting? I applied really late and my hopes are dwindling...how true do you think it is that it doesn't matter how late you apply? Oh to be a fly on the admissions wall...


Yale is probably the only one where it actually doesn't matter how late you apply since it's all about how the 3 random faculty members feel about you. Keep hope alive!

User avatar
potterotter
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby potterotter » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:59 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoparoundthecorner
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:33 pm

potterotter wrote:Has anyone been matched with a buddy to stay with during ASW?



I got a confirmation in late March that they had received my request, but I haven't gotten any information yet about my host.

dj7
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby dj7 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:22 am

Anyone know what they're doing about finding a roommate? Not well-versed in this stuff.

letmeinplease47
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby letmeinplease47 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:24 am

.
Last edited by letmeinplease47 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Baby Gaga
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby Baby Gaga » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

letmeinplease47 wrote:Anyone not gotten their snuggie yet? Still patiently waiting in CA!


I haven't yet but I'm international so I'm expecting a wait. (they fedexed the binder tho so hopefully they do that with the snuggie too)

User avatar
Baby Gaga
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby Baby Gaga » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:28 am

dj7 wrote:Anyone know what they're doing about finding a roommate? Not well-versed in this stuff.


I think last year someone created a google doc on the facebook page for people interested in finding roomies. My plan is to go to ASW, keep the names of potentials in the back of my mind and then go from there.

dj7
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby dj7 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:32 am

Baby Gaga wrote:
dj7 wrote:Anyone know what they're doing about finding a roommate? Not well-versed in this stuff.


I think last year someone created a google doc on the facebook page for people interested in finding roomies. My plan is to go to ASW, keep the names of potentials in the back of my mind and then go from there.


Cool, thanks.

Monday
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby Monday » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:25 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Baby Gaga
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2020

Postby Baby Gaga » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Monday wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:
dj7 wrote:Anyone know what they're doing about finding a roommate? Not well-versed in this stuff.


I think last year someone created a google doc on the facebook page for people interested in finding roomies. My plan is to go to ASW, keep the names of potentials in the back of my mind and then go from there.

So if you ask for our names twice, it will mean we get a "Not Weirdo" stamp of approval?


:lol: but actually




Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests