USC Gould 2020 Club

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 pm

BoyJord wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Low-key I should be to lol. :shock:


I would campaign for that. Who do we talk to at Law Day to address this?

Dean Kirschner I would believe lol.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Mr_Chukes » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Had this on my car the last two weeks lol.
Image

User avatar
weaselbee
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby weaselbee » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi all,

Graduating 3L/Double Trojan here. Congrats to all that got in! I wanted to shed some quick light on housing:
Terrace is convenient--don't have to worry about furniture or much else. The walk to the actual law school building is about 20 minutes, so bikes are useful. Buy a couple good locks because bikes get stolen regularly.

Popular places to live in Downtown are 1111 Wilshire, Glo Apartments, Pegasus, and the Orsini/Piero/Medici. The commute is incredibly easy by car/bus/metro. I live at Glo and am looking for someone to take over my lease in August. It's a pretty nice 2bd/br with pretty cool amenities. If anyone is interested let me know! I will be at Law Day and would be happy to meet with anyone who has questions about anything--housing or otherwise.

loslakers
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:33 am

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby loslakers » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:19 pm

weaselbee wrote:Hi all,

Graduating 3L/Double Trojan here. Congrats to all that got in! I wanted to shed some quick light on housing:
Terrace is convenient--don't have to worry about furniture or much else. The walk to the actual law school building is about 20 minutes, so bikes are useful. Buy a couple good locks because bikes get stolen regularly.

Popular places to live in Downtown are 1111 Wilshire, Glo Apartments, Pegasus, and the Orsini/Piero/Medici. The commute is incredibly easy by car/bus/metro. I live at Glo and am looking for someone to take over my lease in August. It's a pretty nice 2bd/br with pretty cool amenities. If anyone is interested let me know! I will be at Law Day and would be happy to meet with anyone who has questions about anything--housing or otherwise.


thank you for this! do you mind if i PM about a few other questions?!

User avatar
weaselbee
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby weaselbee » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 pm

loslakers wrote:
thank you for this! do you mind if i PM about a few other questions?!


Not at all!

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:55 pm

weaselbee wrote:Hi all,

Graduating 3L/Double Trojan here. Congrats to all that got in! I wanted to shed some quick light on housing:
Terrace is convenient--don't have to worry about furniture or much else. The walk to the actual law school building is about 20 minutes, so bikes are useful. Buy a couple good locks because bikes get stolen regularly.

Popular places to live in Downtown are 1111 Wilshire, Glo Apartments, Pegasus, and the Orsini/Piero/Medici. The commute is incredibly easy by car/bus/metro. I live at Glo and am looking for someone to take over my lease in August. It's a pretty nice 2bd/br with pretty cool amenities. If anyone is interested let me know! I will be at Law Day and would be happy to meet with anyone who has questions about anything--housing or otherwise.

How do you afford these places though. The glo and Pegasus are extremely nice but on apartments.com They have rooms for about 2000 a month lol.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 3236
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:25 pm

checking into the mr_chukes once man show ie this thread

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:checking into the mr_chukes once man show ie this thread

Lmao I post way to much on here. I was listening to earl by earl sweartshirt when your post came up though lol.

User avatar
weaselbee
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby weaselbee » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:How do you afford these places though. The glo and Pegasus are extremely nice but on apartments.com They have rooms for about 2000 a month lol.


I lived at home and commuted from Glendale for 1L and 2L. I decided downtown-living for 3L would be a good treat-yo-self kind of gift after working big law my 2L summer. Without that job, I probably would have stayed in Glendale. However, I'm incredibly frugal. Loans/supportive parents are the way most of my peers have afforded their living situations.

lawpotato
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby lawpotato » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:30 pm

who's all going to the BLSA Dinner tomorrow night?

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:52 pm

lawpotato wrote:who's all going to the BLSA Dinner tomorrow night?

Me

User avatar
slurp
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby slurp » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Any announcements at ASW? Approx class size? Key takeaways?

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby chargers21 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:05 am

slurp wrote:Any announcements at ASW? Approx class size? Key takeaways?

I think they're trying to bring the class back down to 200

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 am

chargers21 wrote:
slurp wrote:Any announcements at ASW? Approx class size? Key takeaways?

I think they're trying to bring the class back down to 200

Agree with this. Trying to ramp up entertainment law more as well. They really care about interdisciplinary education. They have a lot of support programs and programs for first generation.

JD_Kingfish
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby JD_Kingfish » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:20 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
slurp wrote:Any announcements at ASW? Approx class size? Key takeaways?

I think they're trying to bring the class back down to 200

Agree with this. Trying to ramp up entertainment law more as well. They really care about interdisciplinary education. They have a lot of support programs and programs for first generation.

The Dean of career services was really pushing to me and others that they want people to leave socal after graduation.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby chargers21 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Shot down on my scholly reconsideration after previously being given reason to get my hopes up. They might very well be concerned about yield being too high again

User avatar
FEDRESRV
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby FEDRESRV » Tue May 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Former UCLA Bruin checking in.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 pm

FEDRESRV wrote:Former UCLA Bruin checking in.

Welcome to the group!

loslakers
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:33 am

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby loslakers » Sat May 06, 2017 11:58 am

any news on their yield? the number of kids in the fb group has dropped by more than half.

MikeJD
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby MikeJD » Wed May 10, 2017 1:38 pm

loslakers wrote:any news on their yield? the number of kids in the fb group has dropped by more than half.



They kicked out people who are going to other schools. All that is left are people who have deposited, admins and current students. How many total depositors do they have?? it's hard to tell by FB only but I suspect they have minimum 200 and probably more.

User avatar
futureellewoods123
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby futureellewoods123 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi! Has anyone found luck with finding housing? And does anyone know if the law housing is full? I'm assuming it is

User avatar
Mr_Chukes
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby Mr_Chukes » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:58 pm

futureellewoods123 wrote:Hi! Has anyone found luck with finding housing? And does anyone know if the law housing is full? I'm assuming it is

I think there may still be spots.

User avatar
slurp
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby slurp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:50 am

Less than a month left until orientation! I'm pumped to meet you all and get started.

I'm really tempted to buy a season football ticket. Hopefully there will still be some available next month.

lawpotato
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby lawpotato » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Anyone know when we're going to be registered by? I saw something on the website that said it would be yesterday.

User avatar
futureellewoods123
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Postby futureellewoods123 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:58 pm

lawpotato wrote:Anyone know when we're going to be registered by? I saw something on the website that said it would be yesterday.


Also wondering this, I thought it was supposed to be Monday, day before yesterday


Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dannyswo and 1 guest