Michigan Summer Start C/O 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

When are you arriving in AA? (plz don't vote in poll if you voted in summer start FB group!)

Already here
No votes
On or before 5/7
No votes
5/8-5/14
No votes
5/15-5/21
25%
5/22-5/29
75%

Total votes: 4

rationalhound

New

Re: Michigan Summer Start C/O 2020

Post by rationalhound » Tue May 02, 2017 6:39 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Based on previous years, you're just gonna have to wait. Lol
Life is hard. :P

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue May 02, 2017 7:34 pm

rationalhound wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Based on previous years, you're just gonna have to wait. Lol
Life is hard. :P
Lol, definitely. It'll be okay though!

mina_ami

New

Post by mina_ami » Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Reminder (last time, I swear): If you are looking for summer housing still, the current students have a google doc of summer sublets!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu May 04, 2017 9:36 pm

He1lo fe1low Summer Start Cult members!

A few friendly reminders now that the first seat deposit deadline has passed/we are less than a MONTH away from STARTING classes :shock:

Summer starters: If you have not done the Grad PLUS loan application (and will need it to cover the remainder of your CoA) try to do so ASAP! It is recommended that you do it AT LEAST a couple weeks before you need it to kick in. There are a few additional forms you need to fill out as well before your loans will be disbursed!: the Statement of Understanding through the Michigan website, the others are through the government loan website. On this site you need to complete the Entrance counseling, as well as one Master Promissory Note for EACH of the federal loans you take out (so if you take out both Direct and Grad PLUS, you have to do one for each - aka a total of two!). There are also some other things (more administrative, such as setting up your direct deposit for your "refund" check). A list of everything necessary to ensure your loans will be ready to be disbursed on time and such can be found here. If anyone has any questions about any of these forms, feel free to PM me. I have already done everything on the list! If you got an email today about your fin aid forms being incomplete, one of the above forms is most likely what you're missing!

Join the FB group(s):
Admitted Students group
Summer Starter group (@umich email required(
Michigan Law Roommate Connection group

Join the MLaw TLSersGroupMe:
A small group of us (around a dozen) have been getting to know each other through a GroupMe I set up. If you're interested in joining, feel free to PM me your phone number and the name you would like to join the group as. We talk about a VERY WIDE variety of things from politics to the justice system to alcohol to tv shows to sports to documentaries I'm watching to our Myers-Briggs personalities so it's most definitely more of a social group than an informative one and we're all very nice! ~ No drama so far *fingers crossed* ~ ALL are welcome regardless of when you're planning on starting at Michigan (aka no summer/fall division lol).

Also, reiterating what mina_ami posted: There is a Google Doc created by current students who are subletting that is more up-to-date than the PDF we got from the school so if you are still looking for summer housing, check it out!

ALSO!!!! If you join the summer start FB group, you will see that I recently posted a poll asking when everyone is going to arrive in AA to see if we can get together before orientation starts (probably at a bar/somewhere with a bar because I like liquor lol). If you don't have access to the group/prefer not to join for whatever reason but would like to attend a get together, feel free to let me know the date you plan on arriving (will make it the poll in here as well so please don't double-vote - aka if you vote in FB, don't vote here and vice-versa) so I can try to find a date that works for everyone who wants to be able to attend!

GO BLUE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Mon May 08, 2017 4:46 pm

The folks on the FB group wanted to create a group chat so I started a WhatsApp chat. If anyone is interested, PM for link! * summer starters only *

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed May 10, 2017 3:18 pm

HEY ALL! Just making sure everyone is aware that a tentative orientation schedule, "What to do before classes start," and other info has been posted on the admitted students website. To access it, log in to the asw, click orientation, then in the column on the right, click summer orientation. If anyone needs any further directions on how to find stuff, feel free to PM me, but I'm pretty sure you all can figure it out once you're on that page.

See everyone in LESS THAN A MONTH.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”