U.C. Berkeley (Boalt Hall) - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What are you doing about housing?

FREAKING OUT - everything is so darn expensive
23%
found a place off campus!
32%
hoping to get Manville/Ida
36%
waiting for May/June to see if more places open up
9%

Total votes: 22

dietcoke1

Silver

U.C. Berkeley (Boalt Hall) - Class of 2020

Post by dietcoke1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:19 pm

University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall) - Class of 2020

None of these picture are my own

Class of 2020

Important Dates:
February 15 - Scholarship Notifications
March 16-18 - Admitted Students Weekend
March 20 - Scholarship Notifications
April 15 by 5 pm PST - Initial Enrollment Intent
June 1 - Final Enrollment Intent
June 1 - Statement of Legal Residence Deadline

Cost of Attending (Costs taken from 2016-2017 Academic Year)
CA Residents
Tuition - $48,702.50
Living - $24,854.00
Total - $79,228.50*
* also includes estimates for books/supplies and health insurance

Non-Residents
Tuition - $52,653.50
Living - $24,854.00
Total - $83,179.50*
* also includes estimates for books/supplies and health insurance

Useful Links
School Website
https://www.law.berkeley.edu/
LST Report
https://www.lstreports.com/?school=berkeley
LRAP Program
https://www.law.berkeley.edu/admissions ... e-program/
Outside Scholarships
https://www.law.berkeley.edu/admissions ... olarships/
Last edited by dietcoke1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ellielaw

New

Re: U.C. Berkeley (Boalt Hall) - Class of 2020

Post by ellielaw » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Checking in! :)

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Just need to see that $$$ and I'll be able to say yes :D

spursforever

New

Post by spursforever » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:45 am

Last edited by spursforever on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

nimbus2020

New

Post by nimbus2020 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Checking in!!!! It's been a week though and still waiting on that $ notification Berk.... :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SlippinJimmy

New

Post by SlippinJimmy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:Just need to see that $$$ and I'll be able to say yes :D
+1

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:54 am

Booked my flight to ASW!

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Post by calpolisci2016 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 pm

Just got admitted today! Is there a fb group?

jprath2

New

Post by jprath2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:59 am

Checking in! I'm between here and Georgetown depending on how $ works out (don't think I can afford sticker). Looking forward to ASW, I've been to SF before but never the East Bay so I'm eager to see the school and my potential classmates. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Reallyyyy hoping we hear $$$ info today! (someone in the applicants thread said they called fin aid and the person said the first round would go out today or tomorrow)

My husband is really rooting for Berk because a) CA is awesome and b) he's in innovation and Silicon Valley is like his mecca...so he would love to be out in that area.

Excited for ASW to see it in person!

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:35 pm

airwrecka wrote:Reallyyyy hoping we hear $$$ info today! (someone in the applicants thread said they called fin aid and the person said the first round would go out today or tomorrow)

My husband is really rooting for Berk because a) CA is awesome and b) he's in innovation and Silicon Valley is like his mecca...so he would love to be out in that area.

Ugh me too I've been trying to distract myself with work but I can't help incessantly checking my email. Also really excited for ASW! I thought Boalt was such a long shot when I applied. Can't believe I'll be visiting so soon and potentially attending next fall!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:37 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Reallyyyy hoping we hear $$$ info today! (someone in the applicants thread said they called fin aid and the person said the first round would go out today or tomorrow)

Ugh me too I've been trying to distract myself with work but I can't help incessantly checking my email. Also really excited for ASW! I thought Boalt was such a long shot when I applied. Can't believe I'll be visiting so soon and potentially attending next fall!
Yes! My e-mail is open as a tab on my computer and I just stare at it constantly, willing it to add a (1) for a new e-mail...and then it's always stupid spam :roll:

IIRC, the ASW events are finished around end of business day, right? They don't have any evening activities with current students or anything (I know NYU has a night out in Greenwich Village with current students)?

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:46 pm

airwrecka wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:

Yes! My e-mail is open as a tab on my computer and I just stare at it constantly, willing it to add a (1) for a new e-mail...and then it's always stupid spam :roll:

IIRC, the ASW events are finished around end of business day, right? They don't have any evening activities with current students or anything (I know NYU has a night out in Greenwich Village with current students)?
They have a reception/diversity dinner on Thursday from 5-7:30 but other than that no evening activities.

This application cycle has made me hate spam in a way I never knew I would. I'm glad I don't have a heart problem because junk mail probably would have killed me by now.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:11 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:

They have a reception/diversity dinner on Thursday from 5-7:30 but other than that no evening activities.

This application cycle has made me hate spam in a way I never knew I would. I'm glad I don't have a heart problem because junk mail probably would have killed me by now.
Last year's ASW had lots to do after the formal programs were over. Student clubs hosted happy hours and other cool things. I think there was a hike before the program on Saturday IIRC. I would imagine they would do the same thing this year but maybe their still planning them?

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Gah, every time I get an e-mail today I'm convinced it's Berk fin aid! :roll:
dietcoke1 wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:

Last year's ASW had lots to do after the formal programs were over. Student clubs hosted happy hours and other cool things. I think there was a hike before the program on Saturday IIRC. I would imagine they would do the same thing this year but maybe their still planning them?
good to know! I do think I remember something about a hike on Saturday from the program...

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:11 pm

so, if we don't hear something today, we should hear tomorrow? is that right? according to that one post? admitted 1/17 or something so I think I would hear in the first wave?

studyingeveryday

Silver

Post by studyingeveryday » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 pm

Checking in!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lordcarnus123

New

Post by Lordcarnus123 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:28 am

Just got the scholly email today (2/26).

abc12345678

New

Post by abc12345678 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Lordcarnus123 wrote:Just got the scholly email today (2/26).
Just recently got admitted! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there anything else we are supposed to do for scholarships aside from fafsa? Are we automatically submitted to be considered for them? And do we get notified if we are not going to be receiving anything?

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Post by calpolisci2016 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:57 pm

abc12345678 wrote:
Just recently got admitted! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there anything else we are supposed to do for scholarships aside from fafsa? Are we automatically submitted to be considered for them? And do we get notified if we are not going to be receiving anything?
Fill out CSS!

Lordcarnus123

New

Post by Lordcarnus123 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:31 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:
abc12345678 wrote:
Fill out CSS!

Here for all the info: https://www.law.berkeley.edu/admissions ... checklist/. If you want comprehensive consideration for merit/need aid, you have to submit both FAFSA and CSS. It seems like there are some scholarships that are awarded just based on the signals your application gives off.

We're also the first class for which the $$$ matching program is no longer available. Based on the chatter over at the applicants board and my own anecdatum, the $$$ coming out is...dismal

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

j2sh

New

Post by j2sh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:08 am

I got in last week, but haven't heard anything since the acceptance email. Anyone know the specifics on ASW? The website info I found was not very specific in terms of the schedule to be expected, and I'm also wondering if my wife is able to join me so that she can see the campus/area as well.

jprath2

New

Post by jprath2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:47 pm

j2sh wrote:I'm also wondering if my wife is able to join me so that she can see the campus/area as well.
FWIW I am bringing my wife so you won't be the only one.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Just got an email saying they reviewed my CSS profile and won't give me a need based grant. Anyone else? Different process than scholarships.

jackstraw92

New

Post by jackstraw92 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Keilz wrote:Just got an email saying they reviewed my CSS profile and won't give me a need based grant. Anyone else? Different process than scholarships.
Also got this - wasn't really expecting need-based aid. Hoping for merit aid though. If I have an offer from a peer school should I send it to them now?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”