Notre Dame Law School - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Are You Attending for sure?

-Yes
30%
-No
26%
-If the $$$ is there
43%

Total votes: 23

Smallville

Gold

Re: Notre Dame Law School - Class of 2020

Post by Smallville » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:31 am

amta wrote:
texas95 wrote:Anyone heading to happy hour at Rohr's tomorrow?
getting in super late thursday, so nah.
slacker

skallagrimson

New

Post by skallagrimson » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:03 am

Excuse the trivial question here, but does anyone know what the on-campus parking situation is like for ND law students? I went to a large state school for undergrad where parking on campus was next to impossible, so I don't really know what to expect. Thanks in advance!

JustWannaGraduate

New

Post by JustWannaGraduate » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Edited
Last edited by JustWannaGraduate on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:11 pm

JustWannaGraduate wrote:
skallagrimson wrote:Excuse the trivial question here, but does anyone know what the on-campus parking situation is like for ND law students? I went to a large state school for undergrad where parking on campus was next to impossible, so I don't really know what to expect. Thanks in advance!
Current undergrad and possible NDLS 2020 here.

1Ls park in the lots by the football stadium where all the off-campus undergrads park - that would be about a 10 minute walk to the law building (so not that bad really - I've done it all year and its totally okay).

After that, it depends. If you decide to Assistant Rector you get a reserved spot on campus - I'm not sure if other 2Ls and 3Ls can also park on campus, but either way the max walk you'll have will be 10 minutes.
That definitely worries me. I can't imagine walking 10-15 minutes in winter to the law school.

JustWannaGraduate

New

Post by JustWannaGraduate » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
JustWannaGraduate wrote:
skallagrimson wrote:Excuse the trivial question here, but does anyone know what the on-campus parking situation is like for ND law students? I went to a large state school for undergrad where parking on campus was next to impossible, so I don't really know what to expect. Thanks in advance!

1Ls park in the lots by the football stadium where all the off-campus undergrads park - that would be about a 10 minute walk to the law building (so not that bad really - I've done it all year and its totally okay).

After that, it depends. If you decide to Assistant Rector you get a reserved spot on campus - I'm not sure if other 2Ls and 3Ls can also park on campus, but either way the max walk you'll have will be 10 minutes.
That definitely worries me. I can't imagine walking 10-15 minutes in winter to the law school.
It's not ideal, but I'll say I've done it for four years and its not that bad. The walk is really only 10 minutes, and there's plenty of buildings to cut through.

If you don't like the cold, it might suck a little bit, yeah. But honestly its only a big problem December - end of January, but other than that it's manageable.

Feel free to PM me if you guys have any other concerns about what its like to live in South Bend/go to Notre Dame/etc

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:20 am

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
JustWannaGraduate wrote:

no matter where you live (except for being an AR 2L/3L if you get it) you will be walking 10-15 minutes really. A good majority of the apt in the area are around a 10-15 minute walk and driving obviously wouldnt make sense since you don't really save yourself much time.

it's really not that bad, cold days are rough but just dress warm and then you can leave you jacket in the locker room or something (and it really has not been bad at all this year compared to what i was expecting coming here)

There are also some shuttles from some of the lots depending on where you park you can grab one of those. Main one I deal with is the one by the graduate housing, there is a commuter/staff lot that has a shuttle that will bring you to the UG library which is about halfway making it even more bearable

DoYouEvenTLS

Bronze

Post by DoYouEvenTLS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Anybody paid their seat deposit yet?
Does ND increase scholarship given the nature of full-riders matriculating elsewhere and thus freeing up all that moola?

Really looking forward to going here. I'm really curious to see what are some career goals of future fellow classmates :D

Shshs2211

New

Post by Shshs2211 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Really excited to have officially deposited!

Can anyone give insight as to why Campus Court/View apartments have such bad reviews? Looks like a good location but not sure if it's a good place to lease.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:19 am

Shshs2211 wrote:Really excited to have officially deposited!

Can anyone give insight as to why Campus Court/View apartments have such bad reviews? Looks like a good location but not sure if it's a good place to lease.
not too sure, I think I heard some stuff last year about the management... but I believe it's under relatively knew management (used to be Clover Village/Ridge) not that it means they'll be great or whatnot. I know a few people that live in them and as far as I know they don't really have an issues

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wspa

New

Post by wspa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:35 pm

bump

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pm

wspa wrote:bump
you want OP?

wspa

New

Post by wspa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 pm

amta wrote:
wspa wrote:bump
you want OP?
I have no qualifications for this position, but I gladly accept.

wspa

New

Post by wspa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:22 am

Orientation bump

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”