Boston University Class of 2020 [ANOTHER New Poll!]

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Where are y'all living

Allston/Brighton like everyone else
16
52%
Back Bay because I got $$$
5
16%
Cambridge so I can pretend I go to Harvard
4
13%
Brookline (nothing snippy to write here, it's a pretty area)
4
13%
Some other suburb because I'm cool spending 90 mins each way commuting
2
6%
 
Total votes: 31

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby floatie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:16 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:Bit the bullet and am going to ASD next week! For those looking to fly still check southwest. It was cheaper than stuff on google flights.

Yay! That really sucks that there weren't waivers when you were accepted (seems kind of unfair, actually) but glad you get to be there!

I've never flown with SW before but don't they have a first come first serve thing with seats? If so, that would be stressful when you are travelling with someone but totally worth saving the money if you're alone.


Never flown SW either. Going solo though. I'll stand if I have to. Can't be worse than riding the L in Chicago.


Southwest to Boston isn't bad. Definitely beats Spirit (won't be making that mistake twice)...

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Headed to Boston tomorrow! Had a relaxing beginning of the week in NYC (somehow) and excited to show my gf the city.

Also, plug for Southwest here - they're actually the biggest carrier out of KC, but you get a budget without the hassle - no annoyances with free checked bags and included drinks/snack. And if you are traveling with people you can pay like 15 bucks to fix that and get on in the A group. Sorry, just my fav airline as a poor student. RT to Boston for like $240

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:24 am

Dodocogon wrote:Headed to Boston tomorrow! Had a relaxing beginning of the week in NYC (somehow) and excited to show my gf the city.

Also, plug for Southwest here - they're actually the biggest carrier out of KC, but you get a budget without the hassle - no annoyances with free checked bags and included drinks/snack. And if you are traveling with people you can pay like 15 bucks to fix that and get on in the A group. Sorry, just my fav airline as a poor student. RT to Boston for like $240

That's good to know about southwest! Never flown before because I was worried about the seating thing but if it's pretty cheap to. Uml up to group A than that is a deal.

How are the seats comfort/room wise?

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:27 am

So excited for tomorrow! I'm going to be commuting so it's a good chance for me to try out my planned travel route and see how much it sucks.

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby floatie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:43 am

Safe travels, everyone, and see y'all tomorrow!

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby ashrice13 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 am

soooo...what did everyone think?

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby Dodocogon » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:29 am

ashrice13 wrote:soooo...what did everyone think?


Really like the school, kinda reaffirmed that it is my first choice, all else equal with BC.

Proposed to my GF (now fiancé!!) this morning!

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby ashrice13 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:soooo...what did everyone think?


Really like the school, kinda reaffirmed that it is my first choice, all else equal with BC.

Proposed to my GF (now fiancé!!) this morning!

What???? Congrats!! That's so awesome. Pretty good Boston trip haha

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby floatie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:soooo...what did everyone think?


Really like the school, kinda reaffirmed that it is my first choice, all else equal with BC.

Proposed to my GF (now fiancé!!) this morning!


Yo, congrats!

I also liked the school. Unless Emory whips me off my feet in 2 weeks, this is where I'll be matriculating!

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby Dodocogon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am

ashrice13 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:soooo...what did everyone think?


Really like the school, kinda reaffirmed that it is my first choice, all else equal with BC.

Proposed to my GF (now fiancé!!) this morning!

What???? Congrats!! That's so awesome. Pretty good Boston trip haha


Yeah, was pretty great. Did it on a bridge on the Esplanade - rain held off for us too. Headed back home now (on Southwest)

Back on th school though, I also enjoyed all my conversations with admitted students/current students, which encouraged me a lot as well.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby ashrice13 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:44 am

Dodocogon wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:soooo...what did everyone think?


Really like the school, kinda reaffirmed that it is my first choice, all else equal with BC.

Proposed to my GF (now fiancé!!) this morning!

What???? Congrats!! That's so awesome. Pretty good Boston trip haha


Yeah, was pretty great. Did it on a bridge on the Esplanade - rain held off for us too. Headed back home now (on Southwest)

Back on th school though, I also enjoyed all my conversations with admitted students/current students, which encouraged me a lot as well.

I liked the panel with no faculty around. We got some more honest answers. Even when they were being honest/willing to say negative things they were still raving about the professors which spoke volumes to me.

It's hard to seperate reality from the perfect picture they want you to see but I think even the reality is really good. I was disappointed with the library but that was about it.

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby tuesdayninja » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:35 pm

How long did it take you guys to get your admit packets? I got my call on Monday but haven't received my admit packet. I was sure it'd be here by Saturday at least since i"m only in Illinois. I'm dying to know if I received scholly.

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby floatie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:09 am

tuesdayninja wrote:How long did it take you guys to get your admit packets? I got my call on Monday but haven't received my admit packet. I was sure it'd be here by Saturday at least since i"m only in Illinois. I'm dying to know if I received scholly.


I got mine about a week later.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby jessmeesh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:17 am

floatie wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:How long did it take you guys to get your admit packets? I got my call on Monday but haven't received my admit packet. I was sure it'd be here by Saturday at least since i"m only in Illinois. I'm dying to know if I received scholly.


I got mine about a week later.


Mine was a little over a week later. I still haven't gotten an email either.

gtmort

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby gtmort » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:02 pm

At this point im pretty much sold on BU. I love that the entire law program is focused in one building. Makes life alot easier. Love to meet some of you when we start next year :D

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby ashrice13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Did anyone do the tour of the main BU campus during their preview day? Any thing that was good to know? I only went did the law building tour

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby floatie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm sending in my deposit this week! How are y'all going about finding roommates?

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby floatie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:05 pm

ashrice13 wrote:Did anyone do the tour of the main BU campus during their preview day? Any thing that was good to know? I only went did the law building tour


I did. It was interesting, although I don't think you missed much - the law school is pretty self-contained so you probably won't have to venture out unless you want to.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020

Postby ashrice13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:32 pm

floatie wrote:I'm sending in my deposit this week! How are y'all going about finding roommates?

Sent in my deposit already. FYI for everyone- you don't get a confirmation email or anything right away. I was definitely nervous about that at first because the way you deposit seems odd but I got an email from admissions the following day.

I'll be commuting from central mass so im not looking for roommates. However, since the last train is at 11pm i need to start making friends quick so I have a couch to crash on In the inevitable situation that I stay out drinking too late once or twice over the next 3 years. Anyone who wants to volunteer will be generously thanked and bribed with beer.

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [New Poll!]

Postby Dodocogon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:39 pm

Speaking of goggles, I talked to a 3L from Cali at ASD that literally wore ski goggles to class her 1L year. Snow must be intimidating for those coming from warmer states lol

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [New Poll!]

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Speaking of goggles, I talked to a 3L from Cali at ASD that literally wore ski goggles to class her 1L year. Snow must be intimidating for those coming from warmer states lol

That is super awkward haha. I really want that person in my 1L class TBH

ls_2020

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [New Poll!]

Postby ls_2020 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:48 pm

officially deposited last night! i've been lurking the BU threads since like August so figured it was about time to join in haha

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [New Poll!]

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 pm

ls_2020 wrote:officially deposited last night! i've been lurking the BU threads since like August so figured it was about time to join in haha

Welcome!! Where are you from? Aka...are you used to the cold yet haha

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [New Poll!]

Postby jessmeesh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Anyone who has deposited yet - did you have trouble logging into the deposit site? I clicked the "first time here" link and it says my email address isn't registered.

Also, I'm mostly trying to log in today to see if BU has any restrictive language on their deposit. I'm on some waitlists and still pending at NYU - so I want to know if we're required to withdraw from other schools to deposit.

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [New Poll!]

Postby floatie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:42 pm

jessmeesh wrote:Anyone who has deposited yet - did you have trouble logging into the deposit site? I clicked the "first time here" link and it says my email address isn't registered.

Also, I'm mostly trying to log in today to see if BU has any restrictive language on their deposit. I'm on some waitlists and still pending at NYU - so I want to know if we're required to withdraw from other schools to deposit.


I haven't deposited yet, but I don't think any school requires you to withdraw from waitlists when you put down a deposit. I'm not sure if BU lets you double-deposit.



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests