Boston University Class of 2020 [ANOTHER New Poll!] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Where are y'all living

Allston/Brighton like everyone else
52%
Back Bay because I got $$$
16%
Cambridge so I can pretend I go to Harvard
13%
Brookline (nothing snippy to write here, it's a pretty area)
13%
Some other suburb because I'm cool spending 90 mins each way commuting
6%

Total votes: 31

Dodocogon

Silver

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [ANOTHER New Poll!]

Post by Dodocogon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:27 am

jessmeesh wrote:So I just started scoping out craigslist posting. I'm a bit annoyed with brokers already (not something I've had to deal with before). I sent out simple questions like "is there AC" and I get back, "Tell me about yourself, what do you do, whats your price range, when are you looking to move".

Just tell me if there is AC in the unit mentioned in the posting I replied to. K. Thanks.
Yeah not a fun process; hope it goes well for you!

Doesn't hurt to have a write-up ready, though. Part of their (very limited) use is to pre-screen applicants for landlords. Just wish they weren't a thing - hopefully I can bypass them next time (assuming I stay in Boston)

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 am

Dodocogon wrote:
Yeah not a fun process; hope it goes well for you!

Doesn't hurt to have a write-up ready, though. Part of their (very limited) use is to pre-screen applicants for landlords. Just wish they weren't a thing - hopefully I can bypass them next time (assuming I stay in Boston)

I'm cool with proving my information once we get to the stage that there's an apartment I want to apply for. But these are very first touches. I just want to maintain control of the conversation. I'm not interested in having them try to sell me a bunch of places, I just want to get my questions answered.

/rant

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:57 pm

In case anyone is interested, I noticed there were two different deadline dates listed to waive the health insurance so I reached out and was told that 9/30 is the correct deadline!

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:46 am

ashrice13 wrote:In case anyone is interested, I noticed there were two different deadline dates listed to waive the health insurance so I reached out and was told that 9/30 is the correct deadline!
Good to know! Just waived mine and my tuition updated immediately.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:52 pm

If you haven't checked in the destinations thread yet, go do it now! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=276168

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:19 pm

So according to this:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... U+waitlist

there are actually going to be people pulled from the waitlist this year!! This bodes well for a smaller class size. :) :)

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Anyone else a Reddit user?

I had known about the BU sub that seems geared towards undergrads for awhile, but I just found the BU law sub. It's pretty dead, but I'd love to get use out of it.

reddit.com/r/bulaw

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 am

jessmeesh wrote:Anyone else a Reddit user?

I had known about the BU sub that seems geared towards undergrads for awhile, but I just found the BU law sub. It's pretty dead, but I'd love to get use out of it.

reddit.com/r/bulaw
Just checked it out. I don't know if there's a need for a subreddit when we'll all be stuck in the same building for 3 years! I can see why it wouldn't catch on haha

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:55 am

Dodocogon wrote: Just checked it out. I don't know if there's a need for a subreddit when we'll all be stuck in the same building for 3 years! I can see why it wouldn't catch on haha
Ha. I can see your point.

I guess it's a better/less annoying way to communicate with the whole group than email chains, which is what I know a lot of law students do. I'd rather check a sub than watch my inbox blow up with back and forth about selling books or finding roommates. Etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
Dodocogon wrote: Just checked it out. I don't know if there's a need for a subreddit when we'll all be stuck in the same building for 3 years! I can see why it wouldn't catch on haha

I guess it's a better/less annoying way to communicate with the whole group than email chains, which is what I know a lot of law students do. I'd rather check a sub than watch my inbox blow up with back and forth about selling books or finding roommates. Etc.
Yeah I definitely think it'd be more effective for what's been happening on the fb group - having roommate threads / talk about where you're from things, idk

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:

Yeah I definitely think it'd be more effective for what's been happening on the fb group - having roommate threads / talk about where you're from things, idk
Yup. That would be nice too. I like reddit's formatting better than facebook groups.

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Actively unsubscribing from general BU emails (BU Today, Office of Research, Sustainability, etc.)... It's not that I don't care, but I don't need that stuff all the time.

My main task in August when I'm not working will be to clean up all of my emails; trying to centralize them all into a single new one I made and make it auto sort the unimportant stuff too.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Actively unsubscribing from general BU emails (BU Today, Office of Research, Sustainability, etc.)... It's not that I don't care, but I don't need that stuff all the time.

My main task in August when I'm not working will be to clean up all of my emails; trying to centralize them all into a single new one I made and make it auto sort the unimportant stuff too.

I've been unsubscribing too.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm

I feel like I shouldn't be confused but am anyway. In order to get the living expense part of our money, we have to do the refund thing on the student link, right? Can we just do that now or do we have to wait for loans to be dispersed? I feel like every page words it just a little bit differently so I'm not entirely sure.

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:50 am

Realized the first Thursday of the school year is a Patriots-Chiefs game in Foxborough - I'm not a huge fan but it'd be fun to have bragging rights to start of the year.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:59 pm

ashrice13 wrote:I feel like I shouldn't be confused but am anyway. In order to get the living expense part of our money, we have to do the refund thing on the student link, right? Can we just do that now or do we have to wait for loans to be dispersed? I feel like every page words it just a little bit differently so I'm not entirely sure.

I think you can put in your bank info now, but the money won't be disbursed until the first day of classes. But you do have to request the refund.

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:41 am

Just for a datapoint - I couldn't get my physical scheduled til Aug. 10th so I was calling in to make sure I was okay on that and my immunization form - sounds like the Aug. 1st guideline isn't that important, we just need it in by class start. Also, on the student link it looks like we're actually good til 9/12, but no real reason to wait that long haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Post by tuesdayninja » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Just for a datapoint - I couldn't get my physical scheduled til Aug. 10th so I was calling in to make sure I was okay on that and my immunization form - sounds like the Aug. 1st guideline isn't that important, we just need it in by class start. Also, on the student link it looks like we're actually good til 9/12, but no real reason to wait that long haha

Good to know, I'm scheduled for August 8th.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Yeah...they seem pretty flexible. I had a similar experience with the health insurance waiver deadline.

monceau

Bronze

Post by monceau » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:20 pm

If anyone was curious, the Dean's email to returning students said the class size for 2020 is about 240

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 pm

monceau wrote:If anyone was curious, the Dean's email to returning students said the class size for 2020 is about 240
Thank you for the info!! Definitely glad to see the class size go down a little.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:33 am

ashrice13 wrote:
monceau wrote:If anyone was curious, the Dean's email to returning students said the class size for 2020 is about 240
Thank you for the info!! Definitely glad to see the class size go down a little.
Yeah this is awesome to hear. It also looks like we'll have 3 sections, so ~80 in each

ls_2020

New

Post by ls_2020 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:37 pm

i have a class schedule listed on student link right now! i know the fb group said they aren't finalized, but still pretty exciting to see some movement on that front!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:58 pm

anyone else get an email from the registrar to confirm their local address? Poor timing...definitely thought it was the confirmation email for my schedule.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 pm

ls_2020 wrote:i have a class schedule listed on student link right now! i know the fb group said they aren't finalized, but still pretty exciting to see some movement on that front!

Same!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”