NYU Class of 2020 [Section Poll!]

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What section are you in?

1
5
21%
2
3
13%
3
4
17%
4
5
21%
5
7
29%
 
Total votes: 24

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby TexasENG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Has anyone who was offered a programmatic scholarship had their info updated on the scholarship system? I was told we had to sign the scholarship offer but figured it would have come through by now.

tlee13

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby tlee13 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:47 pm

TexasENG wrote:Has anyone who was offered a programmatic scholarship had their info updated on the scholarship system? I was told we had to sign the scholarship offer but figured it would have come through by now.


I got the AnBryce last Tuesday and he told me on the call that I would get the financial aid letter within a few days but I've yet to hear anything. My aid application status hasn't changed since February.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby TexasENG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:49 pm

tlee13 wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Has anyone who was offered a programmatic scholarship had their info updated on the scholarship system? I was told we had to sign the scholarship offer but figured it would have come through by now.


I got the AnBryce last Tuesday and he told me on the call that I would get the financial aid letter within a few days but I've yet to hear anything. My aid application status hasn't changed since February.


Congrats! I wonder if we met at the reception? There were so many people.

My aid application thing is the same, no change since late feb when I completed it. I was a little worried that I had maybe missed it somehow but sounds like they are just a bit behind on the stuff.

User avatar
AFtoLawschool

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby AFtoLawschool » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Is there a class of 2020 facebook page up? If not, I was considering starting one.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 pm

AFtoLawschool wrote:Is there a class of 2020 facebook page up? If not, I was considering starting one.


not that I'm aware of.

but if you start it, I'll join it :)

User avatar
AFtoLawschool

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby AFtoLawschool » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Alright friends, I made the facebook group for the NYU Law Class of 2020.

Here's the link!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1294812590572592/

Feel free to join up and let me know of any suggestions you have for the page.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 am

I've approved everyone who requested to joint the group, so I hope they were all TLSers (or legit students)...not trolls :shock:

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby TexasENG » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:41 am

airwrecka wrote:I've approved everyone who requested to joint the group, so I hope they were all TLSers (or legit students)...not trolls :shock:


Just requested to join! I wonder why NYU doesn't have an official admitted students fb page? Maybe too many admits?

pusheentothelimit

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby pusheentothelimit » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 am

Casual lurker here. First post on TLS ever. Just reactivated my FB in order to request to join the group haha. Hope to see some of you at ASD tomorrow :)

User avatar
AFtoLawschool

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby AFtoLawschool » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 pm

TexasENG wrote:
airwrecka wrote:I've approved everyone who requested to joint the group, so I hope they were all TLSers (or legit students)...not trolls :shock:


Just requested to join! I wonder why NYU doesn't have an official admitted students fb page? Maybe too many admits?


Looks like the 2019 class had to make one themselves as well.

Obama

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:02 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby Obama » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!

pusheentothelimit

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby pusheentothelimit » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Obama wrote:Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!


Also still waiting. Admitted 3/21, submitted info on 3/26 I think...

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:33 pm

pusheentothelimit wrote:
Obama wrote:Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!


Also still waiting. Admitted 3/21, submitted info on 3/26 I think...


I would call the fin aid office and tell them that you need info to be able to decide! I would assume they would get it to you before the deposit deadline, but you know what they say about assuming...(ass of u & me)

Obama

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:02 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby Obama » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:43 pm

airwrecka wrote:
pusheentothelimit wrote:
Obama wrote:Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!


Also still waiting. Admitted 3/21, submitted info on 3/26 I think...


I would call the fin aid office and tell them that you need info to be able to decide! I would assume they would get it to you before the deposit deadline, but you know what they say about assuming...(ass of u & me)


Yeah -- spoke to them last week, will ping them again.

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby armc808 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Obama wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
pusheentothelimit wrote:
Obama wrote:Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!


Also still waiting. Admitted 3/21, submitted info on 3/26 I think...


I would call the fin aid office and tell them that you need info to be able to decide! I would assume they would get it to you before the deposit deadline, but you know what they say about assuming...(ass of u & me)


Yeah -- spoke to them last week, will ping them again.

I spoke to them about it during Friday's ASD. The financial aid director emailed me today today letting me know that they will be releasing the next batch of financial aid decisions tomorrow.

pusheentothelimit

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby pusheentothelimit » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 pm

armc808 wrote:
Obama wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
pusheentothelimit wrote:
Obama wrote:Anyone still waiting on financial aid? Running out of time to pick between NYU and C, have $ from C but need $ from N so I can actually pick between the two. Agh!


Also still waiting. Admitted 3/21, submitted info on 3/26 I think...


I would call the fin aid office and tell them that you need info to be able to decide! I would assume they would get it to you before the deposit deadline, but you know what they say about assuming...(ass of u & me)


Yeah -- spoke to them last week, will ping them again.

I spoke to them about it during Friday's ASD. The financial aid director emailed me today today letting me know that they will be releasing the next batch of financial aid decisions tomorrow.



Thank you for the update!

Kaziende

Bronze
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby Kaziende » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Officially committed to NYU! Feels good. I'm really excited to join all of you beautiful people in the fall.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Kaziende wrote:Officially committed to NYU! Feels good. I'm really excited to join all of you beautiful people in the fall.


Yay! Excited to see you there!

cys0823

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby cys0823 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 pm

For those who are still waiting on Financial Aid, did you receive any updates? I've been checking my email incessantly :cry:

User avatar
MoonyUpToNoGood

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby MoonyUpToNoGood » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Hellooo.. I'm trying to decide between NYU and Penn and since I just got in, I couldn't go to NYU's admitted students weekends.

Would people that went mind sharing their experience? What was the general atmosphere like? How did the current students feel about NYU? I'm looking for a place where I'll feel close and connected to my classmates, and I like that Penn has a small class size - how did the collegially between the current students seem? Institutional support? I don't mind general feelings, just trying to get a sense.. Thanks!

pusheentothelimit

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby pusheentothelimit » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 pm

cys0823 wrote:For those who are still waiting on Financial Aid, did you receive any updates? I've been checking my email incessantly :cry:


Still waiting also. My app went "final review" for the first time today so I am still hopeful today is the day. I know people have said there is usually a week in between "final review" and an award letter, but since I am in the group who was promised an update early this week, I think the day you go "final review" is not necessarily indicative of when you'll receive an award letter

cys0823

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby cys0823 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:54 pm

pusheentothelimit wrote:
cys0823 wrote:For those who are still waiting on Financial Aid, did you receive any updates? I've been checking my email incessantly :cry:


Still waiting also. My app went "final review" for the first time today so I am still hopeful today is the day. I know people have said there is usually a week in between "final review" and an award letter, but since I am in the group who was promised an update early this week, I think the day you go "final review" is not necessarily indicative of when you'll receive an award letter


My app went under final review 4/11 and the date changed to 4/24 so I'm really hoping it's today.

huskyfan72309

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby huskyfan72309 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Have not heard anything. Final review two weeks ago and then date changed yesterday

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm

MoonyUpToNoGood wrote:Hellooo.. I'm trying to decide between NYU and Penn and since I just got in, I couldn't go to NYU's admitted students weekends.

Would people that went mind sharing their experience? What was the general atmosphere like? How did the current students feel about NYU? I'm looking for a place where I'll feel close and connected to my classmates, and I like that Penn has a small class size - how did the collegially between the current students seem? Institutional support? I don't mind general feelings, just trying to get a sense.. Thanks!


Despite NYU's much larger class size, I still felt like students were very collegial/close. I think the bigger class size just lends itself to forming smaller groups within your class. I know some current students talked about how during 1L, all the Lawyering sections (the legal research/writing/practice class required for everyone their first year--about 30 students/section) form flag football teams and compete every Sunday and then go out for drinks afterward and it's a lot of fun (even if you're terrible at sports). Also there are lots of student orgs (like everywhere) that help people to find their "fit" within the student body. Overall, I really saw myself fitting in and finding "my people" at NYU very easily :)

I went to Penn on an individual visit, so I don't think my impressions of the school can really be compared to my impressions of NYU :?

Obama

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:02 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby Obama » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:03 pm

cys0823 wrote:
pusheentothelimit wrote:
cys0823 wrote:For those who are still waiting on Financial Aid, did you receive any updates? I've been checking my email incessantly :cry:


Still waiting also. My app went "final review" for the first time today so I am still hopeful today is the day. I know people have said there is usually a week in between "final review" and an award letter, but since I am in the group who was promised an update early this week, I think the day you go "final review" is not necessarily indicative of when you'll receive an award letter


My app went under final review 4/11 and the date changed to 4/24 so I'm really hoping it's today.


If I don't get mine today, I will consider it a personal insult and I will withdraw. Straight up. So unprofessional. It's the fucking 25th.

If anyone gets an award today, please be sure to post in the thread.



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests