NYU Class of 2020 [Section Poll!]

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What section are you in?

1
5
21%
2
3
13%
3
4
17%
4
5
21%
5
7
29%
 
Total votes: 24

User avatar
AFtoLawschool

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby AFtoLawschool » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Well TLS friends, Columbia just offered me a big fat nothing for $$$.

Looks like I'm heading to NYU this Fall!!! It's official, decision made.

Looking forward to hanging with you guys for the next three years!

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:27 pm

AFtoLawschool wrote:Well TLS friends, Columbia just offered me a big fat nothing for $$$.

Looks like I'm heading to NYU this Fall!!! It's official, decision made.

Looking forward to hanging with you guys for the next three years!


Woohoo! I'm also in the no $$$ from Columbia club!!

Can't wait to be classmates :D

cys0823

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby cys0823 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:50 pm

What are you all doing/what have you done for housing for the ASDs?

User avatar
Kaziende

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby Kaziende » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Checking in! Was planning to go to CLS until I visited and didn't exactly love it. Got the Vandy and IILJ, so NYU is now my top choice!

Anyone else going to the ASW next week?

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 am

Kaziende wrote:Checking in! Was planning to go to CLS until I visited and didn't exactly love it. Got the Vandy and IILJ, so NYU is now my top choice!

Anyone else going to the ASW next week?


Yay! Welcome :D Went to the ASW a couple weeks ago so I won't be there, but I hope you love it! I felt the same way about CLS but really enjoyed NYU ;)

parcori

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:45 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby parcori » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:57 am

After emailing NYU to negotiate scholarships up (with pdf's attached) how long did you guys wait for a reply/for your fin aid status to change? I know its easter weekend so that might throw things off a bit, but deadlines are coming up! NYU is actually my top choice school, its just hard to validate the decision when comparing scholarship offers :(

Also, has anyone had any luck going in person to speak with them? Thanks!!

User avatar
notsonotorious

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby notsonotorious » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:36 am

parcori wrote:After emailing NYU to negotiate scholarships up (with pdf's attached) how long did you guys wait for a reply/for your fin aid status to change? I know its easter weekend so that might throw things off a bit, but deadlines are coming up! NYU is actually my top choice school, its just hard to validate the decision when comparing scholarship offers :(

Also, has anyone had any luck going in person to speak with them? Thanks!!


I submitted an appeal on Monday and got a response on Thursday (a big fat no). Good luck!

parcori

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:45 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby parcori » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 am

notsonotorious wrote:
parcori wrote:After emailing NYU to negotiate scholarships up (with pdf's attached) how long did you guys wait for a reply/for your fin aid status to change? I know its easter weekend so that might throw things off a bit, but deadlines are coming up! NYU is actually my top choice school, its just hard to validate the decision when comparing scholarship offers :(

Also, has anyone had any luck going in person to speak with them? Thanks!!


I submitted an appeal on Monday and got a response on Thursday (a big fat no). Good luck!


Ugh, yeah that seems to be the general response. Worth a try anyway lol. Thanks!!

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby TexasENG » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:49 am

Anyone visit the dorms when they went to asw? Were they alright? Just typical dorm stuff? Trying to figure out which options to choose on the housing application.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:02 am

Bought a plane ticket out to NYC to find an apartment in July!! It's really real! :D :lol:

parcori wrote:After emailing NYU to negotiate scholarships up (with pdf's attached) how long did you guys wait for a reply/for your fin aid status to change? I know its easter weekend so that might throw things off a bit, but deadlines are coming up! NYU is actually my top choice school, its just hard to validate the decision when comparing scholarship offers :(

Also, has anyone had any luck going in person to speak with them? Thanks!!


I think I waited exactly one week (Friday to Friday) from appeal to decision. However, I e-mailed them again asking for another reconsideration, and I haven't received a reply to that yet. If they don't respond by Wednesday, I'm going to call the fin aid office because the deadline to accept the scholarship is this Friday ( :shock: )!

[edit] got a reply from Joel Schoenecker himself this morning, denying my request for a second appeal. however, he wrote a pretty detailed and thoughtful response, which I appreciated!

User avatar
Slytherpuff

Platinum
Posts: 5401
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:22 pm

TexasENG wrote:Anyone visit the dorms when they went to asw? Were they alright? Just typical dorm stuff? Trying to figure out which options to choose on the housing application.

I lived in D'ag as a 1L and Mercer/Hayden as a 2L - feel free to PM me if you have questions!

HonestlyThough

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby HonestlyThough » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Kaziende wrote:Checking in! Was planning to go to CLS until I visited and didn't exactly love it. Got the Vandy and IILJ, so NYU is now my top choice!

Anyone else going to the ASW next week?


Yay! Welcome :D Went to the ASW a couple weeks ago so I won't be there, but I hope you love it! I felt the same way about CLS but really enjoyed NYU ;)


I'll be there!

Does anyone know if travel stipends are a thing?

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 pm

All ready to deposit, but I just don't want to fork out $600 right now :cry: Alas, such is life.

brightyside

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby brightyside » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Checking in guys!
Applied in Nov and just got admission.
Do ppl with scholarship offer get notified along with the decision?
Or did you guys apply for it after the admission

User avatar
notsonotorious

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby notsonotorious » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:26 pm

brightyside wrote:Checking in guys!
Applied in Nov and just got admission.
Do ppl with scholarship offer get notified along with the decision?
Or did you guys apply for it after the admission


You apply separately. In the admitted student website, click on financial aid and there's a link in there to the application system. Good luck!

Edit: and congrats and welcome!

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby armc808 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|

cys0823

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby cys0823 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 pm

armc808 wrote:Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|


I emailed them and they told me it will come late this week or early next. I applied two weeks ago too :/

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby airwrecka » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:23 pm

cys0823 wrote:
armc808 wrote:Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|


I emailed them and they told me it will come late this week or early next. I applied two weeks ago too :/


I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting to see how many people accept scholarships with earlier deadlines (my deadline is this Friday 4/21).

Fwiw, I finally deposited today! It's really real!

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby armc808 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:31 pm

cys0823 wrote:
armc808 wrote:Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|


I emailed them and they told me it will come late this week or early next. I applied two weeks ago too :/

Shucks :| Thanks for the heads up!

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby armc808 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:32 pm

airwrecka wrote: wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting to see how many people accept scholarships with earlier deadlines (my deadline is this Friday 4/21).

Fwiw, I finally deposited today! It's really real!

Congrats!!! :D

negativenancy

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby negativenancy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:56 pm

cys0823 wrote:
armc808 wrote:Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|


I emailed them and they told me it will come late this week or early next. I applied two weeks ago too :/


If you don't mind me asking, did both of you go under final review two weeks ago, or was your initial review two weeks ago? Just went final review yesterday, so I'm trying to figure out how long my wait will be

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby armc808 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:58 pm

negativenancy wrote:
cys0823 wrote:
armc808 wrote:Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|


I emailed them and they told me it will come late this week or early next. I applied two weeks ago too :/


If you don't mind me asking, did both of you go under final review two weeks ago, or was your initial review two weeks ago? Just went final review yesterday, so I'm trying to figure out how long my wait will be

I submitted my FAAPS app two weeks ago today (4/4) and it went final review at the end of that day, been that way ever since.

cys0823

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby cys0823 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:10 pm

armc808 wrote:
negativenancy wrote:
cys0823 wrote:
armc808 wrote:Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|


I emailed them and they told me it will come late this week or early next. I applied two weeks ago too :/


If you don't mind me asking, did both of you go under final review two weeks ago, or was your initial review two weeks ago? Just went final review yesterday, so I'm trying to figure out how long my wait will be

I submitted my FAAPS app two weeks ago today (4/4) and it went final review at the end of that day, been that way ever since.


I submitted it on 4/4 and went under final review on 4/11.

negativenancy

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby negativenancy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 pm

cys0823 wrote:
armc808 wrote:
negativenancy wrote:
cys0823 wrote:
armc808 wrote:Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|


I emailed them and they told me it will come late this week or early next. I applied two weeks ago too :/


If you don't mind me asking, did both of you go under final review two weeks ago, or was your initial review two weeks ago? Just went final review yesterday, so I'm trying to figure out how long my wait will be


I submitted my FAAPS app two weeks ago today (4/4) and it went final review at the end of that day, been that way ever since.


I submitted it on 4/4 and went under final review on 4/11.


Okay, thanks for sharing!

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Postby Leliana » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 am

armc808 wrote:Anyone else experience a long gap between when you submitted your FAAPS app and when you were notified of your financial aid award? I submitted my application two weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything :|


I've been waiting for over a month now. There was an error on their end which meant they didn't look at my application for all of March... After going to the office in person during ASW, then emailing and calling multiple times in the week after, they finally told me on 4/10 that I'd hear within the next two weeks.

Still no date changes or anything. At this point I've kind of given up. :|



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest