NYU Class of 2020 [Section Poll!] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What section are you in?

20%
12%
16%
24%
28%

Total votes: 25

cavalier1138

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:27 am

Slytherpuff wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
and-peggy wrote:Quick question: do we get access to the NYU gyms included in our tuition? Trying to figure out if that's something I need to budget separately for or not.
From what I can tell, yes
You do!
One caveat: you have to pay for summer access. I forget what the exact fees were, but it was relatively light.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Thu May 25, 2017 10:08 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
and-peggy wrote:Quick question: do we get access to the NYU gyms included in our tuition? Trying to figure out if that's something I need to budget separately for or not.
From what I can tell, yes
You do!
One caveat: you have to pay for summer access. I forget what the exact fees were, but it was relatively light.
Glad to hear we get access! And I think paying for summer access is pretty standard for university gyms. I had to pay for summer use at my undergrad university, at least.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sat May 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Just submitted an application for an apartment in the east village! Moving so soon because my boyfriend starts his residency next month.

This all happened so fast haha

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue May 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Keilz wrote:Just submitted an application for an apartment in the east village! Moving so soon because my boyfriend starts his residency next month.

That's so exciting! Just a little more than a month till we head out to find our place. Soooo ready to know where I'm living!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:Just submitted an application for an apartment in the east village! Moving so soon because my boyfriend starts his residency next month.

That's so exciting! Just a little more than a month till we head out to find our place. Soooo ready to know where I'm living!
I'm hoping that student housing pulls through for me because I find it immensely intimidating to try and find housing in a city I've never been to :lol: I'm so excited for the two of you, though! You'll have to share tips when next year rolls around. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue May 30, 2017 8:36 pm

sorence wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

I'm hoping that student housing pulls through for me because I find it immensely intimidating to try and find housing in a city I've never been to :lol: I'm so excited for the two of you, though! You'll have to share tips when next year rolls around. :)
I just got back from signing the lease!!! Things move FAST I was not expecting to sign or find anything this weekend at all. If you like something, go for it right away. Our apartment had only been on the market for like three days.

Also negotiate- either the broker fee or the rent.

And I can't believe you've never been to New York City before sorence!! Definitely come as early as you can not only to sight see but to get a feel of the city. It's extremely diverse and quite a large city.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed May 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Keilz wrote:
I just got back from signing the lease!!! Things move FAST I was not expecting to sign or find anything this weekend at all. If you like something, go for it right away. Our apartment had only been on the market for like three days.

And I can't believe you've never been to New York City before sorence!! Definitely come as early as you can not only to sight see but to get a feel of the city. It's extremely diverse and quite a large city.
Ahhh that's awesome! Yeah, we've heard so much about how fast it moves that we are literally only giving ourselves 4 days to find a place :shock: (and that's also the only realistic option coming from the Midwest)

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed May 31, 2017 12:58 pm

sorence wrote:
I hope we get our housing assignments soonish. I need to figure out what I'm packing / selling soon. I have to move in like August 10th? for some early program stuff.

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed May 31, 2017 1:01 pm

Keilz wrote:

It's awesome that you found a place and everything worked out for you! I'm not looking forward to 3 years of an LDR. We've done a few stints (4-12) months but I think we are more in our routine now and the adjustment is gonna suck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Wed May 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Just in case y'all didn't know, our .nyu.edu addresses allow us free access to Windows Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote)! Good timing too, because my undergraduate access was about to expire next month. 8) Now I've just got to learn how to use OneNote..

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed May 31, 2017 2:16 pm

sorence wrote:Just in case y'all didn't know, our .nyu.edu addresses allow us free access to Windows Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote)! Good timing too, because my undergraduate access was about to expire next month. 8) Now I've just got to learn how to use OneNote..
I did not know this! I already have it on my computer, but the version is pretty old. This is great yay!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Wed May 31, 2017 3:08 pm

airwrecka wrote:
sorence wrote:Just in case y'all didn't know, our .nyu.edu addresses allow us free access to Windows Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote)! Good timing too, because my undergraduate access was about to expire next month. 8) Now I've just got to learn how to use OneNote..
I did not know this! I already have it on my computer, but the version is pretty old. This is great yay!
Yay for awareness! The newer versions are so streamlined and aesthetically pleasing. :)
Here's a link describing the download process for anyone interested:

http://www.law.nyu.edu/technology/students/software

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Wed May 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Officially checking in! Also panicking about house hunting. :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed May 31, 2017 6:24 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:

Ahhh that's awesome! Yeah, we've heard so much about how fast it moves that we are literally only giving ourselves 4 days to find a place :shock: (and that's also the only realistic option coming from the Midwest)
ive never seen my boyfriend plan so much- he came up from VA for Memorial Day weekend. He had an excel sheet of all the places he was interested in and had viewings scheduled all day Friday and Saturday. He found the place we signed on Friday, showed it to me on Saturday, and we applied that day Bc it just made sense. Brokers are pretty flexible in meeting with you or showing it to you again if you're interested. Make sure you have a ton of liquid assets in your bank account and have proof of both your employment, pay statements, references (personal and to verify employment), bank statements, scan of your acceptance letter, lol...

Im lucky he had already done his research about red flags and what to ask and look for because I hadn't since I got in just like two weeks ago.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed May 31, 2017 6:25 pm

sorence wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Yay for awareness! The newer versions are so streamlined and aesthetically pleasing. :)
Here's a link describing the download process for anyone interested:

http://www.law.nyu.edu/technology/students/software
Great to know! Now to decide which computer imgonna get

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed May 31, 2017 6:26 pm

TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:

It's awesome that you found a place and everything worked out for you! I'm not looking forward to 3 years of an LDR. We've done a few stints (4-12) months but I think we are more in our routine now and the adjustment is gonna suck.
Thanks and I'm sorry you have to enter one :-( as long as you have an end goal where you both know you'll be happy, it'll keep you motivated to work hard and get through it!!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Wed May 31, 2017 6:52 pm

sittykitty wrote:Officially checking in! Also panicking about house hunting. :shock:
:D Yay! Welcome! It took me a bit to get over the sticker shock too :shock:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:27 pm

People who did the need-based aid application:

did the school ask you to send them copies of your federal tax returns and personal bank statements?

also how do people feel about the on-campus housing? the cheapest one is like $1800 a month. i know NYC is expensive but i feel like that's got to be at least 1.5 times what it would cost to live elsewhere.

AFtoLawschool

Bronze

Post by AFtoLawschool » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:01 pm

stego wrote:People who did the need-based aid application:

did the school ask you to send them copies of your federal tax returns and personal bank statements?

also how do people feel about the on-campus housing? the cheapest one is like $1800 a month. i know NYC is expensive but i feel like that's got to be at least 1.5 times what it would cost to live elsewhere.
No, I didn't send in anything, just filled out the online application.

I'm not staying on campus, but I'm married and want a one bedroom. The couple's housing on campus is stupid expensive. I'm gonna find a 1bdrm somewhere in hells kitchen or on the upper east/west side for cheaper.

daydreamerxoxo

New

Post by daydreamerxoxo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Hey... should we have our class schedule/book list yet? I'm starting to panic a little...

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:16 pm

daydreamerxoxo wrote:Hey... should we have our class schedule/book list yet? I'm starting to panic a little...
I don't think we get our class schedules until August, but I could be wrong! I haven't gotten any info aside from housing, which I only received a few hours ago. No need to panic yet!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:37 pm

sorence wrote:
daydreamerxoxo wrote:Hey... should we have our class schedule/book list yet? I'm starting to panic a little...
I don't think we get our class schedules until August, but I could be wrong! I haven't gotten any info aside from housing, which I only received a few hours ago. No need to panic yet!
We definitely won't get any information about classes or books until August (I've spent lots of time creeping 8) ) so no worries!

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:59 am

Has anyone who submitted final college transcript / college questionnaire had their status tracker updated yet?

I had someone from my school say they submitted them a couple of weeks ago and I'm wondering if I need to follow up yet.

notsonotorious

Bronze

Post by notsonotorious » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:02 pm

TexasENG wrote:Has anyone who submitted final college transcript / college questionnaire had their status tracker updated yet?

I had someone from my school say they submitted them a couple of weeks ago and I'm wondering if I need to follow up yet.
Where is the tracker? thx

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:07 pm

notsonotorious wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Has anyone who submitted final college transcript / college questionnaire had their status tracker updated yet?

Where is the tracker? thx
Its the same tracker as for admissions, they just added the new stuff that needs to be submitted to it.

You can find the applicant status check here under popular links

http://www.law.nyu.edu/jdadmissions

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”