NYU Class of 2020 [Section Poll!] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What section are you in?

20%
12%
16%
24%
28%

Total votes: 25

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Re: NYU Class of 2020 [Section Poll!]

Post by ZVBXRPL » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:39 am

Can some1 direct me to a sample 1l class schedule?

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Just moved into D'Ag today (early move in)! I look forward to meeting all of you! :)

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Happy first day of Orientation everyone!

I'm a terrible person and skipping the BBQ tonight - there was waaaaaay too much free time this afternoon and since I live so far from campus, it didn't make sense for me to go home and then come back. But I plan to thoroughly enjoy wine & cheese night tomorrow to make up for it. 8)

thehours

New

Post by thehours » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Still hoping to get in off the waitlist so don't have too much fun without me at orientation!

Ugh why am I even on this thread rn

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 pm

thehours wrote:Still hoping to get in off the waitlist so don't have too much fun without me at orientation!

Aw, I hope you get some movement tomorrow when they go over who didnt check in today! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:40 pm

airwrecka wrote:Happy first day of Orientation everyone!

I'm a terrible person and skipping the BBQ tonight - there was waaaaaay too much free time this afternoon and since I live so far from campus, it didn't make sense for me to go home and then come back. But I plan to thoroughly enjoy wine & cheese night tomorrow to make up for it. 8)
I am way too excited at the prospect of wine and cheese night! I'm looking forward to seeing you then! :D
thehours wrote:Still hoping to get in off the waitlist so don't have too much fun without me at orientation!

I'm still rooting for you to get one of those last minute seats! There's bound to be a few no-shows.

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:28 pm

sorence wrote:Just moved into D'Ag today (early move in)! I look forward to meeting all of you! :)

Pm the floor youre on. Im in the area. haha

Kaziende

Bronze

Post by Kaziende » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Omg orientation has been so much fun. Have we had an official NYU TLS meet up? Because I think we should.

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:18 pm

Kaziende wrote:Omg orientation has been so much fun. Have we had an official NYU TLS meet up? Because I think we should.
I've run into a few people informally, but we should all plan on grabbing a drink/bite together!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:06 am

sorence wrote:
Kaziende wrote:Omg orientation has been so much fun. Have we had an official NYU TLS meet up? Because I think we should.
I've run into a few people informally, but we should all plan on grabbing a drink/bite together!
Yes, let's do something together! Kaziende - I don't think I've met you yet (or if I have, I didn't know it was you)!
We could do something this weekend (I'm having a GoT finale watch party at my apartment tomorrow - check the fb group, as I will be posting details shortly), otherwise Tuesday since orientation will be over but classes will not have started yet!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Tuesday would be cool!

ArizonaCactus123

New

Post by ArizonaCactus123 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 pm

So I see this thread is kind of dead...is there another NYU thread?

Just wondering..where do ya''ll study at school? Any other rooms open at the law school beside the library? Thanks!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:52 pm

ArizonaCactus123 wrote:So I see this thread is kind of dead...is there another NYU thread?

Just wondering..where do ya''ll study at school? Any other rooms open at the law school beside the library? Thanks!
Kinda dead, but we still lurk. Well, I do. I generally study in the library if I'm doing things alone, or reserve a room in Bobst if I want to work with other people in my section. They've got a graduate section with rooms you can reserve, which is great for study sessions. within the law school, Greenburg is cool for in-between classes though it can be a bit loud, and there's that lounge by the main staircase that has comfy chairs and tables; I know people study there.
Other than that, I just study at D'Ag/Hayden or in coffee shops around the school if I'm looking for a change of scenery.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:48 pm

sorence wrote:
ArizonaCactus123 wrote:So I see this thread is kind of dead...is there another NYU thread?

Kinda dead, but we still lurk. Well, I do. I generally study in the library if I'm doing things alone, or reserve a room in Bobst if I want to work with other people in my section. They've got a graduate section with rooms you can reserve, which is great for study sessions. within the law school, Greenburg is cool for in-between classes though it can be a bit loud, and there's that lounge by the main staircase that has comfy chairs and tables; I know people study there.
Other than that, I just study at D'Ag/Hayden or in coffee shops around the school if I'm looking for a change of scenery.
I love coffee shops. Do you have recommendations other than Starbucks?

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:09 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
sorence wrote:

I go to The Uncommons on Thompson sometimes, they've got a good vibe and are decently priced. I really enjoy Kopi Kopi, on 3rd between Thompson and La Guardia. It's a small Indonesian coffee/tea place that normally has seating and isn't terribly priced like Bluestone Lane/Stumptown/Irving Farms are (great coffee, high prices). Each of those have stores within a few blocks of campus, and I will spring for Stumptown every now and then bc they're my favorite of the non-Starbucks chains.
(I like coffee)

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:21 pm

sorence wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
sorence wrote:

I go to The Uncommons on Thompson sometimes, they've got a good vibe and are decently priced. I really enjoy Kopi Kopi, on 3rd between Thompson and La Guardia. It's a small Indonesian coffee/tea place that normally has seating and isn't terribly priced like Bluestone Lane/Stumptown/Irving Farms are (great coffee, high prices). Each of those have stores within a few blocks of campus, and I will spring for Stumptown every now and then bc they're my favorite of the non-Starbucks chains.
(I like coffee)
take me with you one day ^_^ I'll show you the bean

ArizonaCactus123

New

Post by ArizonaCactus123 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 am

^ Thanks for the recommendations all. I'll check some of those places out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:40 pm

sorence wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
sorence wrote:

(I like coffee)
Thanks sorence! I've taken note of all of these places, and I will go one by one. I'm getting tired of the stuffy feeling in the lib.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”