NYU Class of 2020 [Section Poll!] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What section are you in?

20%
12%
16%
24%
28%

Total votes: 25

tlee13

New

Re: NYU Class of 2020

Post by tlee13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 am

HonestlyThough wrote:Does anyone know if NYU offers travel stipends?
They offer up to $300 travel reimbursement in cases they deem qualifying for aid. Email Admissions and they'll get you the info!

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Post by seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 am

Just got a Vandy email. Went complete 2/6, admitted 2/21, submitted FAAPS 3/15. (The date of the letter attached to the email was 3/15, incidentally.)

bena

New

Post by bena » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Leliana wrote:
bena wrote:Has anyone else who was dinged from RTK late still not received financial aid info? I was accepted 1/16 and received the RTK ding on 3/10, emailed last week Friday to ask about financial aid info timeline and still haven't heard a peep.

I'm sure they're incredibly busy so I really don't want to let my anxiety get the best of me and call their office before I should, but I'm getting antsy....anyone in a similar situation?
Yeah, I was dinged from RTK 3/9 and haven't gotten anything yet. Submitted the FAAPS beginning of February :? Hoping we hear soon!

Gotcha, that's helpful to know! Also I just noticed my FAAPS status changed to "final stage of review" on 3/21, so it sounds like it should take a week after that (so hopefully around next Tuesday). Good luck!

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:49 pm

bena wrote:
Leliana wrote:
bena wrote:Has anyone else who was dinged from RTK late still not received financial aid info? I was accepted 1/16 and received the RTK ding on 3/10, emailed last week Friday to ask about financial aid info timeline and still haven't heard a peep.

I'm sure they're incredibly busy so I really don't want to let my anxiety get the best of me and call their office before I should, but I'm getting antsy....anyone in a similar situation?
Yeah, I was dinged from RTK 3/9 and haven't gotten anything yet. Submitted the FAAPS beginning of February :? Hoping we hear soon!

Gotcha, that's helpful to know! Also I just noticed my FAAPS status changed to "final stage of review" on 3/21, so it sounds like it should take a week after that (so hopefully around next Tuesday). Good luck!
Mine went to final stage of review the day I submitted in February and has been there since :( Not sure what's going on there... But good luck to you too!

and-peggy

New

Post by and-peggy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Leliana wrote:
bena wrote:
Leliana wrote:

Mine went to final stage of review the day I submitted in February and has been there since :( Not sure what's going on there... But good luck to you too!
The same thing happened to me, but then the final review date changed again on 3/20 (I got dinged from RTK on the 9th as well). And then I heard back on my fin aid yesterday. So hopefully you should get some movement sometime soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

princesstiana

New

Post by princesstiana » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Would any girls going to Admitted Students days this week be down to split a hotel Thursday night and Friday night (3/30 and 3/31)?
Last edited by princesstiana on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nickel94

Bronze

Post by Nickel94 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Has anyone, who RSVP'd for this week's ASDs, received anything about it? I thought it said we would get more information as the date approached.

bena

New

Post by bena » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:52 am

and-peggy wrote:
Leliana wrote:
bena wrote:
Leliana wrote:

The same thing happened to me, but then the final review date changed again on 3/20 (I got dinged from RTK on the 9th as well). And then I heard back on my fin aid yesterday. So hopefully you should get some movement sometime soon!
Ah ok cool, here's hoping it's sometime this week! Did you get some good news? I have very average stats for NYU, but am very wistfully hoping the late RTK ding means they like me :)

judill

New

Post by judill » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:01 am

Nickel94 wrote:Has anyone, who RSVP'd for this week's ASDs, received anything about it? I thought it said we would get more information as the date approached.
Got an email this morning with a schedule and a short reading assignment for a mock class.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 am

Just spent some time looking at the on-campus housing options. Holy crap that rent is insane

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Post by VA2lawschool » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:03 am

TexasENG wrote:Just spent some time looking at the on-campus housing options. Holy crap that rent is insane
Yeah, the rent is insane and they are literally just dorms. No way I would pay $1600 for a box with a twin bed....

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Just sent an e-mail to admissions to start negotiating! I know someone said they were going to start a formal reconsideration process soon, but I wanted to get started on it since I'm going to ASW this week!

I got a nice reply saying they added my info to my file and then copied me to someone in the financial aid office, so we'll see what happens!

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 pm

airwrecka wrote:Just sent an e-mail to admissions to start negotiating! I know someone said they were going to start a formal reconsideration process soon, but I wanted to get started on it since I'm going to ASW this week!

I got a nice reply saying they added my info to my file and then copied me to someone in the financial aid office, so we'll see what happens!
Good Luck! Let us know how it goes :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Sorry if this has been asked already, but about how long after submitting the financial aid application did it take to receive an answer?

AFtoLawschool

Bronze

Post by AFtoLawschool » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:39 pm

LSRAT wrote:Sorry if this has been asked already, but about how long after submitting the financial aid application did it take to receive an answer?
I think it was about two weeks, maybe slightly more. It wasn't long compared to other schools.

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Does everyone get a personal note with their admissions packet? Trying to ascertain if this means anything for $$$.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:51 am

curry1 wrote:Does everyone get a personal note with their admissions packet? Trying to ascertain if this means anything for $$$.
I got one! And I'm pretty sure at least some others did as well...and I also got a decent scholarship. Not sure if they're correlated though :P

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AFtoLawschool

Bronze

Post by AFtoLawschool » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 am

airwrecka wrote:Just sent an e-mail to admissions to start negotiating! I know someone said they were going to start a formal reconsideration process soon, but I wanted to get started on it since I'm going to ASW this week!

Let me know what they say. They said the same thing to me, the guy over in financial aid told me to sit tight until they release the formal process late March.

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 am

airwrecka wrote:
curry1 wrote:Does everyone get a personal note with their admissions packet? Trying to ascertain if this means anything for $$$.
I got one! And I'm pretty sure at least some others did as well...and I also got a decent scholarship. Not sure if they're correlated though :P
I think everyone does.

Stay-at-Home Son

New

Post by Stay-at-Home Son » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:52 pm

I'm sure I don't need to tell you all this, but assuming everyone gets an alumni match email, take advantage of it. Just had a phenomenal hour-and-a-half conversation with my dude, got some really helpful advice on everything from NYU housing to the work he's doing in capital markets.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 am

Hey folks, finaid was in final stage of review as of 3/24. Checked today and the date changed to 3/31. Is a decision imminent?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:17 am

Pozzo wrote:Hey folks, finaid was in final stage of review as of 3/24. Checked today and the date changed to 3/31. Is a decision imminent?
Same, except I went FSTR on 3/22 originally. I hope we both hear back soon!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:59 am

I can say after visiting NYU this week that unless I get a miracle acceptance to Yale (lolz) or Michigan blows me out of the water (and they would REALLY have to blow my mind), I'm going to be at NYU in the fall! Loved my time there this week :)

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:06 am

airwrecka wrote:I can say after visiting NYU this week that unless I get a miracle acceptance to Yale (lolz) or Michigan blows me out of the water (and they would REALLY have to blow my mind), I'm going to be at NYU in the fall! Loved my time there this week :)
Yaaay! Yeah, I fell in love with NYU this weekend.

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 am

theothercat wrote:
airwrecka wrote:I can say after visiting NYU this week that unless I get a miracle acceptance to Yale (lolz) or Michigan blows me out of the water (and they would REALLY have to blow my mind), I'm going to be at NYU in the fall! Loved my time there this week :)
Yaaay! Yeah, I fell in love with NYU this weekend.
Same! Meeting everyone was great, hoping we get some good news this week / next week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”