Cardozo Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
Ferrisjso

Gold

Cardozo Class of 2020

Post by Ferrisjso » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Not sure if I'm attending yet, but I decided to start this thread up for all the people who were!

Hope you all enjoy your law school experience in NYC and If I attend I look forward to meeting all of you:)

tnovak894

New

Re: Cardozo Class of 2020

Post by tnovak894 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:Not sure if I'm attending yet, but I decided to start this thread up for all the people who were!

Hope you all enjoy your law school experience in NYC and If I attend I look forward to meeting all of you:)
Accepted and considering. Are you going to be at the admitted students day this Thursday?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:57 pm

tnovak894 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Not sure if I'm attending yet, but I decided to start this thread up for all the people who were!

Accepted and considering. Are you going to be at the admitted students day this Thursday?
Yes I will be. How about you?

tnovak894

New

Post by tnovak894 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
tnovak894 wrote:

yep! I wont be until the lunch part and on due to work. But ill be there for the rest of the day's event. Looking forward to meeting you. -Steve

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:06 pm

tnovak894 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
tnovak894 wrote:

yep! I wont be until the lunch part and on due to work. But ill be there for the rest of the day's event. Looking forward to meeting you. -Steve
I'm going but actually skipping the lunch part. Interested in meeting the Dean and the panels. Is anyone going to do the reading for the 1st yr property class?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:31 pm

potus wrote:
tnovak894 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
tnovak894 wrote:

I'm going but actually skipping the lunch part. Interested in meeting the Dean and the panels. Is anyone going to do the reading for the 1st yr property class?
I'd recommend the lunch part if you can - sat with a cool con law professor and that kinda won me over not gunna lie. She was chill af.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:39 pm

potus wrote:
tnovak894 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
tnovak894 wrote:

Looking forward to meeting you to tnovak! Im probably going to skip the lunch too. My main priority is getting a chance to tour the law school and hear about their tax law program which taxprof seems to think is really good. I didnt know the mock class was going to be on property law? Ive heard cases like this are meant to be fun but i might give it a once over, where can i find it?

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Ferrisjso wrote: Looking forward to meeting you to tnovak! Im probably going to skip the lunch too. My main priority is getting a chance to tour the law school and hear about their tax law program which taxprof seems to think is really good. I didnt know the mock class was going to be on property law? Ive heard cases like this are meant to be fun but i might give it a once over, where can i find it?
Did you make sure to RSVP for the ASD? If you did, you should've gotten an email from Rachel Margiewicz on Monday morning with an attachment. I can PM it to you, but you should really check your email. It's the one that also includes the agenda.

tnovak894

New

Post by tnovak894 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm

potus wrote:
Yea i looked over the reading. Was actually a little interesting, and I looked up the prof that is giving the class. Supposed to be really good. See ya there!
Ferrisjso wrote:
Looking forward to meeting you to tnovak! Im probably going to skip the lunch too. My main priority is getting a chance to tour the law school and hear about their tax law program which taxprof seems to think is really good. I didnt know the mock class was going to be on property law? Ive heard cases like this are meant to be fun but i might give it a once over, where can i find it?
As potus said, I got the email as well, and it comes with an attachment of recommended reading for mock class.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:00 pm

potus wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote: Looking forward to meeting you to tnovak! Im probably going to skip the lunch too. My main priority is getting a chance to tour the law school and hear about their tax law program which taxprof seems to think is really good. I didnt know the mock class was going to be on property law? Ive heard cases like this are meant to be fun but i might give it a once over, where can i find it?
Did you make sure to RSVP for the ASD? If you did, you should've gotten an email from Rachel Margiewicz on Monday morning with an attachment. I can PM it to you, but you should really check your email. It's the one that also includes the agenda.
Yeah id gotten it, guess my eyes skimmed over the class part! Ill go through the attachment.

Lamppost 1

New

Post by Lamppost 1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:24 pm

I'll be there tomorrow! I'm going to miss lunch but will be there for the rest of the events.

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Lamppost 1 wrote:I'll be there tomorrow! I'm going to miss lunch but will be there for the rest of the events.
Cool! This makes me feel less guilty for walking in past the check-in period.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 am

Got here early, if anyone wants to hang out PM me!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Anybody here in section A? We're a bit small, but anyone else looking forward to orientation this week? :wink:

LeavingHomeSoon

New

Post by LeavingHomeSoon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Anyone know if it'll be okay if I skip the Manhattan boat cruise? Will there be important information that will be given on the ride/will attendance be checked? Something important that's family related just came up =/

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 pm

LeavingHomeSoon wrote:Anyone know if it'll be okay if I skip the Manhattan boat cruise? Will there be important information that will be given on the ride/will attendance be checked? Something important that's family related just came up =/
It's optional. Everything in blue is optional (says in the box in the bottom right of the orientation week schedule).

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 am

Sup fam.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:53 am

Shakawkaw wrote:Sup fam.
Hi anon. Goodrich is hilarious, but I have no idea what's going on in contracts atm.

liclaire

New

Post by liclaire » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Did any of y'all end up going to cardozo? I heard its competitve and cut throat. Looking at cardozo for big law. Any advice?

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 am

liclaire wrote:Did any of y'all end up going to cardozo? I heard its competitve and cut throat. Looking at cardozo for big law. Any advice?
You should not go to Cardozo for biglaw. Point blank.

basketofbread

New

Post by basketofbread » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:01 pm

liclaire wrote:Did any of y'all end up going to cardozo? I heard its competitve and cut throat. Looking at cardozo for big law. Any advice?
I did it. It's inherently competitive because only the top ~20% percent can get biglaw. But cut throat? Not in my experience. People are kind and probably less competitive, on average, than people at top schools.

I don't think it's that hard to get top grades here if you follow the TLS guides. Coming in as a psychotic TLS reader will give you a massive advantage over your wide-eyed Cardozo 1L peers.

But as the poster above me says, it's certainly not a "safe bet" to go to Cardozo expecting big law. You truly have to get into the top of your class or you have no chance. You will get 0 interviews at OCI if you're far outside of the top 15%. The plus side is they are quite generous with scholarships. Last I checked, 1/4 of students had full rides.

It's easy for me to say in hindsight that it was a good idea, but many times throughout 1L and OCI, I thought "damn why didn't I go to a top school?"

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:26 pm

I agree with the above poster. Big law is possible at Cardozo; there's many people I know who do get them. But it's top 10-15% mostly. It's possible, but not a large percentage. There's many more who do small to mid sized firms and other public interest placements like LAS and NY Law Dept.

If you're planning on going to Cardozo for big law, I would suggest only going if you have a full or very near to full scholarship.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”